• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggzy

This game... So hard yet so fun. I've played 5 games online so far with a 4-1 record. I give the credit to a couple friends I play with since they started playing a little bit ago. I've sucked in every game I've played except the last one. I was crystal maiden and ended up 4-1-18.

BraXzy

Just keep hitting F1 (default) to lock on your character as you are getting close to respawning.

I have F1 on one of my two side buttons on the mouse I have. Makes jumping to your character really easy and quick. I also have deny on the other one. Not sure why really.

I decided this windrunner competition was a good enough reason to try and do some drawing on the computer, I haven't drawn in forever and I need to get back into it.

I realised why I gave up on it in the first place, I suck :D

Cj70

Just had a crazy match that I thought we had lost for sure from about 5 minutes in.

The enemy had Anti mage, huskar and lifestealer while we only had ursa, clinkz and sven to carry. It seemed like we were getting wrecked throughout, though the kills remained even. Eventually we lost 2 sets of racks but when they tried to take our 2 mid towers we managed to pick them off. We sent ursa to push out the top lane then met up with him halfway. They decided to do rosh while we were doing this, we killed the tier 2, tier 3 and went straight on the tier 4s. We killed their throne with 1/4 left on ours.

We did terrible all game but it was a hilarious end and I'm glad we didn't give up as some of our group were encouraging us to do.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/278964071

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just had a crazy match that I thought we had lost for sure from about 5 minutes in.

The enemy had Anti mage, huskar and lifestealer while we only had ursa, clinkz and sven to carry. It seemed like we were getting wrecked throughout, though the kills remained even. Eventually we lost 2 sets of racks but when they tried to take our 2 mid towers we managed to pick them off. We sent ursa to push out the top lane then met up with him halfway. They decided to do rosh while we were doing this, we killed the tier 2, tier 3 and went straight on the tier 4s. We killed their throne with 1/4 left on ours.

We did terrible all game but it was a hilarious end and I'm glad we didn't give up as some of our group were encouraging us to do.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/278964071
Hah, yeah, had that happen yesterday, they had two rax down as well as our T4s and a Nature's Prophet on the enemy team and we wiped them in one final fight, pushed up mid, took the T3s, the rax, the T4s and the Ancient before they could respond. Prophet tried to backdoor us while we were battering it down but he wasn't fast enough

Sekai

Holy hell I knew lgd.int was a failed experiment, but wow G doesn't look like he had a good time at all

M : You were eliminated from the tournament, placing in 12th to 9th place. Tell us, are you going back to China?
G: 100% not

the fact that YaphetS still has more money than average Dota2 players is quite hurt :( seems like ACE and especially PW need to do too much work from now.

A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

kinda LTTP but oh well

http://imgur.com/fDQYghg

lmpaler

Ugh. Pubs can be so annoying. Is there a GAF group I can join? Even if it isn't hardcore competitive, having a few people or a team with communication would be so much better.

I don't have a mic yet because I play on my TV, but I can hear you. I'm working on a solution for a mic that isn't super pricey or save up and get a great set of cans in a couple months once school is underway

Kard8p3

Ugh. Pubs can be so annoying. Is there a GAF group I can join? Even if it isn't hardcore competitive, having a few people or a team with communication would be so much better.

I don't have a mic yet because I play on my TV, but I can hear you. I'm working on a solution for a mic that isn't super pricey or save up and get a great set of cans in a couple months once school is underway

Microsoft lifechat is a pretty cheap set, and I'm happy with them.

Red UFO

I love stomping as Pudge. Nothing more satisfying. My friend plays Omniknight. I hook them in, he fires off that healing thing that also damages close enemies and it's over in under 5 seconds. It's great.

Shinypogs

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

t1376870400z0.png

entry

some colour/ outfit details got messed up but this was fun.

I'm still pretty new, I play the Limited Heroes list. I know what I'm doing, but only know a handful of heroes. If anyone wants to play with me shoot me a PM.

BeesEight

This game 2 of the Giant Bomb tournament is just so entertaining. I love Gaf's unusual drafts.

t1376870400z0.png

Here, have an arrow.

Ultimatum

Banned
how long is left in the competition? timer says 90 mins but it also says 12am gmt which is in half an hour

I'm trying to figure out how to draw ._.

geetec

Neo Member

t1376870400z0.png

Might be a tad bit late on uploading, can I has a extra 5 mins? :D

Just lost a 5x3 match against a team with a well farmed Phantom Lancer. So thats why hes called cancer lancer? The guy is impossible to win late game, each illusion is like a hero it can hit hard and has tons of health. Any way to see the real PL?

F!ReW!Re

Just lost a 5x3 match against a team with a well farmed Phantom Lancer. So thats why hes called cancer lancer? The guy is impossible to win late game, each illusion is like a hero it can hit hard and has tons of health. Any way to see the real PL?

Dust / sentry wards help when he's going invis.

geetec

Neo Member

t1376870400z0.png

Sorry, only realised there was a competition only 30 mins before it was just about to end.. So here's a quick sketch I guess. GL to everyone else!

Also sorry about the lateness, had some issues uploading the img.

tpRVAps

EDIT: Flutter said it ends at 12AM GMT right? Why does it have another 40mins on the countdown..? Should I continue working on the sketch?

Ty. Didnt know the gem would help, thought it was just for invisible enemies haha!

nothing will make the real pl stand out. gem won't. it will let you see the real one once he goes invs. you can tell the real one from the rest that way, or casting aoe nukes and seeing which one takes less damage or by noticing a different movement pattern in one and assuming that's the hero the player is paying special attention to

BraXzy

I think it's daylight saving or something (I should know I live in the UK) which is why there is an extra hour on the 12am GMT. Just remembered I'd started a drawing for this, got distracted with a movie, I will finish it and post ASAP!

geetec

Neo Member
I think it's daylight saving or something (I should know I live in the UK) which is why there is an extra hour on the 12am GMT. Just remembered I'd started a drawing for this, got distracted with a movie, I will finish it and post ASAP!

Yeah, you're right. Didn't think of that.. derp.

geetec

Neo Member

Well here's the finished product. Again, gl guys!

Rk2BuvKl.jpg

Hope you like the manga-esque spin on Windrunner! :p

Ultimatum

Banned
I'm trying to take a picture of mine but the quality is too bad >_> sigh

braxzy basically has the same idea as mine anyway except his is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom