• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

I wanted to do a Dota parody of 'Started from the Bottom' but it's too hard I gave up after like two lines

im just gonna leave it to pflax to do versions of old bangers

Dmax3901

Oh god oh god!

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/369725420549066752

http://blog.dota2.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/glados_prelim_06.mp3

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Just saw this on Twitter, can't wait.

EDIT: Just saw it on the previous page, I can't believe I didn't know about this for that long!

SamuraiX-

Oh god oh god!

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/369725420549066752

http://blog.dota2.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/glados_prelim_06.mp3

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I first heard it when I logged on tonight. It spooked me but in the most awesome way imaginable. lol

Btw, I think that .gif is banned. Not trying to backseat mod but just letting you know that I've seen people banned for using it before.

Arkanius

Guys I have a huge question.
I have been playing since Day one with Auto-Attack off...
Am I doing it wrong? I always thought it was easier to do auto attacks and last hits this way, but I can't animation cancel with "S" when I'm about to hit this way, so I really don't know...

Should I start playing with Auto Attack?

SamuraiX-

Guys I have a huge question.
I have been playing since Day one with Auto-Attack off...
Am I doing it wrong? I always thought it was easier to do auto attacks and last hits this way, but I can't animation cancel with "S" when I'm about to hit this way, so I really don't know...

Should I start playing with Auto Attack?

Always have auto-attack off.

To animation cancel into attack, you basically have to spam the S key while at the same time spamming the right mouse button. Then just stop spamming the S key when you feel confident that you'll land a last hit.

You can also attack-moving but make sure you're always moving in the same direction you're attacking otherwise it doesn't make a difference.

Always have auto-attack off.

To animation cancel into attack, you basically have to spam the S key while at the same time spamming the right mouse button. Then just stop spamming the S key when you feel confident that you'll land a last hit.

You can also attack-moving but make sure you're always moving in the same direction you're attacking otherwise it doesn't make a difference.

I disagree, there's no wrong or right when it comes to having open-attack on, both has its advantage and disadvantages.

I prefer it on. It makes it easy to farm when you do an animation cancel, and also it's great in getting in those extra attacks when your enemy enters the fog.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
watching a stream right now with what appears to be a russian and a chinese man playing. this shit is so hilarious lol

F!ReW!Re

I disagree, there's no wrong or right when it comes to having open-attack on, both has its advantage and disadvantages.

I prefer it on. It makes it easy to farm when you do an animation cancel, and also it's great in getting in those extra attacks when your enemy enters the fog.

Yep, I prefer having it on as well.
My main dude is NP and it's great for having him continue to farm even though I'm looking across the map for a gank or another lane to push.
Playing him also greatly enhances your map awareness, since you need to be constantly aware of the enemy position.

My main dude is NP and it's great for having him continue to farm even though I'm looking across the map for a gank or another lane to push.
Playing him also greatly enhances your map awareness, since you need to be constantly aware of the enemy position.

Yeah, both of this too. I found it too easy to forget my character when I left Auto-Attack at off. Like most of us here I didn't play the original Dota, and started with Dota 2. Tried Auto-Attack off for the first few months of playing it, but soon realised that having it on is the best way of playing it.

BeesEight

Basically this, I was called out on having auto-attack on and a lot of people advised to put it off. Now I really can't stand having it off.

I used to have auto-attack on but now I prefer it off. For some reason, I found it harder to last hit. I just use the attack command now for things like pursuing into fog or farming jungle creeps.

But yeah, it's definitely one of those "just see what works for you" sort of deals.

She can be build as a Semi Carry;
Start with phase boots and go for an Orchid/Vyse then go looking for Daedalus/MKB/Skadi/Mjolnir.
Maybe even diffusal/ac/necro/heart/satanic fit in there somewhere as well.

Tried that yesterday by time i has orchid my team couldn't kill the silenced abaddon. Also you know when you are in shit tier when the slark and bounty hunter keep diving on the other team, when the other team has a fucking gem.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah, crit and bash work with Windrunner's ult. Shackle into ulti with MKB and Daedelus on her is hilarious.

dorkimoe

I'm watching Admiral Bulldogs stream and either his mmr sucks or matchmaking really does have problems

i played last night with a guy named [A]dmiral Bulldog. I was like how shitty is your life that you need to fake being a pro gamer. Then i couldnt wait until he was terrible so I could make fun of him. Well he raped mid and pretty much carried us within 15 minutes. I know it wasnt him..but still..would be funny if he was in my tier

F!ReW!Re

i played last night with a guy named [A]dmiral Bulldog. I was like how shitty is your life that you need to fake being a pro gamer. Then i couldnt wait until he was terrible so I could make fun of him. Well he raped mid and pretty much carried us within 15 minutes. I know it wasnt him..but still..would be funny if he was in my tier

He's queuing with people who have much lower MMR.

Maybe, just; maybe??

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
What is the best way to trade?

I really want the cruel diretide HUD skin. But I am not sure the best way to go about it!

TommyT

Or you know... just input the attack command ('A' by default) and left click to move (which will attack the area you clicked or attack the path to the area you clicked). With regards to fog, they have the same problem - attacking the nearest visible enemy.

From my experience (and what I've seen), those using animation cancel have auto-attack on and are making good use of the Hold ('H' by default) command.

ElyrionX

I am thinking of picking up OD but I got a couple of questions. From stats on datdota, his most commonly bought items are Force Staff, Mekansm, Scythe, BKB and Shivas Guard.

1. Is Force Staff primarily used as a defensive escape mechanism while situationally applied offensively? Any particular synergies between this and OD's skillset that I need to be aware of?

2. Mekansm. Am I missing something here or is OD played as semi-support in pro games? Or is this an item used in an outdated build? How does this fit into OD's playstyle?

3. Null Talisman. Do I get 1 or 2 in early game?

I am thinking of picking up OD but I got a couple of questions. From stats on datdota, his most commonly bought items are Force Staff, Mekansm, Scythe, BKB and Shivas Guard.

1. Is Force Staff primarily used as a defensive escape mechanism while situationally applied offensively? Any particular synergies between this and OD's skillset that I need to be aware of?

2. Mekansm. Am I missing something here or is OD played as semi-support in pro games? Or is this an item used in an outdated build? How does this fit into OD's playstyle?

ANY int item adds to OD,s DPS and ULT. The higher INT the higher dmg for his arcane orb which later is your primary DPS, hence force,nulls,scythe. Plus they great utlity anyhoo.

The mek is great cause you should be able to build it fastest on team + you get a chance to proc your mana with buckler/mek.

The force is pretty much how you described it can be offensive to jump in astral and give your team time to gather round....or use it to gtfo of bad situations/save teammate.

I usually get 1 nulls and if im struggling ill get second but usually skip.
But im bad so i could be off on that

TommyT

1. The usage can proc his passive. It's a great gap-closer for Astral. He has no escapes so it's a great escape tool.

2. Early, you can (should?) go Tranquil Boots and Buckler. Both proc his passive which is great early. He farms quite easily and having the Mek that much faster is always good. Tranquil Boots are broken down into the Headress for Mek.

3. Situational. Probably just one though, if that.

Haunted

F1 centers the camera on your hero?

That is useful information. I always clicked on my portrait when I lost sight of the character due to misclicks or other moves and by then it's usually too late. >_>

Dahbomb

F1 centers the camera on your hero?

That is useful information. I always clicked on my portrait when I lost sight of the character due to misclicks or other moves and by then it's usually too late. >_>
It's F1 double tap. F1 once selects your hero and F1 again centers the camera to your hero.

I've played with him as well , he likes to trash talk though. Hes not even that good.

I doubt its him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom