• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
pretty sure it was banned every game
I seem to remember at least a couple games where Weaver was in the pool and they first picked LS instead.

I know LS is his favorite hero, but he was pretty damn amazing on that Weaver.

Vamphuntr

Had not played in a month. Play tonight and lose all of my matches. First one I was a bit rusty and quite bad but the next two we lost because we had teammates who either DC or couldn't speak English :/

I opened the box from what I believe is the immortal compendium item and got a hook for Pudge. Can you get anything else from that box?

Why is tinkbot more valued than the Alphid courier? They are both mythicals.
And personally, I think the alphid courier is better.
Tinkbot has higher value than Itsy atm. -_-

Deadly

Anyone using the blue international loading screen instead? I have -international2012 in the launch options but it doesn't work

Kreunt

Banned
you honestly should have gotten bkb

I dunno man, I don't really see how a BKB would've helped me, they had barely any disable, especially considering we had a Silencer. It was the sustained damage from Gyro + LS that was causing issues at the end.
I probably should've built an AC.

your focus on KDA is a bit sad

I was making the point that a lack of BKB wasn't stopping me from killing things.

shira

I dunno man, I don't really see how a BKB would've helped me, they had barely any disable, especially considering we had a Silencer. It was the sustained damage from Gyro + LS that was causing issues at the end.
I probably should've built an AC.

I was making the point that a lack of BKB wasn't stopping me from killing things.
Agree that mjolnir bad choice

Haunted

After losing four matches in a row last night, I can confirm that drunk dota is not best dota.

Giantbomb Dota 2 tournament finals featuring GAF tonight? Who's going to be streaming/casting?

yOjYrJ9.png

http://dotabuff.com/matches/278354261
go 32-12 on a losing team.
get abused by 6-10 viper for not having a BKB.
viper also doesn't have a BKB.
Yea sorry but you really needed a BKB. They were mostly magic damage (ls probably came online late) and your MoM only amplified their ability to kill you late. It would have been the right call. But you really carried your own share and then some. Can't ask one man to record 40 kills in order to win. If that's necessary, the other 4 don't deserve to win.

Also, no Pipe is the biggest of problems. Scepter refresher Zeus wins every team fight with no pipe in the team.

Boken

Banned
Yea sorry but you really needed a BKB. They were mostly magic damage (ls probably came online late) and your MoM only amplified their ability to kill you late. It would have been the right call. But you really carried your own share and then some. Can't ask one man to record 40 kills in order to win. If that's necessary, the other 4 don't deserve to win.

Also, no Pipe is the biggest of problems. Scepter refresher Zeus wins every team fight with no pipe in the team.

by taking all those kills, he was just taking gold from his team

so if he screws up his build and the team loses, its really on his shoulders
----------

zenith, 3rd place from ti1 getting crushed in LOL SEA regionals
maybe they should just play dawngate

----------

zenith, 3rd place from ti1 getting crushed in LOL SEA regionals
maybe they should just play dawngate

....it can't be iceiceice's team playing right?

Giving LoL a chance at Twitch.

EDIT: Holy it's hyhy :0

A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

t1376870400z0.png

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Played for the first time yesterday after a 3 month lack of playing DOTA. I think Eul's on Axe is pretty underrated - it gives him everything he needs. You can use it to initiate on solo heroes (Eul's, then walk up to them), survive after initiating (cyclone self), and it gives him two things he desperately needs (movespeed and mana / mana regen).

zulfate

i had 2 great comebacks last night, one of them the enemy kept saying "let us end it already, its over" yet we pulled through and won lol. really good feeling when you win in noob dota

dorkimoe

the amount of games that have been abandoned in the first minute due to someone being afk not picking or raging because of picks is too damn high

dorkimoe

oh hey ANOTHER abandon before the 3 minute mark

my last 6 games have been like that. Isnt the point of these servers in russia and asia for people who live there to queue there...jeeeze

ElyrionX

You can't say that without knowing the context of his kills, especially since SB doesn't really have abilities to ks with.

I also disagree that he needed a BKB. A Heart would have probably been more useful.

So, what are some good streams?

YMMV due to tastes but some my favs that regularly stream are

Merlini - Just all around good play with commentary
Beyond the summit - Streams Competitive
JoinDota - Streams Competitive
Wagamama - good play, fun to watch cause he goofy
SingSing - its singsing.....nuff said
Weppas - good Captains mode play usually
Weedman not the greatest player but SOMETIMES he can be funny as fuk
Sneyking good play
Dendi
ixmike