• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
If you're playing AP people will always play god-comps. Its always gonna be a thing, doesn't matter if its post-TI3 or not. Just play other modes

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I did pretty good in my game but Ihad a really slow start because it was my first time not playing in a lane. End game was hilarious though. I just stood there as they tried to kill me.

Aselith

Dendi + Sheever?

qMpiuda.png

That's right. She was hosting a Dota orgy.

Just played a game, enemy team picks up pudge, ck, wisp, alch and a cm...
They got destroyed though...
But still, expecting this will stay around for another 4 weeks or so

We ended up winning the game even though I went Venge mid against Batrider, feel like I should have lost that

Artanisix

Does anyone have the CK set from the CK shirt? Really sick item set, would rather trade with a gaffer for it than some rando dota lounge scammer.

Have hot luck with those camps.

last time I asked a similar question no one helped me :(

I won't claim to be the best jungle doom but I'll say what I do and you can see if it works for you. Basically my item build is decided by the creeps you get/your partner heroes. I usually start with 2 tangos, a salve, and a stout shield, or 2 tangos, a stout shield, and the +2 armor component of tranquil boots, which you can then make into the full boots to help you jungle. If you are lucky you will have a CM on your team with the mana aura which will pretty much let you spam your regen/aoe fire ability and that will keep you alive in which case you can skip tranqs go for a fast midas, into whatever boot you want.

Always hang around the big camp closest to your base so you can be there at the 30 second creep spawn. If you are lucky you will get the Satyrs or the Trolls, these are the best two camps for you. If you are sorta lucky it will be the wildkin or the centaur. If you get the ursa, skip this camp until later as they are too strong, you have no luck. If you get one of the lucky camps your jungle will be much easier since the skeletons/regen are amazing. If you think that your jungling is going well you can straight rush a midas, if it isn't I would say get tranquil boots into a later midas. Try and grab the alpha wolf around 6/7 as the crit/bonus damage is super good and you should be survivable enough to take any camp.

I suppose if your team is doing well and you are being left alone for the most part you could grab a radiance to speed up your farm but I personally think its a bad build. I usually try and rush a bkb if they have a lot of magic damage/disable, an AC if you have some good right clickers on your team, or a shiva's if they have right click. The nice thing about shiva's is that it makes your mana issues nonexistant. Doom needs armor, which is why I recommend either AC or Shiva's. Past that its up to your preference really.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I think I will build Doom as tanky as possible because the wolf buff really gives you all the damage you need. That is what I did in my game with him.

Does anyone have the CK set from the CK shirt? Really sick item set, would rather trade with a gaffer for it than some rando dota lounge scammer.

Not sure if you'll really find that many people willing to trade for it fairly right now. Those shirts were the first to be sold out at the show and online.

Some guy was offering 2 sets for my flowering treant, unfortunately I took him off my friends list otherwise I would have forwarded him to you.

sixghost

still need to constantly reselect units for brood/chen/enchant,etc

which is really annoying

I've never really had to reselect units on brood for some reason. My hotkeys always stay active. I don't actually mind it for Chen. Jungling with him is so slow paced it's not too bad to shift select another creep into the hotkeys.

BeesEight

mkenyon

Banned
I'm somehow getting worse at this game instead of better :( , still having a lot of fun trying to figure it out though.
Nah, it's that you are realizing more and more how bad you really are. Just keep at it, there is an end to the trench.

Playing with friends only helps.

Shinypogs

Nah, it's that you are realizing more and more how bad you really are. Just keep at it, there is an end to the trench.

Playing with friends only helps.

lol I'm still playing against the ai ( unlike in wol sc2 where it was pointless to play the ai because it did weird shit like upgrade shields first as protoss and scout with medivacs as terran). Playing against other people forced you to get better faster and to react to real situations .

I feel I'm not ready to inflict myself on other people in dota 2 when I'm still struggling to not lose myself in a fight or standing around trying to figure out how to buy/upgrade something while my ai partners do all the work. I feel like things would make more sense if I had friends to play and chat with. Reading/ watching guides still just leaves me confused half the time. I try to mimic what I see but half the time I just panic and do something else.

I'll figure it out eventually though, one hero at a time.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
After I learned her it was hard to play other heroes for a while. They are just.... so much worse.

She's good but she's not that good. Nuke and a short stun is nice, she scales very very smoothly into being a decent carry but the lack of escape hurts and playing as her isn't usually particularly interesting for me, she's just so linear.

I mean, I don't dislike her. If we need a safe carry and she's in the pool I'll pick her and have fun with her. But I wouldn't go out of my way to grab her

Einbroch

Banned
She's good but she's not that good. Nuke and a short stun is nice, she scales very very smoothly into being a decent carry but the lack of escape hurts and playing as her isn't usually particularly interesting for me, she's just so linear.

I mean, I don't dislike her. If we need a safe carry and she's in the pool I'll pick her and have fun with her. But I wouldn't go out of my way to grab her

I think what makes her so strong is her amazing nuke (Q). Super long range, mini-stun, and bonkers damage.

The range is what catches people, especially bad people (the people at my level). They think they're safe, and WOMP, dead from 1/4 health. And when you have enough mana/regen, you can just spam spam spam.

Atlantis

Ignoring how interesting or powerful she actually is, she's really hard not to play for me because it's just so easy to dominate pubs with her.

Easy last hits, fast farmer, and fairly powerful at all points of the game. She's the perfect storm.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think what makes her so strong is her amazing nuke (Q). Super long range, mini-stun, and bonkers damage.

The range is what catches people, especially bad people (the people at my level). They think they're safe, and WOMP, dead from 1/4 health. And when you have enough mana/regen, you can just spam spam spam.

Yeah the range on that nuke is pretty hilariously awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom