• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Enjoying the game now. Pre ti3 the game would make me cry. Now I don't know, can go without dying for a while now which helps. Even get more than 1 kill a game lol. Got 11 in one yesterday. Madness. I still get a little lost towards the end of the match when my team starts moving into their base. I know fuck all about what I am doing then.

Trasher

without wards, you need to cut down...I think 6 trees in total. with wards, like 4. roughly the same number as on the radiant side. I'll draw a map or something. Or you can add me and I'll walk you through it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ajreynol

We should start an informercial for you.

"I used the Dreams-Vision Medusa strategy and saw results right away!"

1i3Yk4h.png

el oh el @ the Axe double vanguard build

Dota2WH FTW.

Was really sick of all the "eh, I don't know, I want another uncommon/rare" after we initiated the trade.

Unfortunately, the warehouse rarely has new items. And yea traders tend to fucking suck. It's never about fair trades; it's always about profit. No, I'm not giving you 8 player cards for your 1. Fuck right off. No, I'm not giving you 3 new rares for your 1 new rare. Fuck right off.

Hung_real

Unfortunately, the warehouse rarely has new items. And yea traders tend to fucking suck. It's never about fair trades; it's always about profit. No, I'm not giving you 8 player cards for your 1. Fuck right off. No, I'm not giving you 3 new rares for your 1 new rare. Fuck right off.

I keep a d2l list of good/fair trader and just browse through them for the items i need

Also gaf traders are the best .

Yep. I try to be polite as much as possible but it's downright annoying when someone acts like a dick just because they can.

Most high-tier traders I know are cool though, it's the ones that got lucky with unusuals etc, and is trying to push their luck that's the problem.

if you wanna sell a dupe, i would buy it :) then you can order another

i got my 2 polos today! Tidehunter polo and the Dota one.

So what is in the lockboxes?

i guess i could sell them for $50? and then i got 2 free polos haha

Yes, do that. The items in the boxes will just drop down in price since they'll always be available at the store.

dorkimoe

I just got a TI3 chest as a drop so I went and bought a key...

when I came back the chest expired.

I'm pretty fucking pissed they let me buy the key.

This happened to me yesterday
alright are you kidding me valve....

someone gave me 4 Ti3 chests last night(monday), and immediately after I went to buy keys but steam was offline. Then when it came back online the dota store wouldnt take my purchase.

So soon as I got home today(tuesday) I bought 4 keys only to find out the chests expired and vanished from my inventory. Great business model to sell keys to chests that disappear from your inventory.

I keep a d2l list of good/fair trader and just browse through them for the items i need

Also gaf traders are the best .

yep. speaking of which, I'll be doing a give-away in the channel tonight. got a whole page of stuff to give away, so about 50 items. :D

#YOLO with them.

this. if the level of "fuckit" is high and you're probably gonna lose, you mine as well go out with gasoline underwear.

#team5carry5dagon5

Kard8p3

Man, the two characters I really love playing seem to be the two I suck most with/are hardest to play.

Any tips for a newbie Weaver and Furion?

yep. speaking of which, I'll be doing a give-away in the channel tonight. got a whole page of stuff to give away, so about 50 items. :D

this. if the level of "fuckit" is high and you're probably gonna lose, you mine as well go out with gasoline underware.

#team5carry5dagon5

Dreams, what's your steam id? I'd love to try and win some items but I think there's no harm in putting in my tournament item into your list of stuff to give away.

Man, the two characters I really love playing seem to be the two I suck most with/are hardest to play.

Run away at signs of trouble. It's not your time to man mode shit yet.

Weaver - max sukuchi, stick & move. learn to last-hit well with the hero (i swear it's not as easy as it looks). Get your linken's up as fast as you can (he really needs the point booster stats and passive for survivability, as well as the perseverance regen for jungle farming). After that, pick a damage item (usually gonna be a deso or mkb) and rush it. Medallion is also a good early choice on him.

Furion - get out of that jungle as early and often as possible as and help with ganks and knocking down towers. As often as possible, have enough mana and treants off cooldown to turn successful ganks into successful tower pushes. Jungling for too long tends to put too much pressure on mid to pull off consistently successful ganks, and it tends to mean some carry the other team is free-farming while nobody on your team likely is. coordinate some tp --> sprout ganks with teammates, get towers, get money. try to not spam the ult because you could accidentally starve your teammates out of farm. Get a Shadow Blade up and running as your first major item for safer pushes. if you see the enemy grouping up as 4 or more and positioning like they want one of your towers, immediately go split push another lane, then tp into any fights to help if appropriate. It may never be appropriate, so in those cases just try to a trade, or to at least force the enemy team to back and defend. Sometimes halting the enemy aggression is what your team needs more than you there trying to help in a skirmish.

I tend to prefer a 1-1-3-1 build @ level 6 for a bit more authority with tower pushes and farming speed, but 1-2-2-1 is also quite good and allows you to tp around the map a little faster. just depends on what your team needs in a given match.

One last thing: carry a tp scroll. It gives you much more freedom. You can tp (W skill) to a lane to push, then use a teleport scroll to come right back and defend a base. Or to pick off a courier then escape for free.

Oh, and if you see Spirit Breaker picked, just don't pick Furion at all. Fuck that shit.

Better players can provide better insight, but that should be a decent start.

Dreams, what's your steam id? I'd love to try and win some items but I think there's no harm in putting in my tournament item into your list of stuff to give away.

and I don't really have any sort of format for winning items. I just ask people in the channel who needs items. lol. I could come up with something more interesting.

Someone do me a favour and use a dumb gimmick Axe/KOTL lane so they can transition Axe with all of his free kills into the dumb gimmick Bloodstone/Aghs/Dagon build.

harSon

Banned
How do you deal with a duo on your team that decide to #YOLO?

Just tactically utilize their over aggression. Be ready to follow up on enemy heroes when they go HAM. I never mind when allies do this since I can just adapt and turn it into team play.

Kard8p3

Weaver - max sukuchi, stick & move. learn to last-hit well with the hero (i swear it's not as easy as it looks). Get your linken's up as fast as you can (he really needs the point booster stats and passive for survivability, as well as the perseverance regen for jungle farming). After that, pick a damage item (usually gonna be a deso or mkb) and rush it. Medallion is also a good early choice on him.

Furion - get out of that jungle as early and often as possible as and help with ganks and knocking down towers. As often as possible, have enough mana and treants off cooldown to turn successful ganks into successful tower pushes. Jungling for too long tends to put too much pressure on mid to pull off consistently successful ganks, and it tends to mean some carry the other team is free-farming while nobody on your team likely is. coordinate some tp --> sprout ganks with teammates, get towers, get money. try to not spam the ult because you could accidentally starve your teammates out of farm. Get a Shadow Blade up and running as your first major item for safer pushes. if you see the enemy grouping up as 4 or more and positioning like they want one of your towers, immediately go split push another lane, then tp into any fights to help if appropriate. It may never be appropriate, so in those cases just try to a trade, or to at least force the enemy team to back and defend. Sometimes halting the enemy aggression is what your team needs more than you there trying to help in a skirmish.

I tend to prefer a 1-1-3-1 build @ level 6 for a bit more authority with tower pushes and farming speed, but 1-2-2-1 is also quite good and allows you to tp around the map a little faster. just depends on what your team needs in a given match.

One last thing: carry a tp scroll. It gives you much more freedom. You can tp (W skill) to a lane to push, then use a teleport scroll to come right back and defend a base. Or to pick off a courier then escape for free.

Oh, and if you see Spirit Breaker picked, just don't pick Furion at all. Fuck that shit.

and I don't really have any sort of format for winning items. I just ask people in the channel who needs items. lol. I could come up with something more interesting.

WHOAAA!

Thanks! I am going to carefully read all of that, lol. I am sure it will be a huge help :)

Dota2WH FTW.

Was really sick of all the "eh, I don't know, I want another uncommon/rare" after we initiated the trade.

Most of the items I wanted to get rid of that were rare they wouldn't take.. ugh. lol

Dear god....I'll do humiliating things to myself for your golden roshan.

Atlantis

So, I bought the Wicked Succubus set months ago, but only got around to trying to level it yesterday. The problem is that quite a few game replays from the tournament are now unavailable and I'm unable to get the required views to level up the set.

Is there any way for me to get my views or has my procrastination stuck me with the level 1/2 set forever?

JustinBB7

So, I bought the Wicked Succubus set months ago, but only got around to trying to level it yesterday. The problem is that quite a few game replays from the tournament are now unavailable and I'm unable to get the required views to level up the set.

Is there any way for me to get my views or has my procrastination stuck me with the level 1/2 set forever?

I had like 2/3 games not working either (like a few hours after they happened) but later they worked. Maybe restart dota and see if it works then or try again later.

shira

Dat blaze curse is stronk. Better not mess up my Pappa Dragon set

Dreams is quitting Doto? Dibs on the rosh and the alpine set ; )

Dear god....I'll do humiliating things to myself for your golden roshan.

nonsense. they're giving those things out like candy these days!

Are we expecting a patch tonight?

Someone to command the legion perhaps?

Pretty sure Valve is still hung over. at best we'll get the final compendium updates, the TI3 background changed back to the normal background, a blog update postmortem on the event, and some bug fixes for recently released items.

I'd probably not expect a new hero until early September. Sadly. I mean, I'm exhausted and I was just an attendee. How much more for them?

Dreams is quitting Doto? Dibs on the rosh and the alpine set ; )
No. Just giving away some stuffs. lol

To add to Dream's Furion tips, please for the love of god don't be the type of jungling Furion that AFK jungles. You should be constantly looking for pickoffs since you can TP anywhere. You create a man advantage in any lane. Not only does it help out your teammates, but it gets you to your midas faster. The worst Furions are the ones that just sit in jungle all laning phase and do nothing but farm.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
HEADS UP EVERYBODY

The Giantbomb Dota2 Tournament Grand Finals featuring Team GAF has FINALLY been scheduled for 3pm EST/12pm PST this Sunday. I'll probably make a thread in gaming or something to try and get those newly interested TI viewers.

Come watch us do dumb things.

The normal keys are worthless as shit to me,. I wanted to open the chest :(. I dont want to open a juggernaut chest with a regular key

You know you can probably trade 2, 3 of the items from the International chest with one treasure key right?

Also, those keys are equivalent to gold in Dota trading. Most of the items traded are judged of their worth with keys.

mkenyon

Banned
HEADS UP EVERYBODY

The Giantbomb Dota2 Tournament Grand Finals featuring Team GAF has FINALLY been scheduled for 3pm EST/12pm PST this Sunday. I'll probably make a thread in gaming or something to try and get those newly interested TI viewers.

More hype than TI3!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Because people like Shepard whined hard and screamed CANCER!!!!! Even tho he was picked up competitively maybe 1 in 15 games with 50% win. Then he ate the indirect kotl nerfs and multiple tranqs nerfs and Es buff and dust buff. Then he got a pretty moderate nerd himself so icefrog wouldn't get anymore cancer emails. Now he's picked once in a blue moon and only run successfully by alliance. Better than Lycan I guess.

Lycan is very tough to balance. His wolves either make him godly or hard to lane. Dunno how long its gonna take for him to be back in the meta. To lane well he really wants good wolves but good laning wolves would also be good jungle wolves and his jungle is ridiculous.

BeesEight

To add to Dream's Furion tips, please for the love of god don't be the type of jungling Furion that AFK jungles. You should be constantly looking for pickoffs since you can TP anywhere. You create a man advantage in any lane. Not only does it help out your teammates, but it gets you to your midas faster. The worst Furions are the ones that just sit on cliffs all laning phase and do nothing but farm.

Fixed that for you.

Please don't be a cliff farming Nature's Prophet. Every time you do it, an angel weeps.

Calidor

HEADS UP EVERYBODY

cool! best of luck guys.

BTW who are you playing against with?

Hylian7

HEADS UP EVERYBODY

God. Fucking. Dammit. Going out of down that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom