• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmpaler

I am never ever going in fucking Captain's Mode again. First time going in I was the captain and I was stuck with a Chinese-speaking dude and a Spanish-speaking dude and other 2 were silent. Literally no team communication. Fuck this shit, I would atleast think people queuing for Captain's Mode would be serious, but nope MM proved me wrong on that. Fuck Captain's Mode, just fuck it.

I queue for all games and last night was my first captain game. Thankfully it turned out great, but there was much arguing and debating on bans and pick, damn near burned up all the reserve time.

But yeah, no English games suck

Boken

Banned
alright are you kidding me valve....

someone gave me 4 Ti3 chests last night, and immediately after I went to buy keys but steam was offline. Then when it came back online the dota store wouldnt take my purchase.

So soon as I got home today I bought 4 keys only to find out the chests expired and vanished from my inventory. Great business model to sell keys to chests that disappear from your inventory.
I keep telling people to never buy keys

You wouldn't gamble your money irl, why would you do it in doto?

shira

PSA: Ti3/doto shirts is on sale at Jinx

http://www.jinx.com/shop/coll/dota/...edium=email&utm_campaign=489-NewTeesfromDOTA2

Tired of paying ripoff prices to resellers and non-GAF tourney attendees.
Seems they have a decent shipping internationally price - well Canada anyway

iq8RyR9lUOqMd.png

edit: the CK and Bat are sold out on Volvo Storo so snap em up while you can. CK/bat - Men's small and medium disappered just now - ladies are fine
edit: Add APOCALYPSE for 10% off
ink4n3 +1 : )

not sure what's left - they are different than the TI shirts, but same codes

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Brace your selves, Luckbox prices should be going down now, valve email all the people who order them online codes at one time.

i wouldnt spend 2$ on a lottery ticket in real life?

And real life Lotto tickets don't even have consolation prizes.

inky

I keep telling people to never buy keys

You wouldn't gamble your money irl, why would you do it in doto?

Tell me about it. I don't even play this game and I had money on my wallet so I bought 2. 1 CK and 1 Spectre ugly items later I just feel dumb. Should've bought a game or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The immortal compendium items seem to be going slightly up in price. You guys think the items will hold their value over the long term?

Yeah, though the LD and Abaddon items will likely drift down in price, unless Abaddon gets really popular in the future.

Yeah, though the LD and Abaddon items will likely drift down in price, unless Abaddon gets really popular in the future.

Despite how many there are out in the wild, there won't be any more.

It will hold, probably.

It's weird to see LD's cauldron go up to $4 at this point and even surpass Abaddon's mace in value as it's been by and large the least popular item this whole time.

On another note, I'm eagerly anticipating our fantasy/compendium prediction rewards. Hopefully they are good...

The couriers definitely. Give it a year and they double in price.

I wonder how much the full style smeevil will command a decent price.

I see the fully upgraded smeevil couriers trading for about 2-3 keys on dota2lounge right now (courier owner usually wants 3, best offer is 2 but not taken). Incidently, I think stuff like the crab dye and lure will end up being cheaper than the bird and mammoth item despite being way more difficult to obtain.

woober

I just sold a few of my boxes that I got from the e-mail, I figure tons of people will start dumping their keys and then the price will go down. Can just trade for any items I want now

But what happens if one of the boxes holds the shitty wizard?!!? And then you can sell that for god knows how much.

Brace your selves, Luckbox prices should be going down now, valve email all the people who order them online codes at one time.
Not really, myself and some others on reddit who ordered plushies haven't gotten an email yet

Kind if disappointing, I hope I don't have to go to customer service, since it'll be a long and drawn out process

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can't even comprehend why the luckboxes are going for so much.

No clue, but I don't really like the items that much. Maybe I'll track down the Nyx item, and I sort of like the DP hat. Shadow Blade being worth the most is just strange to me, it looks silly and Valve just released two sword for Kunnka that I think are better.

What I want to know is if player cards will continue to drop. I have I think 7 teams left for the dye. Not sure if it's even worth the effort though unless they drop for awhile longer. I already have the crab (and all the other forms), so the dye is just for the sake of completion. EZ mode would be to trade another one of my spare mythical TA hats for loads of gold on Dota2WH and finish it that way, but I'd rather save it if I can.

Hey guys, total noob over here. I've been looking to get into this game for a while, but never had the time. Now I finally have the time and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Favorite heroes so far have been Lina, Naga and Venge. I love a hero with a lot of versatile spells, any other heroes like that? Naga ulti is so goddamn overpowered btw, but I guess Alliance proved that as well.

On a side note, what the hell do I do against Broodmother in the laning fase, except for sentry wards? It's pretty much the only hero I just can't figure out how to get the upper hand against in the laning fase.

shira

I can't even comprehend why the luckboxes are going for so much.

Ok, we're selling $50 lottery tickets for $20 prizes.
[sold out ]

No clue, but I don't really like the items that much. Maybe I'll track down the Nyx item, and I sort of like the DP hat. Shadow Blade being worth the most is just strange to me, it looks silly and Valve just released two sword for Kunnka that I think are better.

The blade biter is a big meh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What I want to know is if player cards will continue to drop. I have I think 7 teams left for the dye. Not sure if it's even worth the effort though unless they drop for awhile longer. I already have the crab (and all the other forms), so the dye is just for the sake of completion. EZ mode would be to trade another one of my spare mythical TA hats for loads of gold on Dota2WH and finish it that way, but I'd rather save it if I can.

They will likely stop when Valve does the next update, but they shouldn't vanish.

Also, Dota2WH is easy mode for cards:
http://www.dota2wh.com/items/Player Card

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How do you guys feel about babysitting friends who are completely new to the game?

On the one hand, it's a chance to establish good habits like sharing the load on wards and couriers. On the other hand, it can get frustrating when they just don't listen to your advice in-game (not helping to defend when you are under siege causing you to lose the game was the most frustrating thing ever) in addition to picking idiotic heroes like Riki and Sniper 90% of the time .

And even so, the learning curve is so steep that you would expect to lose most of your games if you are partying with at least two noobs.

SteveWinewood and I solved the "hero picking" problem yesterday: take someone with zero wins into All Random!

shira

It should be Tournament exclusive, unless Valve accidentally put one in the Online Balls.

Yeah this hasn't been clarified yet. Word of mouth was 500 wizards out of 10,000 pokeballs. So even if you did buy them mail order - you would need someone to buy 20 or so to even have the right odds to get one.

They will likely stop when Valve does the next update, but they shouldn't vanish.

Also, Dota2WH is easy mode for cards:
http://www.dota2wh.com/items/Player Card

Yeah I'm just annoyed since Dota2WH doesn't want any of my duplicates except for my TA mythicals (which it will give me 3k+ gold for.) Guess I can buy some other rares or whatever with the excess. Should've traded in my Omni hammers when it gave me the chance a few days ago.

Ridli

Hey guys, total noob over here. I've been looking to get into this game for a while, but never had the time. Now I finally have the time and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Favorite heroes so far have been Lina, Naga and Venge. I love a hero with a lot of versatile spells, any other heroes like that? Naga ulti is so goddamn overpowered btw, but I guess Alliance proved that as well.

On a side note, what the hell do I do against Broodmother in the laning fase, except for sentry wards? It's pretty much the only hero I just can't figure out how to get the upper hand against in the laning fase.

Windrunner and venomancer are two more in the versatility department, along with being fairly item independant supports like your other picks. Learning to be good with wards and shackleshot will teach you a lot about positioning and vision.

Re: broodmother, I usually don't drop sentries unless going to secure a kill, but you win that lane with cheap aoe. Her spiders can feed you so much gold if you play smart. Take a dark seer or tide hunter and enjoy your quick mekansm/blink.

Windrunner and venomancer are two more in the versatility department, along with being fairly item independant supports like your other picks. Learning to be good with wards and shackleshot will teach you a lot about positioning and vision.

Re: broodmother, I usually don't drop sentries unless going to secure a kill, but you win that lane with cheap aoe. Her spiders can feed you so much gold if you play smart. Take a dark seer or tide hunter and enjoy your quick mekansm/blink.

Thanks for the advice.I tried WR once and sucked horribly but that was my first match so I guess I'll give it another try. Shackleshot is pretty tough to hit, but I've even seen pro's miss those often so whatever.

Keikaku

So...uh....this just happened.

8nX75AK.png

It was a 255, 255, 255 courier and I put it up on the market as a lark because I really, really didn't think that anyone would buy it for $100. As it stands, I'm starting to think that I could have sold it for more but HOLY SHIT.

WHO BUYS A DIGITAL COURIER GAME ITEM FOR $105?? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
So...uh....this just happened.

8nX75AK.png

It was a 255, 255, 255 courier and I put it up on the market as a lark because I really, really didn't think that anyone would buy it for $100. As it stands, I'm starting to think that I could have sold it for more but HOLY SHIT.

WHO BUYS A DIGITAL COURIER GAME ITEM FOR $105?? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??

Golden Roshan is worth 2700 - 5500 keys. Blows my mind that someone would pay that much.

mLH7aH6.png

This seems to confirm that they could be in the luckless lockbox, right? I want to make sure before I decide to open them.

No.

They come with the wizard microplushie, which you could get randomly. Those who get a wizard microplushie will get a code to unlock Garrard. the luckless box is just an additional item that comes with the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom