• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
Luna has insanely strong early+mid game presence. Her aura makes her trilane almost always win in terms of right click exchange, and her beams at higher levels provide alot of nuke damage. Eclipse is extremely strong in the correct situations, and her glaives allow her to farm stacks pretty fast.

However, Alchemist and gyro are better as a main carry with good early+mid game presence, and they both have better late-game scaling imo. The only thing Luna has going for her vs those heroes is eye shadow.

Luna has insanely strong early+mid game presence. Her aura makes her trilane almost always win in terms of right click exchange, and her beams at higher levels provide alot of nuke damage. Eclipse is extremely strong in the correct situations, and her glaives allow her to farm stacks pretty fast.

However, Alchemist and gyro are better as a main carry with good early+mid game presence, and they both have better late-game scaling imo. The only thing Luna has going for her vs those heroes is eye shadow.

Yeah I also like Luna very much but Gyro and Alchemist are just stronger at this point. But seeing that those two heroes were very present at this years Ti3 I wouldnt be surprised if they were nerfed and Luna could be as strong as them in the future.

Snowdrift

Anyone have any thoughts on how to build Enchantress?

I see a lot of guides recommend Aghanim's, but my question is why would you build right click over supporting items like Mek, Force Staff or Euls, considering you generally only have two open item slots. (Boots, TP, detection/or smoke, wards)

Clawww

I see a lot of guides recommend Aghanim's, but my question is why would you build right click over supporting items like Mek, Force Staff or Euls, considering you generally only have two open item slots. (Boots, TP, detection/or smoke, wards)

You can buy support items if your team needs them, but Aghs will only help you get more gold since you'll be very strong with if you get it quickly. Impetus is serious damage, and extra hp/mp and stats definitely help her since she's on the squishy side.

aeolist

Banned

because impetus does pure damage and lets her scale into the late game when her creep army falls off

it works better the further away you are too which is great since you definitely don't want to be in the middle of fights

shira

PSA: all those ti3 chests expire soon, do not buy a shit load of TI3 keys and hope for a big box opening tomorrow

shira

t1376362800z4.png

Speaking of TI3 chests, I have an extra Spectre Weapon and an Alch head I don't really want. Looking to trade for other things in the chest maybe - tell me what you have.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Speaking of TI3 chests, I have an extra Spectre Weapon and an Alch head I don't really want. Looking to trade for other things in the chest maybe - tell me what you have.

Would you be interested in the KOTL Horn or the Witch Doctor mask for the Spec weapon?

Also if anyone have an Evildoer (PA Weapon) or Wavecutter (Slark hat) from the Quirt's Summer Stash chest, I'd be willing to trade for those.

Otherwise considering the DS horns from Technomancer. The KotL horn doesn't do anything for me and I already have the Rubick Staff and WD hat.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
She's good but she's not that good. Nuke and a short stun is nice, she scales very very smoothly into being a decent carry but the lack of escape hurts and playing as her isn't usually particularly interesting for me, she's just so linear.

I mean, I don't dislike her. If we need a safe carry and she's in the pool I'll pick her and have fun with her. But I wouldn't go out of my way to grab her

Let's fight with knifes.

Artanisix

I got the Entropic set for CK off of a trade and it's soooo cool. If anyone has a CK mount for trade, hit me up.

I really enjoy playing CK, I don't get to play him enough.

Haly

Bane is hardcountered by Rubick.

It's sad but true.

That game was pretty great.

Except for like the two times when I shackled the guy a split second after you started Gripping

And then died

That was a great game. Solo offlane bane, tries not to die.

Gets first three kills.

but srsly, why dont we play more

Get on when I'm on! Stop being in Australia.

Bane is hardcountered by Rubick.

It's sad but true.

You're hardcountered by Rubick.

Kard8p3

Guys, how can I most effectively play LD? I have the item build, but I feel..so slow in getting what I need, so any tips will be greatly appreciated.

i just played my first game as invoker after actually learning his skills. i got twelve kills before dying! then lost 12/3/13 because magic sucks lategame and i don't know how to use his skills well.

I can only play invoker in bot matches :D so congrats for having the balls haha

i played one bot match, and i faintly remember randoming him long ago. i kinda just spammed his orbs and hoped for the best though.

this time i actually wrote his skills down on a notecard. i feel dirty.

Ridli

i played one bot match, and i faintly remember randoming him long ago. i kinda just spammed his orbs and hoped for the best though.

this time i actually wrote his skills down on a notecard. i feel dirty.

Pssst.

Click the question mark next to invoke on your action bar.

Aaron

Guys, how can I most effectively play LD? I have the item build, but I feel..so slow in getting what I need, so any tips will be greatly appreciated.
After getting a few levels in lanes, switch to the jungle. If that's still too slow, rush hand of midas.

Forkball

RIP battle bonus. Come to think of it, I went like a month span without playing Dota when it was active. And now I really want to level up, but Dota was down yesterday. MY COMMONS

Haly

I am inviting people to the Neogaf guild right now. Log on, join the Neogaf chat channel and say something if you want in.

Sothpaw

Good job playing on US West and not speaking a single word of English. Option to play with region locked servers and a concede option would make this game perfect.

shira

I don't have the courage, but can some rich person with multiple throwaway autographs see what happens if you apply 2 to the same item? Do they cancel out or stack?

It's really dumb that you can't autograph player cards . . . zzz

Easy choices
Dendi on Dragonclaw
Abulldog on Scythe.
Pflax on Pflax announcer

Hard choices
Cyborgmatt/Anuxi on Ti3 Shagbark? Or is Anuxi on Owlion the logical choice.
I kinda know there will be Etheral Flame Shagbarks in the future do I save it for then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom