• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of MoM on OD? This dude was on Godlike for the most of the game just because of his MoM and Arcane Orb combo.

This is the first time I saw this, and it complete obliterated everyone on our team around mid-game. Yet, I still don't agree with his skill build, but here judge for yourself.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/279410428

His build is garbage. Aghanim's on OD is a waste, shadow blade as well. AC too. Virtually nothing other than his sheepstick was a good purchase.

Aegus

So I've been playing vengeful spirit a couple of times this week. Her swap ult is mega fun and useful.

Friend getting pummelled by a pudge/drow/ogre magi combo? Don't worry friend, I will take your place.

Oh you think you're getting away? Think again.

Totally fucks with people in team fights.

What do you guys think of MoM on OD? This dude was on Godlike for the most of the game just because of his MoM and Arcane Orb combo.

This is the first time I saw this, and it complete obliterated everyone on our team around mid-game. Yet, I still don't agree with his skill build, but here judge for yourself.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/279410428

It's a bad build that somehow worked. I might watch the replay to see how he managed to snowball like that. (I am guessing zeus was mid against him?)

In other news I had the worst match yesterday. I am just awful with Kotl :(
http://dotabuff.com/matches/281427493

Red UFO

Why does it say my inventory is full when I try to buy Heart of Tarrasque (probably spelt that wrong). I have a spare space in my inventory.

Why does it say my inventory is full when I try to buy Heart of Tarrasque (probably spelt that wrong). I have a spare space in my inventory.

You probably don't have enough money to buy all the items for it but enough to buy two out of the three. I assume you were at the secret shop and didn't have the recipe on you right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If only it would let us find similarly skilled teammates every game.

It does, its just the system doesn't work well when the guy who randoms every game gets a character he is bad at and a person who has played 90% of his games as a carry gets a support (And Vice Versa)

Spirit3

Holy heck that was a turnaround. We went from 40-15 down with only one tower left to turning the game around and winning 51-37. Probably the best game I've played after 60 hours as halfway through I was thinking that it was going to be a whitewash.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Who's ready for Legion Waifu tonight? :)

I totally forgot to do this since we were moved to the leper's colony.

woodland

Yeah I agree, it's a shame Mirana was missing her arrows left, right and center. But still, do you think that the combo is actually viable?

No, not really ;\ Maybe if you get a BKB it could be viable, but the fact that getting a MoM forces you to get a BKB is meh. BKB alone isn't a bad idea, but the whole point of OD is stacking INT items so he gets ridiculous as fuck and can either rip through enemies or get a refresher and kill them instantly. His agi isn't that bad so you don't really need the extra attack speed, and the move speed isn't really needed since you can just astral and catch up like that.

It's just one of those pub builds that works out because the other team makes mistakes and lets you get super farmed lol.

edit; tl;dr you're offense is already fine but you're int, so you need to work on defense and getting your hero ready for fights. Mek, Force Staff, Sheep, all help you in that. Even Atos does.

Tried Clockwerk today and he's really, really fun. A great counter to Sniper too. Hell, we totally shut him out in today's game.

Probably gonna play this hero for quite a bit.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Tried Clockwerk today and he's really, really fun. A great counter to Sniper too. Hell, we totally shut him out in today's game.

He's a lot of fun if you get levels and farm. He is no fun when you are behind. :(

geetec

Neo Member
It's a bad build that somehow worked. I might watch the replay to see how he managed to snowball like that. (I am guessing zeus was mid against him?)[/url]

His build is garbage. Aghanim's on OD is a waste, shadow blade as well. AC too. Virtually nothing other than his sheepstick was a good purchase.

No, not really ;\ Maybe if you get a BKB it could be viable, but the fact that getting a MoM forces you to get a BKB is meh. BKB alone isn't a bad idea, but the whole point of OD is stacking INT items so he gets ridiculous as fuck and can either rip through enemies or get a refresher and kill them instantly. His agi isn't that bad so you don't really need the extra attack speed, and the move speed isn't really needed since you can just astral and catch up like that.

Hm, you guys probably right. I never play OD but his dps was ridiculous in that specific game. Still, probably better if he went int items, I guess he would have more damage in general.

However just for arguments sake, let's say he went he's int items - whatever his usual build is - instead of the Shadow Blade, Aghanims and AC but still got the MoM (because that's what lead him to snowball, I believe) do you think that, like I said before, can be viable? That would force everyone on the opposite team to buy BKB and those how don't will get punished especially if they're squishy? OR do you think it's a complete waste of an item on him because he's dmg would be so high they would die anyway (if he had his int items, using arcane orb ofc)?

Got moved up to Very High. Shiiiiiet

Well Played!

Low Tier
Hm, you guys probably right. I never play OD but his dps was ridiculous in that specific game. Still, probably better if he went int items, I guess he would have more damage in general.

However just for arguments sake, let's say he went he's int items - whatever his usual build is - instead of the Shadow Blade, Aghanims and AC but still got the MoM (because that's what lead him to snowball, I believe) do you think that, like I said before, can be viable? That would force everyone on the opposite team to buy BKB and those how don't will get punished especially if they're squishy? OR do you think it's a complete waste of an item on him because he's dmg would be so high they would die anyway (if he had his int items, using arcane orb ofc)?

Well Played!

He would die. That hero has no real escape mechanism, no range, or surprise factor to warrant a MoM pickup.

He's very fun. I actually had a fun game yesterday where I got my Aghs pretty early (before lvl 14), too bad we lost in the end because our Weaver didn't comunicate/help and tried to fight 1v5 all the fucking time without a BKB.

At the very least, tonight's possible test client update is supposed to fix box selection. It's apparently coming this week, so we know there will be something.

I have some optimism towards legion commander also. She was basically done a month ago.

JustinBB7

I don't think I've ever seen an OD build a shadow blade/AC..

Just needs int items and usually BKB. MoM would always be a bad choice, unless you bought Heart/AC/Butterfly first maybe. Which gives you no int so your damage would be shit.

KingKong

I'm really curious how techies would work. Unless I'm missing something, at level 1 they could place two land mines that would do a total of at least 600 damage, isnt that a super easy first blood?

At the very least, tonight's possible test client update is supposed to fix box selection. It's apparently coming this week, so we know there will be something.

I have some optimism towards legion commander also. She was basically done a month ago.

Did you just jinx us again?

Looking back at the first weeks after TI2, I expect compendium updates and rewards for the fantasy league and nothing more.

Artanisix

LOTS of devs online today, hoping for a sweet patch.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'm really curious how techies would work. Unless I'm missing something, at level 1 they could place two land mines that would do a total of at least 600 damage, isnt that a super easy first blood?

You have the right idea.

Artanisix

Ummm what is box selection exactly?

The one thing Blizzard did right over Valve.

Selecting units using the boxing method (holding down left click and dragging it over a group of units) is very strange on Source. Hell, just clicking on units is weird. Makes it a pain when I play Enigma or Chen or Meepo.

geetec

Neo Member
He would die. That hero has no real escape mechanism, no range, or surprise factor to warrant a MoM pickup.

All right, so it's a matter of focusing him down. I guess it's just particular game that no one chose to pick stuns (not including Mirana's fail arrows) and that's why he got away with it.

Artanisix

Scythe is sexy, flower trees are kinda weird.

Actually I really like all the ingame item cosmetics (Armlet, Scythe, Dagon, Shadowblade, Battlefury)... They're awesome. Hope they add more.

DIVINE RAPIER FOR SKELETON KING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom