• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need some friends to play Dota with. I played a pub game last night that pushed me to my limits, and it made me realize that I have a huge pool of possible people to play with (NeoGAF) that I am just not taking advantage of. Please, save me from pubs.

red731

Guys, I need some friends to play Dota with. I played a pub game last night that pushed me to my limits, and it made me realize that I have a huge pool of possible people to play with (NeoGAF) that I am just not taking advantage of. Please, save me from pubs.

Plese be from eu. Add me. I want to play with gaf so we can actualy have some strategy.

Quote for steam page

red731

Yeah I would prefer to play in groups rather than shitty pub games as well. EU here.

My steam profile here ^

Lol_raise_eyebrows_spongebob_gif.gif

Will add.

Yep, map control, agressive play with some dust in hand and you got useless image-creating spear-fisher. If a Phantom Lancer didn't managed to get a Diffusal Blade in 15 minutes mark, he wouldn't much of a threat.

Guys, I've thought on Venomancer lately. He is my first hero, and I love him. But the thing is, he skills feels so subpar. There are better alternatif to replace his role. Poison Sting especially, is near useless except in laning phase. With agressive playstyle, his position as overtime nuker wouldn't be ncessary since every team would favor high burst damage instead. So, do you guys think Venomancer need some fix to make him feels more useful?

He's great mid and early game. He does fall off in effectiveness come late game, but that's when you (hopefully) have enough to buy items to make up for it.

red731

US East Coast, sorry! I've played around 300 games and you can find me in Steam by looking up Super Stop and Shop if you still want to play.

I'll add you too. I have around 40 hours played...So I am not any exceptional player, but I like to play it so there. Will add you too, man!

Zyphos

Neo Member
Wow. dota2wh really is a Godsend; took me maybe half an hour to nearly finish off my collection. Just waiting on Loda to go back in stock. They currently have -1 of it, though. Dunno if that's worrisome or not.

If anyone would like to trade for it, shoot me a PM.

Nirvana

Not sure if this was already posted, but anyone got any news on this?

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1367991

Apparently Xboct called 2 of his teammates 'idiots' and blamed them for the loss, claiming there would be roster changes.

Could just be a massive troll, since that's what he does. Hopefully it is, because I feel like Na'Vi is stronger now than they've ever been, much more consistent play since just before Alienware and they are looking really good.

Fingers crossed for troll.

red731

Yeah, it's the same thing essentially, doesn't seem to be any more news about it though. Seems like a weird way for him to make the statement to be honest.

Yeah. I read your link and posted what was inside.
I tohught they've played well when they've got so far. I don't like this a bit.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No Blizzard's insistance on starting WCS late and cramming it to make Blizzcon is whats killing it. Not the idea in itself.

No region locking was a terrible idea too, I think all the regional finals were won by Koreans. Just look at TL at TI3 and see why it's important to not have one region completely dominate the participants.

In layman's terms, what exactly is Aegis denial in the context that it happened in The International? I understand creep and tower denial, but I'm not sure what Ky.Xy did wrong.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
In layman's terms, what exactly is Aegis denial in the context that it happened in The International? I understand creep and tower denial, but I'm not sure what Ky.Xy did wrong.

The Aegis can be denied. Once you kill Roshan the Aegis is sitting there on the ground and if someone A-clicks it they will attack it and deny the Aegis. Usually this would be done by the enemy team. I guess ky.xy A-clicks Rosh and he clicked one too many times and accidentally denied his own teams Aegis.

In layman's terms, you just denied an at-the-spot respawn to your team that could help you be aggressive in base pushing.

Denying an aegis is usually a last resort move if you're a range hero, and you're trying to stop an enemy from picking it up.

The Aegis can be denied. Once you kill Roshan the Aegis is sitting there on the ground and if someone A-clicks it they will attack it and deny the Aegis. Usually this would be done by the enemy team. I guess ky.xy A-clicks Rosh and he clicked one too many times and accidentally denied his own teams Aegis.

Ah, so simple :D

I thought the Aegis just automatically went to a member of the group who killed Roshan, never realised you had to pick it up.

If its on the floor, why would anyone want to destroy it rather than pick it up? Or can it only be picked up by the team who kills Roshan?

edit: Answered by FlutterPuffs. Thanks guys :)

aeolist

Banned
it's pretty sad if xboct is blaming funn1k and kuroky

i mean it's hard to place "blame" when there's a loss like this but honestly i think it was the drafting and strategic decision making by alliance that beat them, which would fall on puppey's shoulders as captain. i think s4 drafted really intelligently by baiting the bat since dendi and funn1k are good on bat but it's not anywhere near the best hero for either of them. they ended up winning lanes and getting a few good ganks with him but he never delivered that huge impact you expect and i think they would have been better off without him.

the problem was that they'd have to ban him since s4's bat is extremely solid and then they'd have chen or naga for first pick. it's no-win really.

it was mainly that and the play-calling around things like the rosh fights and 2 for 1 barracks trade that lost them the set.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Its easy to say this in hindsight but even going into game five I thought that they should let Chen slip through and take out the Prophet. Naga would still fuck them up, but I also saw just how much trouble Prophet was causing them. Chen would have been more of a teamfight hero which Navi were much more comfortable with.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wtf, PL is now considered to be a sub-par unimpressive hero? I know I haven't played in a while but when did this happen? He used to be the most complained about hero by far.

Oh I still complain about him. I still think he can be bullshit. But a co-ordinated, well drafted team can take him down.

Its just that he's one of the few heroes that you really really have to have that co-ordination and focus for. Most of the time if I just want to hop on for a quick game with randoms we just draft a semi-varied lineup and try to outkill and outpush the other guys, and PL throws a wrench into that by requiring not only communication but actual willingness to work together.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Its easy to say this in hindsight but even going into game five I thought that they should let Chen slip through and take out the Prophet. Naga would still fuck them up, but I also saw just how much trouble Prophet was causing them. Chen would have been more of a teamfight hero which Navi were much more comfortable with.

Chen and Naga are two direct counters to Navi's playstyle. They both punish hyper-aggression (Naga allows time to reset and regroup, Chen's ult makes many ganks fail).

Not sure if this was already posted, but anyone got any news on this?

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1367991

Apparently Xboct called 2 of his teammates 'idiots' and blamed them for the loss, claiming there would be roster changes.

Could just be a massive troll, since that's what he does. Hopefully it is, because I feel like Na'Vi is stronger now than they've ever been, much more consistent play since just before Alienware and they are looking really good.

Fingers crossed for troll.

I don't think its trolling after how hard alliance threw them in the dumpster.

lol

on a losing streak halp

League is holding down your soul.

Nirvana

I don't think its trolling after how hard alliance threw them in the dumpster.

lol

League is holding down your soul.

Didn't exactly 'throw them in the dumpster' lol, they beat them in game 5 via some shifty rat dota (well played rat dota) after being behind the whole game.

red731

Yeah I would prefer to play in groups rather than shitty pub games as well. EU here.

My steam profile here ^

Friendship request sent.

US East Coast, sorry! I've played around 300 games and you can find me in Steam by looking up Super Stop and Shop if you still want to play.

Friendship request sent.

Feel free to add me too :) EU-gaffer aswell

clydelyng

Can't find you anywhere :(

I'd also like to play with some new people if anyone wants to add me that'd be great. I can play on EU west or US east. I have a few hundred games played but I'm still low tier as hell, I mainly just want to play with people who actually enjoy the game a bit and don't rage all the time.

Steam page here:

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Oh god that is hilarious. I wish more English casters were like this at times

I'd also like to play with some new people if anyone wants to add me that'd be great. I can play on EU west or US east. I have a few hundred games played but I'm still low tier as hell, I mainly just want to play with people who actually enjoy the game a bit and don't rage all the time.

Steam page here:

I'll play with you. We'll probably lose. But I am down.

In my e-mail it said my pokeball shipped without a luckbox code in it, that's why I got one in e-mail. I don't think you'll get codes if your pokeballs didnt ship....

Oh, nobody made this clear in their posts. I had interpreted it to mean they gave codes out to cancelled orders to make up for it or whatever.

Ah well.

BeesEight

Wtf, PL is now considered to be a sub-par unimpressive hero? I know I haven't played in a while but when did this happen? He used to be the most complained about hero by far.

Even at the height of Phantom Lancer's popularity he was only posting mediocre results in competitive matches.

The complaining is almost entirely in the pub scene but I agree with whoever said that it's mostly due to people hating to lose to a hard carry. You can see the exact same kind of reaction to Anti-Mage. Just wait until Medusa becomes super popular.

ElyrionX

How the hell do you do ancients with Medusa without a ward? I come in a game and they tell me I can all of a sudden. I ended up taking a lot of damage from ancients and missed stacks because I had to go Tranquils. How the fuck do you do it?

If you clear all the trees I believe you can do it without a ward. That's how Funnik does it with Mirana and Windrunner.

I don't understand these two posts at all. Will someone enlighten me?

F!ReW!Re

I don't understand these two posts at all. Will someone enlighten me?

^Dreams-Visions did a really nice sum up of how to stack/farm ancients with or without wards on Medusa a couple pages back.

I would also suggest watching some of his Dusa games.
I'll repost his early post later tonight to explain (or someone else can link to it)

*EDIT*:
Beaten by dreams himself!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think that would be a bit overkill. Also there aren't 32 teams that are on the same level as the top 8.

If the scene really does keep growing, by TI5 there should be 32 really good teams, once you toss into the mix South America, Africa, and the rest of Asia.

If the scene really does keep growing, by TI5 there should be 32 really good teams, once you toss into the mix South America, Africa, and the rest of Asia.

maybe, in 2, 3 years. It all depends on the quality of the tournaments in said regions.

That being said SEA's tournaments are starting to get pretty bad. Here's hoping we can still maintain a team as good as Orange & Zenith for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom