• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe, in 2, 3 years. It all depends on the quality of the tournaments in said regions.

That being said SEA's tournaments are starting to get pretty bad. Here's hoping we can still maintain a team as good as Orange & Zenith for the next few years.

Part of the issue is that significant areas of SEA are still sticking with WC3 DotA, if only because it's easier on their computers.

LOL. "He's fermenting the cheese!" Those guys are awesome.

Even at the height of Phantom Lancer's popularity he was only posting mediocre results in competitive matches.

The complaining is almost entirely in the pub scene but I agree with whoever said that it's mostly due to people hating to lose to a hard carry. You can see the exact same kind of reaction to Anti-Mage. Just wait until Medusa becomes super popular.

I wouldn't even be mad if I lost to a Medusa. You probably deserve to win if you can stand to play that boring as fuck hero for 40+ mins.

LOL. "He's fermenting the cheese!" Those guys are awesome.

I wouldn't even be mad if I lost to a Medusa. You probably deserve to win if you can stand to play that boring as fuck hero for 40+ mins.

You mean just wait until medusa becomes popular again.

repent, mothafucka.

was she ever?

People who talk shit about Medusa probably hasn't seen the bullshit late game Medusa can be.

She is an unjust God that will make you uninstall Dota as you curse the name IceFrog over and over.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
how about 45 minutes at 800gpm?

I like those games. But I also like fries, so there's that.

Real talk, if you're playing Medusa in a game lasting 90 minutes and only managing 500gpm...something has gone terribly wrong.

or every one keeps ganking you and your team can't call mia's or buy wards cuz your in low bracket. then you're told repeatedly told to uninstall dota.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wtf, PL is now considered to be a sub-par unimpressive hero? I know I haven't played in a while but when did this happen? He used to be the most complained about hero by far.

Because people like Shepard whined hard and screamed CANCER!!!!! Even tho he was picked up competitively maybe 1 in 15 games with 50% win. Then he ate the indirect kotl nerfs and multiple tranqs nerfs and Es buff and dust buff. Then he got a pretty moderate nerd himself so icefrog wouldn't get anymore cancer emails. Now he's picked once in a blue moon and only run successfully by alliance. Better than Lycan I guess.

I'm sure medusa will get a few more tweaks, it took alch a few rounds of buffs before he was noticed. I remember thinking how great he was when they gave him the 1.0 BAT but it took awhile for pros to start finding ways to work him into the scene.

I know medusa use to be popular but I wonder if husk has ever been competitive.

KingKong

the puck one is cute. you gonna open your golden boxes or sell them? seem they're still going for over $50

>_>

I watched a video of them and it seems like a crapshoot to open them. Get the Kunkka blade and make big money, but who's gonna be buying the invoker pauldrons or the death prophet crown?

Seems like they all modify animations so I imagine that's the future of higher end Dota 2 items. Does anyone have video/gif of the Nyx Dagon cosmetic in action? Apparently it adds an animation when you use the dagon

Trasher

I did your Ancient Doosuh strat last night in a game. It was against some pretty bad kids, but holy shit it worked so well. Once you get Bfly at like 20 min you are pretty much invincible to any of the other team's carries at that point. While we were raxxing them at like 30ish minutes they asked me where the hell I had been all game haha. I think I had Phase/Helm of Dom/Bfly/Yasha at like 25ish minutes, and after that you just can't stop the gold from coming in. Had a MKB and finished Manta over the next 7 minutes or so. I'm never rushing Linken's ever again.

Question though: Once I had Phase and Helm (well I guess even just phase pretty much), I could kill the ancients so fast that I didn't even need to stack anymore. At that point do you just dominate a creep to stack and go farm the jungle while doing so? There was a little bit of time in between finishing my Helm and picking up Eaglesong that I felt I wasn't doing enough as I should have been to farm more.

I watched a video of them and it seems like a crapshoot to open them. Get the Kunkka blade and make big money, but who's gonna be buying the invoker pauldrons or the death prophet crown?

Seems like they all modify animations so I imagine that's the future of higher end Dota 2 items. Does anyone have video/gif of the Nyx Dagon cosmetic in action? Apparently it adds an animation when you use the dagon

people seem to really like the shadowblade and invoker popped collars.

as far as I'm aware, none of them actually modify any animations. the shadowblade turns the tidebringer water on the blade itself purple, but that's about it. they're just regular items that either have small effects (Nyx dagon and CM staff have pulsating effects) or nothing at all (DP, Alchie, Invoker items do nothing at all).

and no, the Nyx dagon doesn't shoot the dagon beam from the tail. That's just something someone must have said to try to charge a high price.

I did your Ancient Doosuh strat last night in a game. It was against some pretty bad kids, but holy shit it worked so well. Once you get Bfly at like 20 min you are pretty much invincible to any of the other team's carries at that point. While we were raxxing them at like 30ish minutes they asked me where the hell I had been all game haha. I think I had Phase/Helm of Dom/Bfly/Yasha at like 25ish minutes, and after that you just can't stop the gold from coming in. Had a MKB and finished Manta over the next 7 minutes or so. I'm never rushing Linken's ever again.
<3 another convert! But yea, leaving Dusa to her own devices for any length of time is a bad thing, not unlike any other hard carry.

Question though: Once I had Phase and Helm (well I guess even just phase pretty much), I could kill the ancients so fast that I didn't even need to stack anymore. At that point do you just dominate a creep to stack and go farm the jungle while doing so? There was a little bit of time in between finishing my Helm and picking up Eaglesong that I felt I wasn't doing enough as I should have been to farm more.
yes. dominate a creep as soon as the dom helm is up and start stacking. go do them all again when you've done enough laps through the jungle/lanes to have finished your yasha. then just keep doing speed runs through the jungle or push lanes back. stack it 4 or 5 times, then go kill it again and you'll almost have eaglesong money.

Artanisix

dude... I want the invoker popped collar so bad, but it's going for such a ripoff price right now.

really? I think the Chaos Knight armlet lights up. Do the Invoker instances rotate differently or is the CM ult animation different? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2sCDckWiW8

I know for sure the t-shirts give different animations
it doesn't. It's supposed to I think, but it does nothing. Maybe a patch will address that.

Also, the t-shirt items don't all give different animations. The CK items do nothing special (the shield has a cute thing where the flame moves in a circle. otherwise, nothing) and the Kunkka item is just a loadout pose like BounchFX's PL set or that most recent Jugg set. Batrider set does nothing that I've seen. Pretty fuckin lame.

Now, the Puck wings and Jugg Dragon Sword do give a unique effect, so those are nice. Those are the only ones. Those and the old Drow and Axe shirt items.

Trasher

people seem to really like the shadowblade and invoker popped collars.

as far as I'm aware, none of them actually modify any animations. the shadowblade turns the tidebringer water on the blade itself purple, but that's about it. they're just regular items that either have small effects (Nyx dagon and CM staff have pulsating effects) or nothing at all (DP, Alchie, Invoker items do nothing at all).

and no, the Nyx dagon doesn't shoot the dagon beam from the tail. That's just something someone must have said to try to charge a high price.

<3 another convert! But yea, leaving Dusa to her own devices for any length of time is a bad thing, not unlike any other hard carry.

yes. dominate a creep as soon as the dom helm is up and start stacking. go do them all again when you've done enough laps through the jungle/lanes to have finished your yasha. then just keep doing speed runs through the jungle or push lanes back. stack it 4 or 5 times, then go kill it again and you'll almost have eaglesong money.

Oh okay. So you build Yasha before Bfly? That makes sense. I messed up the build order then.

Forkball

How am I supposed to use Ghost Scepter? It seems extremely situational and you're gambling regarding whether or not they can nuke you down.

Also CSGO now has cosmetics RIP Dota come back when Sniper gets an A4

Oh okay. So you build Yasha before Bfly? That makes sense. I messed up the build order then.

yessir. It allows her to farm faster and team fight sooner. but hell, if your team is creating enough space to rush a bfly fast, mine as well do so. I've not tried that before, but it must work. You just did it! :D

How am I supposed to use Ghost Scepter? It seems extremely situational and you're gambling regarding whether or not they can nuke you down.

when it's more likely you'll die from right-clicks than from nukes. see: Drow/Ursa/AM/OD/PL_______ (insert farmed right-clicking hero) right-clicking your face. It buys you time to tp away, blink away, juke away, etc. Of course, don't use it when lion/Lina/Sandking/etc is standing next to you unless you know his nukes are on CD.

Trasher

yessir. It allows her to farm faster and team fight sooner. but hell, if your team is creating enough space to rush a bfly fast, mine as well do so. I've not tried that before, but it must work. You just did it! :D

lol the other team was quite bad. If they were somewhat decent they would have realized a Meedoosuh was MIA, and would have warded/checked the ancients for a gank or two. But they had a really wonky lane setup that gave me all the space in the world (Axe jungle, Alchemist top I think(?), a CM mid(lol), and two bot). I messed up one stack early on, but other than that I got every ancient spawn for like the first ten minutes until I started moving around.

Also, any tips for doing this on the Dire side? I messed around in a bot game and ended up finding out that I needed to cut down a shit ton more trees in order to get vision for the splitshot farming.

lol the other team was quite bad. If they were somewhat decent they would have realized a Meedoosuh was MIA, and would have warded/checked the ancients for a gank or two. But they had a really wonky lane setup that gave me all the space in the world (Axe jungle, Alchemist top I think(?), a CM mid(lol), and two bot). I messed up one stack early on, but other than that I got every ancient spawn for like the first ten minutes until I started moving around.

Also, any tips for doing this on the Dire side? I messed around in a bot game and ended up finding out that I needed to cut down a shit ton more trees in order to get vision for the splitshot farming.

without wards, you need to cut down...I think 6 trees in total. with wards, like 4. roughly the same number as on the radiant side. I'll draw a map or something. Or you can add me and I'll walk you through it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ajreynol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom