• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloled

Banned
F1 centers the camera on your hero?

That is useful information. I always clicked on my portrait when I lost sight of the character due to misclicks or other moves and by then it's usually too late. >_>

f1 always selects your hero in warcraft 3, it carried on to dota.

if you are bear and you press f2, you will choose your bear

if you are meepo you can press f2, f3, f4 and select your clones respectively.

F!ReW!Re

Or you know... just input the attack command ('A' by default) and left click to move (which will attack the area you clicked or attack the path to the area you clicked).

I do that all the time actually, just had to think of something other than animation cancelling where it's useful.

Haunted

Randomed Meepo for the first time today and just went with it. Exhausting and exhilarating.

The old SC2 adage "attention is the third resource" really holds true, once the need for some more intense micro starts, I basically lost all my map sense and awareness and got just tunnel vision for my meepos. I know it was a stomp, the opponents weren't good and our OD really crushed mid and carried the game - but I'm still pretty proud of some of my better microed moments in the game, scoring a double kill solo in the top lane and an ultra kill in front of their base towards the end (though the lvl advantage was pretty ridiculous at that point).

I can see how a Meepo of my level could be countered pretty easily (had to change my hotkeys halfway through the game to account for Meepo needs), but man, that game felt really good. Breaking my XPM record in the first game with a hero is pretty crazy. Also certainly the highest APM I've ever had playing Dota 2. :lol

I moved it to spacebar. League ingrained it in me.

Yeah mine's also spacebar. Though I never played LoL. I use it so much I couldn't imagine having to reach to F1 constantly.

Speaking of which, I added to my autoexec/settings:

My F1-F4 keys are courier binds — F1 selects, F2 delivers items, F3 uses speed boost, and F4 is bound to chatwheel_say 44, which says "Re-use courier."

F5 and F6 check the rune spots, F7 checks the last event, and F8 toggles the net graph.

Mouse4 selects all units, Mouse5 selects all other units, and ZXCVB are my control group buttons.

1-6 are my item keys, G is stop (easier to press than S), and T is voice chat.

I think that's it. I don't want to change too much, because I already have to adjust as is.

Boken

Banned
Holding stop should act like pressing hold temporarily. Srsly, how does that not make sense. Modernise more of your input volvo

TommyT

is the dota2 engine too primitive to understand holding the stop button or something?

Ask Valve.

so why doesnt holding stop mean anything?

Because that's what Hold is for.

In all seriousness, these are the commands that were in Warcraft. Stop and Hold meant (mean?) two different things to that game and thus this game. If you want to know how they work specifically, I'm sure that's in a wiki or something.

why do you need hold if you could hold the stop button?

Because they perform separate functions. Hold isn't just a persistent Stop.

edit 3: If you have auto attack on, stop will stop your current action then issue an 'attack and move to nearest visible enemy that's just outside your attack range' type command. If you have auto attack on, Hold will issue an 'attack something that's in range but don't move' command.

geetec

Neo Member
What do you guys think of MoM on OD? This dude was on Godlike for the most of the game just because of his MoM and Arcane Orb combo.

This is the first time I saw this, and it complete obliterated everyone on our team around mid-game. Yet, I still don't agree with his skill build, but here judge for yourself.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/279410428

Sibylus

Banned
Apropos to nothing

0DEE7A7733CE9FFCAF57EEC099514749C2FE6CC9

learn to bash bash bash bash bash bash.

Any of you guys getting divekick?

Problem with od is even if you get BKB he'll astral whoever you're beating on, and it is likely he'll have forcestaff anyway. Timber can chain away, his reactive shield builds up quick and he has a lot of burst.

The change to whirling axes also stops troll from auto attacking for a good second, buff troll plz icefraud.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
i think enigma might be one of my favorite heroes. easy to find farm wtih, easy to gank with, and can help team come back easiily

Kreunt

Banned
How do you lane against ranged characters like Sniper as melee?

Lane composition and like Haly said, aggression.
If all you have in your lane is a couple melee hard carries with no stuns, you're going to have a bad time.
If you have a support with stuns/nukes, he's easy to kill/harass out of lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom