• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the best way to avoid losing streaks is to limit the amount of games you play in one sitting. You might not think it but losing coupled with playing a ton of games all in one sitting wears your mental focus down, which just further makes you susceptible to bad play. If you drop 3 in a row, go take a break and clear your head. That way you don't turn your 3 game losing streaks into 5,7,9,11+....

Question, does BKB prevent bash effects from Skull Basher, SB (both the charge and the passive) and FV? I know Abyssal Blade's active goes through BKB but what about the other three above?

Skull basher is phsyical so no it is not blocked.

If you're talking about Faceless Void's bash, the stun goes through, but not the extra damage.

The SB's Charge's main stun is blocked, but the passive is not. Remember that charge also puts a bash on it now. So if you want to say Charge goes through bkb you wouldn't be incorrect.

ElyrionX

why are you choosing PA when there are 3 other carries on your team

Because playing hard support or initiator in pubs really suck and I have always been most effective as a carry where I can help determine the outcome of a game to a greater extent. Besides, virtually all of my solo games involves me ending up in a team of at least 3 to 4 carries. Lol. I thought this is normal for pubs? I am only Level 5 though.

EDIT: Oh, and also because I was absolutely intent on playing PA today and getting it right.

Skull basher is phsyical so no it is not blocked.

If you're talking about Faceless Void's bash, the stun goes through, but not the extra damage.

The SB's Charge's main stun is blocked, but the passive is not. Remember that charge also puts a bash on it now. So if you want to say Charge goes through bkb you wouldn't be incorrect.

Good stuff. Thanks.

ElyrionX

I find the best way to avoid losing streaks is to limit the amount of games you play in one sitting. You might not think it but losing coupled with playing a ton of games all in one sitting wears your mental focus down, which just further makes you susceptible to bad play. If you drop 3 in a row, go take a break and clear your head. That way you don't turn your 3 game losing streaks into 5,7,9,11+....

Good advice and I do agree. I was hardly concentrating during the fourth game and by the fifth game, I was toast.

Because playing hard support or initiator in pubs really suck and I have always been most effective as a carry where I can help determine the outcome of a game to a greater extent. Besides, virtually all of my solo games involves me ending up in a team of at least 3 to 4 carries. Lol. I thought this is normal for pubs? I am only Level 5 though.

EDIT: Oh, and also because I was absolutely intent on playing PA today and getting it right.

Well you reap what you sow I guess.

KingKong

when Im on a losing streak I pick Jakiro and seem to win pretty much every time. and leading and landing nice ice paths feels great so its not even boring!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

I'd say a carry in a pub is the person who influences the game the least. Mid, initiators, and supports are those who influence the outcome

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Fair enough. But seriously, picking a Treant or Furion would not have changed the outcome of that game at all.

Also, I am dead serious when I say I see on average at least 5-7 carries in each game I play. Is this supposed to be unusual?

Yes, it's usual, but that doesn't make it the right way.

Picking a support or other role and playing it well has much more potential to improve your team's chances. There are already too many carries (as you noted).

BraXzy

I'm so far from a 50/50 ratio I sometimes forget what winning feels like. It doesn't help that I always party up with a buddy who has twice the play time, so I have always been up against better people.

Fair enough. But seriously, picking a Treant or Furion would not have changed the outcome of that game at all.

Also, I am dead serious when I say I see on average at least 5-7 carries in each game I play. Is this supposed to be unusual?

LOL a few games ago I played support WR for 4 carries, we somehow won the game. This is pretty much the reason why I mostly pick support heroes, there's always at least 3 carries on the team.

I'm 20+ games under .500....down from like 40 games under .500 maybe 3 months ago..The last time I was above .500 was about a year ago at this point. I got to 5 games over .500 and then proceeded to lose like 8 straight and then spent a month of win 1 lose 2/3+...Honestly though, for the most part winrate isn't a great stat to track (it's more of a OCD milestone for me)...I get matched with people with .500 winrates all the time and I scratch my head wondering how some of these people manage to stay above .500 with their play and why can't I be that guy?

There are a few stats I'm interested in logging but am too lazy to do so chiefly, my CS at 10 min (involve watching all my replays. I just don't have the time to do it).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

No, it's normal. Everyone wants to carry.

Phandy

If I don't play a game of dota tomorrow lunch time, I'll draw a picture of Waifurunner. (or not if I'm lazy)

Gonna be so kawaii I can't lose. GG fellas.

That match last night reminded me of how awesome Tidehunter is. Dat slow, dat damage reduction, and of course, dat Ravage. I got some huge ults off in teamfights; I was poor as fuck but it's ok he doesn't need a Blink Dagger because Ravage is so goddamn massive. We were able to win several teamfights that we had no business winning because Ravage + Shackleshot + Sheepstick made a very fed Anti-Mage cry.

5 carry lineups work in the lower bracket because there's a lack of proper aggression by the opposing team to punish it. Usually what happens is the opposing team will just hunt for the easiest kill for most of the game and not push for map control (pushing down towers/establishing map dominance in their jungle). While they're ganking two or three of the five carries repeatedly, the remaining carry or carries (typically someone who has an escape or is a stealth hero since the obvious answer to counter invis is more damage items) that have been fortunate enough to escape the attention of this gank squad end up getting farmed up. This individual or individuals then come out later on with full items and proceed to wreck the other team. This is typically what really happens when you read about people lamenting on how they dominated most of the game but lost it at the end b/c x hero is op or their teammates threw the game.

Exodist

Speaking of losing streaks I just came off a 6 loss streak. My friend played Axe in 5 of those games. Finally told him to get off that shit and we won.

Guesong

Valve doesn't want to me play support.

I was rolling so well, just trying to get my 90th win as a support as I usually do...well, can't get it for the life of me. Treant, Dazzle, Rubick, you name it, they upgraded me into a bracket where I get mongoloids teammates with stupid picks, so while I could be of great help before, now it's...well kind of useless.

I don't want to play Prophet or a power hero, I just want to relax as a support >_>

I was rolling so well, just trying to get my 90th win as a support as I usually do...well, can't get it for the life of me. Treant, Dazzle, Rubick, you name it, they upgraded me into a bracket where I get mongoloids teammates with stupid picks, so while I could be of great help before, now it's...well kind of useless.

I don't want to play Prophet or a power hero, I just want to relax as a support >_>

CM is pretty hot right now. Try that.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Can someone explain to me how Jakiro + Lifestealer lose to a solo Crystal Maiden?

I want to see this match lol

Abaddon is fun as a support. He is really hard to kill as well.

Radec

These wallpapers are nice..

uAsuLOxh.jpg

If you want to try something kind of wild, play a hero people will get annoyed at as a support, like Spirit Breaker, Nyx, Abaddon and Enigma. Even though these heroes all play much better as support (maybe not SB heh), people seem to hate when Nyx buys wards. At least in my experience. I've made some folks pretty angry when they read "Nyx has purchases Mekanism." This makes it worth it. It might not be relaxing, but I find those heroes to be really nice alternatives to traditional supports like Treant and Dazzle.

If you want the ultimate chill out support, try Keeper. No pressure to stay alive since everyone knows you'll die at a gentle breeze. Top off mana for everyone and be a star and popular. Brainlessly get more gold than any real support should ever have via nuking jungle camps or creep waves (if your carry is away). Never use recall because who needs that nonsense. Spam blinding light into team fights to push enemies away from your right clickers and then say "oops sorry, have mana and a mek burst, lol" and they laugh it off. And pretend to be Bloodseeker and laugh while you drain mana from people who probably have more mana than they know what to do with because you level mana drain mid game when mana isn't as important.

Shinypogs

Guys is clockwerk, warlock and windrunner an ok combination? I've sucked my two friends into the game recently and that happens to be the three heroes we prefer playing while we practice vs the ai. Assuming our combination is bad which hero should be swapped for clockwerk?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys is clockwerk, warlock and windrunner an ok combination? I've sucked my two friends into the game recently and that happens to be the three heroes we prefer playing while we practice vs the ai. Assuming our combination is bad which hero should be swapped for clockwerk?

Pretty good line up, but you are requiring the random person on your team to be the core, but those three characters are strong and can fit most lane set ups. All 3 can mid, Wind Runner and Clockwerk can solo, and Warlock and Wind Runner can hard support. The biggest weakness is their stuns are ether high cooldown ultimates or unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom