• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmpaler

So I got setup last night with some kids who played League of Legends a lot. Sigh. They claimed they knew what they were doing, but they tried to push towers and way over extended themselves when tier 2 was down. Plus that game and the game before had probably the absolute worst Juggernauts I have ever seen.

He's the easiest hero to play, I swear, and yet you feed and rush lanes against people who keep shutting yo down lol.

shira

So I got setup last night with some kids who played League of Legends a lot. Sigh. They claimed they knew what they were doing, but they tried to push towers and way over extended themselves when tier 2 was down. Plus that game and the game before had probably the absolute worst Juggernauts I have ever seen.

He's the easiest hero to play, I swear, and yet you feed and rush lanes against people who keep shutting yo down lol.

Dota blind dates are the worst.

Giggzy

I'm so bad at last hitting =( I've been running single player games with no bots, and going middle lane to practice. Using a 10m timer and spirit breaker since I hear he has the slowest animation. My best right now is 25 last hits with 16 denies =( not very good. From what I'm reading 50-60 is decent and 80+ is professional. It's all I'm going to practice until I get 50 on average.

Artanisix

50 @ 10 minutes is plenty good for someone starting out or who has been playing for a while.

100 @ 30 minutes was my old goal when I first started playing years ago, just keep at it and you'll get better.

shira

Scythe is sexy, flower trees are kinda weird.

Actually I really like all the ingame item cosmetics (Armlet, Scythe, Dagon, Shadowblade, Battlefury)... They're awesome. Hope they add more.

DIVINE RAPIER FOR SKELETON KING

Dis Ursa Vlad's better be coming
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170767307&searchtext=

Vlad's by Yi

F!ReW!Re

dear firewire, your prophet sucks

ATT

Ice Ice Ice

http://www.twitch.tv/iceiceice/c/2786008

- 9 Minute midas (not bad for being offlane and going crazy on the tree micro)
- His tree micro is great, I can't control them that quickly individually, also interesting to see him use shift-h to keep them in place for blocking. Need to use them more to scout myself. Although I already do that when pushing down towers, including sending one further ahead to pull the creep wave into the jungle/offlane.
- His lasts hits were kinda off though, then again he's playing it really laid back, not a big problem on Furion anyway.
- He tp'ed in to body block the pull camp on Radiant save lane, ended up without mana after that TP. That stuff is REALLY risky, because if either supp or the carry are there, you are screwed. Worked out for that lucky bastard though.

Yeah what can I say, great stuff even if he played a bit sloppy (which still makes him atleast a 100 times better than I am on Prophet)

Scythe is sexy, flower trees are kinda weird.

Actually I really like all the ingame item cosmetics (Armlet, Scythe, Dagon, Shadowblade, Battlefury)... They're awesome. Hope they add more.

DIVINE RAPIER FOR SKELETON KING

I agree, all of the item cosmetics have been awesome, keep them coming!
How about having a golden glove for some heroes (Midas)???

Why? They are so ugly :(
I sold mine
Next to the "gotta catch 'em all" reason, it's nice to be able to switch it up sometimes, I bought Call of the Dendrochron on the day they released that item, so it's nice to have some new cosmetics for the treants.
Think the flowers look weird/freaky which is a nice change from the Dendrochron's

Ken

Sorta. There's a hidden MMR that Valve uses to find similarly skilled opponents.

Am I supposed to take it super seriously? I don't think I have more than 20 games yet and this Luna immediately got angry at me for not knowing how to ping MIAs.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
50 @ 10 minutes is plenty good for someone starting out or who has been playing for a while.

100 @ 30 minutes was my old goal when I first started playing years ago, just keep at it and you'll get better.

^

Once you get these down push for 60 @ 10 and 200 @ 30.

I remember when I aimed for 100 by 30 in HoN though, good times.

Atlantis

Am I supposed to take it super seriously? I don't think I have more than 20 games yet and this Luna immediately got angry at me for not knowing how to ping MIAs.

In my experience, low-level matchmaking doesn't prevent people from expecting people to play at their version of perfect.

Had an enemy team constantly asking us to report their Magnus for bad play when he was doing just fine and I'm around the same wins as you.

shira

^

Once you get these down push for 60 @ 10 and 200 @ 30.

I remember when I aimed for 100 by 30 in HoN though, good times.

50-60 out of 78 creeps

65-77% last hits for a beginner? You would never be given a safe lane to free farm anyway and you get tunnel vision after a few minutes.

What helped me alot is your strategy for transitioning between 1 last hit/wave to the tricks/gimmicks to get 2-3 kills/wave. It's like chaining combos.

I thought Nature Prophet looked like a cool hero to play. Now, I think this is a boring hero to play: iceiceice keeps farming for most of the game, avoiding fights, being alone in the jungle. It is not fun.

He's so versatile you can do damn near anything with him.

You wanna farm all game? That can work.

You wanna push all game? That can work.

You wanna gank all game? That can work.

You wanna be a hard support? That can work.

shira

Wow rumormill is so gravy
- ixmike kick
- bamboe kick
- China making one superteam
- Russia making one superteam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom