• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filth

So I tried one build so far with abandon and it was terrible. Are you guys building him tanky? Should all his damage be from right clicks? Because his nuke just seemed useful to heal teammates or get a kill when someone is low health and running.

Arkanius

So I tried one build so far with abandon and it was terrible. Are you guys building him tanky? Should all his damage be from right clicks? Because his nuke just seemed useful to heal teammates or get a kill when someone is low health and running.

Build every aura you can on him + Arcane Boots + SoulRing or Ring of Basilus
Vlads/Meka/AC

Kreunt

Banned
not sure if i'll ever get tired of that 'We’ve recently taken action against one or more players you’ve previously reported for bad conduct.' message popping up when i open the game.

Dirtie

rhdlYsD.gif
Hope that shield's gonna be obvious ingame, it's doesn't seem very distinctive. I did like the look of Accursed's shield when I played HoN.
I've always thought of him primarily as a support character, though he can be built as more of a carry.

Anteo

Well you don't see Dazzle/Omni going for a right click damage build that often right? Same thing here- Same role for this guy.

Card Boy

Banned
Welp first time Invoker and i have had 250 games. I couldn't remember all the spells without clicking on the tooltip each time so i just Dagon rushed. I actually went 3-3-18 but i was playing laggy players dcing every 5 minutes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nothing stops Borrowed Time except Axe ulti\

New disarm icon

Some people are saying you should be able to flat out kill Abaddon with a high damage spell though, like Lions Ult, where right now Borrowed Time will always activates.

Love how Borrowed Time even removes Doom from Abaddon. Guys looks like he should be a ton of fun. Saddly doesn't look like he can do to much with his unkillableness without a good amount of farm. Maelstorm seems like a really good item on him though.

Also, Valve is making it so more then one item drops per tournament event. So instead of only one dude getting something for seeing first blood, like, 2 or more dudes will get something.

GorillaJu

Abaddon looks great and he can be a good hero, but holy fuck is he boring to play. He's only fun to play if your team gives you some early farm to get a Mek or carry items. Then you can go ham and it's fun, but if you're in a pure support role and are stuck with shit like 15 minute brown boots + a bracer, he's one of the most boring heroes. It's like playing Lich spamming ice armor except you have to save your nuke to heal instead of actually hurting people.

Anteo

Bah Pudge and Axe ults should go through everything.

ECL day 2 shitload of top asian team games
Sheevaaa and eurgh vykrmond

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit2

That reminds me, in WC3 Dota, if Borrowed time is automatically activaded when under the effect of a shackle like spell (Batrider, Bane, Rastha, Pudge), the spell ends inmediatly, same for using a Shield into someone under the effect of the spell (for Batrider ult, the disable ends but the hero is still dragged and cant move away from Bat, he can walk towards Bat and cast spells/attack though)

So if anyone can test it, check if the interactions are still the same.

traveler

Not Wario
Abaddon looks great and he can be a good hero, but holy fuck is he boring to play. He's only fun to play if your team gives you some early farm to get a Mek or carry items. Then you can go ham and it's fun, but if you're in a pure support role and are stuck with shit like 15 minute brown boots + a bracer, he's one of the most boring heroes. It's like playing Lich spamming ice armor except you have to save your nuke to heal instead of actually hurting people.

Do you find Shadow Demon/Dazzle boring? I actually find there to be a great deal of tension/fun to playing heroes with those clutch single target save skills. Always on my toes headed into a teamfight trying to make sure I'm in range, not disabled myself, and ready to counter the ck bolt/burrowstrike/whatever.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So how long does it usually take for new heroes to make it from the test client? I just tried and loved Abaddon.

Skab

So how long does it usually take for new heroes to make it from the test client? I just tried and loved Abaddon.

Main client will patch tomorrow, barring any major bugs being found.

Same as every week. Test client on Wednesday, main client on Thursday.

So where should I start with this game? I unfortunately have no friends who play this and I hear this game is best played with friends. Should I even bother?

Calidor

So where should I start with this game? I unfortunately have no friends who play this and I hear this game is best played with friends. Should I even bother?

absolutely. I'm a solo queue player 99% of the time.

Once (if) you get out of the trench, things get much much better

Kreunt

Banned
Love how Borrowed Time even removes Doom from Abaddon. Guys looks like he should be a ton of fun. Saddly doesn't look like he can do to much with his unkillableness without a good amount of farm. Maelstorm seems like a really good item on him though.

radiance if you can afford it

People say that Abbadon is a support hero, but Curse of Avernus is working from his rightclicks and Borrowed Time affects himself alone. Yeah, his first two skills are good and shit but to me it's like running Sven as a support: having a stun doesn't mean you should neglect other skills in that case.

shira

Cyborg up

Must check out those pics, new chest, biggest update evar!!!

Badass Axe set is in. WR bow, LGD courier
Lots of shit sets T.T IE dat Mirana Volvo picking some serious LOL shit

http://www.twitch.tv/anbokr

gettin some alch lessons from the very best, #1 alch player world dr.dota

Listening to your stream I had to start dota to see this nyx in Milks game. Level 6 and still no points in impale. But at 3-1 you cant argue with the results lol

Edit: YES The blade mail Nyx. I was just pimping that in here the other day!

Now he's level 8 and still not a single point in impale

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
dr.dota bailed on us looking for 1 gaffer come play with mumblegaf

twitch.tv/anbokr

no more dr.dota alch lessons, just mumblegaf playin 2 games at once: milk and co. playin some high tier nerdy ass game and the rest of us in trench dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom