• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

PA also did a really good photo essay on TI3

dota2ti3.jpg

ti3_06.jpg

ti3_22.jpg

ti3_25.jpg

ti3_46.jpg

ti3_53.jpg

ti3_56.jpg

ti3_68.jpg

ti3_71.jpg

ti3_18.jpg

shira

PSA: Ti3/doto shirts is on sale at Jinx

http://www.jinx.com/shop/coll/dota/...edium=email&utm_campaign=489-NewTeesfromDOTA2

Tired of paying ripoff prices to resellers and non-GAF tourney attendees.
Seems they have a decent shipping internationally price - well Canada anyway

iq8RyR9lUOqMd.png

edit: the CK and Bat are sold out on Volvo Storo so snap em up while you can. CK/bat - Men's small and medium disappered just now - ladies are fine
edit: Add APOCALYPSE for 10% off
ink4n3 +1 : )

shira

I don't have the courage, but can some rich person with multiple throwaway autographs see what happens if you apply 2 to the same item? Do they cancel out or stack?

It's really dumb that you can't autograph player cards . . . zzz

Easy choices
Dendi on Dragonclaw
Abulldog on Scythe.
Pflax on Pflax announcer

Hard choices
Cyborgmatt/Anuxi on Ti3 Shagbark? Or is Anuxi on Owlion the logical choice.
I kinda know there will be Etheral Flame Shagbarks in the future do I save it for then?

REDDIT: I learned the hard way. I'm speaking of the digital signatures from the international. I had a plan to autograph my legendary QoP wings with Anuxi, Mushi and Linda K Moris (QoP's voice actor). As a result I forfeit my Anuxi signature :(.
I think Valve should tell you that it will override the previous signature.

Damn Volvo add 3 signature slots please.

Anuxi maybe you could help this poor soul out
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1k9mv4/psa_you_cannot_attach_more_than_one_autograph_to/

traveler

Not Wario
I know I'm late to the discussion, but there was a doom build I believe someone posted in one of the older threads that got an early Soul Ring for ganking that I really liked. Being able to lend a net/stomp to the safe lane often really gives him presence and early xp boosts. Worst case scenario, you can devour/scorched earth as much as you like. Plus, later on, you can guarantee mana for an ult when you need it. Not sure what the exact progression of the build was outside of the ring, but I thought I'd throw it up for discussion anyways.

Source or hunch on incoming unusual shagbarks, shira?

I'm also debating what to do with my tourney drop. I got an enchantress shoulderpad for the Orange/Na'vi semifinals first blood. Guess I could throw it up for offers as well.

shira

Source or hunch on incoming unusual shagbarks, shira?

Hope

Wasn't this out of stock: http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=PL86051-22 ???

I just ordered one cause i need a headset mic combo, but you get a battlefury item for Faceless Void, seems pretty cool to me lol. I am getting sucked into the cosmetics of Dota, i am already dead.

No. The mouse and mousepad was.

They had a sale on Amazon a while back for like $50 for the headsets

Axe got picked in TI3??

I assume Virtus Pro

The prints were from all the different creators at the event. They would switch throughout the day who was signing/scanning badges. The creators had PCs up there too that some of them were actively creating items on also, so you could grab a print from that table and then track down the creator to sign it.

So how hard is Visage gonna be hit with that nerf hammer?

Not that anyone would notice since he's rare in pubs anyhow.

PSA: Ti3/doto shirts is on sale at Jinx

http://www.jinx.com/shop/coll/dota/...edium=email&utm_campaign=489-NewTeesfromDOTA2

Tired of paying ripoff prices to resellers and non-GAF tourney attendees.
Seems they have a decent shipping internationally price - well Canada anyway

iq8RyR9lUOqMd.png

edit: the CK and Bat are sold out on Volvo Storo so snap em up while you can. CK/bat - Men's small and medium disappered just now - ladies are fine
edit: Add APOCALYPSE for 10% off
ink4n3 +1 : )

Bat Medium is still there me thinks, but yeah the ck is gone. Fuck me, sorry some of us have jobs.

Got a friend to switch to Dota, he's enjoying it a lot more. He had no idea there were shops on the map or that you could buy a courier lol. I guess you can't do that in that other game. I wouldn't know

If you really want to blow his mind let him know you can tp ("recall") to other towers instead of just to base.

Aaron

They should change the tutorial to say 'The first rule of dota 2 is DO NOT DIE,' and if you die during the tutorial, it uninstalls dota 2 and forces you to download it again. My last game, we basically had it won by the mid game. They had no outer towers, but then the other players had odd builds that didn't add to their survival at all, and would wander off alone. I did my best to push the enemy back, but all those kills got them too fat. It's a little frustrating, but a hard problem to solve.

lmpaler

So how hard is Visage gonna be hit with that nerf hammer?

Not that anyone would notice since he's rare in pubs anyhow.

Bat Medium is still there me thinks, but yeah the ck is gone. Fuck me, sorry some of us have jobs.

If you really want to blow his mind let him know you can tp ("recall") to other towers instead of just to base.

Lol. He plays Windrunner and fast characters so he says he doesn't need them, I disagree, but hey that's why he plays training matches lol.

I have yet to play against or play Visage in 2, but dear god in DotA 1 he was ridiculous

They should change the tutorial to say 'The first rule of dota 2 is DO NOT DIE,' and if you die during the tutorial, it uninstalls dota 2 and forces you to download it again. My last game, we basically had it won by the mid game. They had no outer towers, but then the other players had odd builds that didn't add to their survival at all, and would wander off alone. I did my best to push the enemy back, but all those kills got them too fat. It's a little frustrating, but a hard problem to solve.

What most players don't seem to realize in PUGs is that you can try different builds in game. I use it all the time when I play a hero I haven't played in a very long time(Omni was the most recent) and since it had been years since I played Dota. I told my friend that and he stared at me blankly lol, he was Alt-tabbing to read builds. Sigh.

KingKong

I played a game last night where a Centaur seemed extremely offended by a guy on the other team picking Weaver and kept calling him a tryhard and complaining about it because of TI3. And like a week ago a Pudge was complaining about Weaver using invis too. Like come on guys, it's not exactly a Nyx, he's not going to gank you with shukuchi

Hylian7

Shackle Shot has to be the buggiest spell in the game. Seriously, there are so many times I'm like "THAT SHOULD LATCHED!" and other times where I'm at a 90 degree angle and like "Wat, how did that latch?"

shira

How would that mechanic help item builds?

Phandy

Has anyone else been glitchy or laggy recently? I had to abandon a game a day or two ago because it was extremely laggy right at the start. I just joined another game, where it lagged, I couldn't see particle effects or my chat, and two other people in the game were also have connection problems (fortunately the enemy NP abandoned so I could leave). I just verified the integrity of my cache, but I probably won't play again until after the next update in hopes for some magic fix.

I had this the other day and had to eat and abandon.
Its something that happens server side seemingly random. The server just overloads you with packets, (your In on netgraph will max out). You should just try another game, it should work on another server. I joined one straight after and it was ok.

mkenyon

Banned
Regarding the TI3 shirts and whatnot, just thought I'd give my two cents.

They're all super high quality. Wearing the Dolfrat polo right now, and it's much better quality than your typical mall-chain type stuff. Same goes for the standard T's. The T's fit slightly large, and the polos fit slightly small as well.

woober

Regarding the TI3 shirts and whatnot, just thought I'd give my two cents.

They're all super high quality. Wearing the Dolfrat polo right now, and it's much better quality than your typical mall-chain type stuff. Same goes for the standard T's. The T's fit slightly large, and the polos fit slightly small as well.

Did you get them at the event or did you order online? I have my online order coming, but I'm not sure everything is coming in that shipment (dotaballs being backordered and what not).

I am never ever going in fucking Captain's Mode again. First time going in I was the captain and I was stuck with a Chinese-speaking dude and a Spanish-speaking dude and other 2 were silent. Literally no team communication. Fuck this shit, I would atleast think people queuing for Captain's Mode would be serious, but nope MM proved me wrong on that. Fuck Captain's Mode, just fuck it.

woober

Did you get them at the event or did you order online? I have my online order coming, but I'm not sure everything is coming in that shipment (dotaballs being backordered and what not).

Just got an email from Valve with the lockless luckboxes since the dotaballs wont ship. I'm debating whether or not to open them. Are the items in them marketable on the marketplace?

I AM DYING TO PLAY SOME DOTA2 D:

different artist was there who made that set :)

but the set isn't in-game. It's strange they'd make prints and hand them out for items that do not exist in Dota 2 (yet)

Just got an email from Valve with the lockless luckboxes since the dotaballs wont ship. I'm debating whether or not to open them. Are the items in them marketable on the marketplace?

I didn't get such an email D:

I did get my refund though

vehn

I just sold a few of my boxes that I got from the e-mail, I figure tons of people will start dumping their keys and then the price will go down. Can just trade for any items I want now

dorkimoe

alright are you kidding me valve....

someone gave me 4 Ti3 chests last night, and immediately after I went to buy keys but steam was offline. Then when it came back online the dota store wouldnt take my purchase.

So soon as I got home today I bought 4 keys only to find out the chests expired and vanished from my inventory. Great business model to sell keys to chests that disappear from your inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom