• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Sinbad was a sailor and he was from the middle east. What, someone from the middle east can't be a sailor? Take your hate elsewhere.

So word is from a contributor I know, Valve has sets they think they shipped but really didn't, and they're working on fixing that, so items will only be marked accepted if they're actually in-game.

Errr...

That would explain the half dozen accepted sets that aren't really in game. Just kind of weird they'd assume they shipped something that they didn't.

In case anyone was curious:
Dragon Scale HUD: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=152457873&searchtext=dragon
Ainidul the Eternal: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148884143&searchtext=
Regalia of the Bonelord: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=152047147
Skywrath Nightwatcher: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=150601997
Armor of Shadows: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=111487571

Also this set is apparently confirmed to be one of the next shipping: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=111311018

Is going 4-1-10 with a supporting Windrunner decent when my team had 35 kills the entire game? I'm happy with only dying once (I die the least amount of times in most matches I play), but I feel like I should be involved in more ganks and teamfights. A lot of times I notice I forgot to get a TP and can't get to a teamfight or defend a tower on time. Need to work on that I guess.

Also in the last game at one point I had a force staff, Vyse, and phase boots, and I used them all a combined total of like 5 times. I use my skills at the times I need to, but with items I completely forget about them and don't use them to their fullest. Is playing more games going to solve this?

KingKong

that Skywrath and Nyx sets look really nice

e: I'm pretty bad at using active items during fights too hehe, but I'm mashing that phase boot button 24/7, gotta go fast

shira

7249181E31802E9653152CFA478CF922E675A7D2

Also,
Total shame the mythical TA didn't cover the neck/torso area

Also this set is apparently confirmed to be one of the next shipping: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=111311018
Wowbadass, yippee
isn't the desert the last place Kunkka would be? I mean, the set looks fantastic on Kunkka, but the theme is a little weird.
view.php
Bad kunkka
I also really dig this loading screen concept that's floating around the workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169216346&searchtext=
Good kunkka

Maybe I missed this but Anuxi's new Drow set looks ******* amazing;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157343906

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░
░▒▒█░░▒▒▒▒██░░▒▒▒░
▒▒████▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒░ Must ADD Valve ▒▒▒
░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░
░░▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░
░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
░░░░░Cuz it's ░░░░░░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀░░

░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░ Valve Add This░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░████████

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So word is from a contributor I know, Valve has sets they think they shipped but really didn't, and they're working on fixing that, so items will only be marked accepted if they're actually in-game.

Errr...

That would explain the half dozen accepted sets that aren't really in game. Just kind of weird they'd assume they shipped something that they didn't.

In case anyone was curious:
Dragon Scale HUD: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=152457873&searchtext=dragon
Ainidul the Eternal: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148884143&searchtext=
Regalia of the Bonelord: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=152047147
Skywrath Nightwatcher: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=150601997
Armor of Shadows: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=111487571

Hope Valve remembers to retroactivally give the Dragon Skin Hud to people who bought Quirt's Summer Bundle, since its featured in the promotional image and all.

Is going 4-1-10 with a supporting Windrunner decent when my team had 35 kills the entire game? I'm happy with only dying once (I die the least amount of times in most matches I play), but I feel like I should be involved in more ganks and teamfights. A lot of times I notice I forgot to get a TP and can't get to a teamfight or defend a tower on time. Need to work on that I guess.

Also in the last game at one point I had a force staff, Vyse, and phase boots, and I used them all a combined total of like 5 times. I use my skills at the times I need to, but with items I completely forget about them and don't use them to their fullest. Is playing more games going to solve this?

Yea windrunner is a tough one for me, probably my lowest winrate (i'm at like 500 games by now and never do well with her).

Don't stress about your involvement in kills too much with her.....shes very adaptable to a number of situations, so if your team needs an offlane or whatever she can sit there and defend the tower just fine while everyone else ganks around or whatever. Its always good to keep a TP around though, and try to get to fights if they break out near towers/etc.

Btw I always put my most spammable item on spacebar (like phase for instance) since its really easy to bang on it.

If you're able to farm up sheepstick, you should try to use that as often as possible. Windrunner's spells have an...okay cooldown I guess, but in a teamfight she is really trying to position for an awesome shackelshot.

My problem is that I always blow the shackleshot and then try to just lay down damage on whatever seems like a good target :\

I forgot how stupidly hard and exhausting Team Matchmaking is. It's like that 1000 hours you learn at solo / party queue Matchmaking is just a easy mode tutorial when you enter TMM.

Definitely the best way to play Dota 2 though, although it makes me wonder how the hell Pros do it day in and day out.

I forgot how stupidly hard and exhausting Team Matchmaking is. It's like that 1000 hours you learn at solo / party queue Matchmaking is just a easy mode tutorial when you enter TMM.

Definitely the best way to play Dota 2 though, although it makes me wonder how the hell Pros do it day in and day out.

I only really play consistently with 2 people, almost every day, and I think I work really well with one of them. I think it would be a blast to have 5 people all the time who you get to know really well (game wise, like how aggressive you want to be when and whatnot) and play with them.

F!ReW!Re

I only really play consistently with 2 people, almost every day, and I think I work really well with one of them. I think it would be a blast to have 5 people all the time who you get to know really well (game wise, like how aggressive you want to be when and whatnot) and play with them.

Hear hear, would love to be part of a coordinated 5 man team.
Trying your hands at some crazy line ups/strats also sounds interesting :)

It really is. Our team isn't that great, but we managed to pull off a few wins via comebacks because we don't really believe in giving up halfway through a match. It's great having people you trust to Dota with.

It's also why a lot of players tend to change their mind over conceding in Dota. Comebacks are probably the best thing about game. We know that there are some unwinnable games but they're a few and between compared to the games that you can still win if you just try.

Artanisix

Alright, I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either a Dragon Forged Set for OD or Tahlin Occult Set for Riki! The contest will go on for a day starting from now!

SHIIIEEET, guess I'm skipping work today.

Hope Valve remembers to retroactivally give the Dragon Skin Hud to people who bought Quirt's Summer Bundle, since its featured in the promotional image and all.

That's going to get super awkward with payments.

They also need to add the Elder Shield and Dragon Blood Ravager to the store. Valve is literally stealing a model, the Elder Shield dude doesn't even have a self made.

ElyrionX

I just played Sniper in a game. Jesus christ, he used to be one of my favourite heroes in the old days but he's just absolutely useless in Dota 2. Did they nerf him or something? I don't remember his attack speed and damage being so low in the past.

Shengar

Played with a Troll on my team last game and he crushed the enemy pretty easily. Why don't I see Troll in more pub games? When he first came out he was seemingly in every game, but now I rarely see him. Is the allure of PL leaving him in the dust? I know they nerfed his ult but that thing is still wildly useful and melts towers.

Also,
Lack of pressence in competitive gaming? Or maybe he just simply doesn't have enough appeal for carry player.

I just played Sniper in a game. Jesus christ, he used to be one of my favourite heroes in the old days but he's just absolutely useless in Dota 2. Did they nerf him or something? I don't remember his attack speed and damage being so low in the past.

Nah I think people, especially ganker hero player just realized how squishy he is and how he actually an instant cash in for them. Slow mov and the lack of escape mechanism while there are no disable makes Sniper really subpar hero.

A new post for a new page!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either a Dragon Forged Set for OD or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on for a day starting from now!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm not the only one lately that notices an overabundance of split pushing in pub matches after TI3 right?

I guess there is an uptick on it, but after playing it for 2 years it is nothing new. I just glad its only Natures Prophets and the good Tinker players are still in hiding.

I'm not the only one lately that notices an overabundance of split pushing in pub matches after TI3 right?

Maybe pushing is just gonna be the next hot meta.

It'll be a nice transition with pugna coming in to counter the recent od shit, and also Troll Warlord going into captain's mode eventually. Also lesh can come back.

Pushing is fun.

i just got my dota shirt in the mail, and went to go sell the box on the marketplace.
why are people paying 50-60 bucks for these luckboxes?

People are silly.

Kreunt

Banned

Have definitely been seeing more NP's. They've all been pretty bad though.

Had one on my team, spent the whole game farming jungle and telling everyone else to push towers.
He ended up 2-9 with 300gpm.
we didn't win

dorkimoe

Anyone buying the Polo's from valve, i would buy 1 size bigger than normal. I bought a large because i wear a large, but its rather small on me :(

ElyrionX

5-game losing streak today.

Game 1 - Two idiots fed another Necrolyte to beyond godlike in 10 mins. One of them was a Troll Warlord who ended up 1-18 and was effectively the worst player I have ever seen. Lost a rax at 15 mins. Dicked around the fountain until the game ended at 25 min. Opposing Necro was 21-3 and Drow was 16-4. I was PA, 2-4.

Game 2 - THREE idiots fed the opposing team non-stop. Their K/D were 4-16, 1-11, 4-14 as Razor, Weaver and Sniper. I mean, how does a Weaver even die 11 goddamn times in a game? I went 4-6 as PA.

Game 3- This time, I had a decent team. Or so I thought. Start was promising with a CM doing the supporting shit like buying wards and courier. And then the game went on. We gave up a lot of ground and died a lot at first but we pulled back. CM kept stealing kills from myself and Tiny but whatever, we were doing good. I was PA and was carrying the team well in the mid to late game. We got their middle rax.

I got overconfident and died while trying to take their top T3. But my team wasn't supporting at all. Our Huskar was running back to base with FULL HEALTH just to pick up his BKB even though we had a goddamn flying courier. They pushed back and their PL split push and they got two of our rax.

We countered-pushed. CM said all mid. I didn't realize we only had three. Slarder was fighting ancients and Tiny was doing some shit in base. We went in. Huskar got snagged by Pudge. The fight was on. I jumped in to save his ass. He runs away with 3/4 health and went to attack some useless building (not a rax or tower) just a short distance away while myself and CM got raped by 5 heroes. Two of us died and he died shortly after. Tiny walks into the fight late and dies too while our Slardar was still fighting the goddamn ancients. WTF. I ended up the game 18-7.

Game 4 and 5 - First three games above were me solo. This time I had a full team of 5 but all of them were noobs who literally started playing Dota just a few weeks ago. One of them is a close friend who I've been playing with since he started recently. Needless to say, we got owned both games. Second game was especially bad and all 4 of them were feeding while I gradually came to the conclusion that the Sniper I was using was utterly useless (still ended up with a positive K/D of 8-7 though).

Getting really frustrating.

ElyrionX

Question, does BKB prevent bash effects from Skull Basher, SB (both the charge and the passive) and FV? I know Abyssal Blade's active goes through BKB but what about the other three above?

5-game losing streak today.

Game 1 - Two idiots fed another Necrolyte to beyond godlike in 10 mins. One of them was a Troll Warlord who ended up 1-18 and was effectively the worst player I have ever seen. Lost a rax at 15 mins. Dicked around the fountain until the game ended at 25 min. Opposing Necro was 21-3 and Drow was 16-4. I was PA, 2-4.

Game 2 - THREE idiots fed the opposing team non-stop. Their K/D were 4-16, 1-11, 4-14 as Razor, Weaver and Sniper. I mean, how does a Weaver even die 11 goddamn times in a game? I went 4-6 as PA.

Game 3- This time, I had a decent team. Or so I thought. Start was promising with a CM doing the supporting shit like buying wards and courier. And then the game went on. We gave up a lot of ground and died a lot at first but we pulled back. CM kept stealing kills from myself and Tiny but whatever, we were doing good. I was PA and was carrying the team well in the mid to late game. We got their middle rax.

I got overconfident and died while trying to take their top T3. But my team wasn't supporting at all. Our Huskar was running back to base with FULL HEALTH just to pick up his BKB even though we had a goddamn flying courier. They pushed back and their PL split push and they got two of our rax.

We countered-pushed. CM said all mid. I didn't realize we only had three. Slarder was fighting ancients and Tiny was doing some shit in base. We went in. Huskar got snagged by Pudge. The fight was on. I jumped in to save his ass. He runs away with 3/4 health and went to attack some useless building (not a rax or tower) just a short distance away while myself and CM got raped by 5 heroes. Two of us died and he died shortly after. Tiny walks into the fight late and dies too while our Slardar was still fighting the goddamn ancients. WTF. I ended up the game 18-7.

Game 4 and 5 - First three games above were me solo. This time I had a full team of 5 but all of them were noobs who literally started playing Dota just a few weeks ago. One of them is a close friend who I've been playing with since he started recently. Needless to say, we got owned both games. Second game was especially bad and all 4 of them were feeding while I gradually came to the conclusion that the Sniper I was using was utterly useless (still ended up with a positive K/D of 8-7 though).

Getting really frustrating.

why are you choosing PA when there are 3 other carries on your team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom