• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

To my fellow OSX players, just a heads up. The Mac version is so damn buggy. Sound cuts in and out. Laggy as fuck. On Bootcamp my game runs smooth on max settings at 1920x1080. I can barely play on the res under that with Low settings. I couldn't even finish my game because it crashed. Source games have always been poorly optimzed on OSX but this one seems messy. Probably shouldn't expect to see the official client released for a while.

Lotto

Or I'm asking about hilarious bugs in Dota, because these games get these kinds of bugs all the time. My brother would tell me about some really funny bugs in HoN back when he played.

But k.

I don't know if this bug made it out of test client but it was pretty hilarious.

tLMDj8W.jpg

FzFCLDq.jpg

2VlXNZz.jpg

I believe it had something to do with Undying's Decay stacks having no limit?

Also, looking back at some stuff, what ever happened to this guy:

I still want it.

Xyber

So I've been trying out Lich while doing the multiplayer games in the tutorial (because no one else picks support ever there) and he is amazing! :O And I just love when everyone keeps bunching up for me to use my ulti. http://dotabuff.com/matches/240110194

Unfortunately Vengeful Spirit left after me and Razor got her a few times. Then juggernaut left 10 minutes later because they were losing.

PSA: You don't need to finish "Limited Hero Pool" matchmaking to get sniper's rifle from tutorial set, people who participated in beta will get it free of charge.

Man I really need to get back into this game, my bro is in love with LoL atm and seeing him play rekindled my interest, should send him an invite for Dota too lol.

Spookie

A new bundle chest for release I hear? Well there goes £50.

Only to sell half of them for keys and make a profit again

Svafnir

Just going through the tutorial right now.... I have some questions.

(1) I noticed in the options I can turn on auto purchase items, is this a good or bad feature?
(2) Is there any other options I should change?
(3) I should always be trying to deny enemy creep kills?

Any other basic tips to being good?

edit: also just had mana potions go out of a stock in a game... How does that happen? What should i be doing other than that for mana regen.

Just going through the tutorial right now.... I have some questions.

(1) I noticed in the options I can turn on auto purchase items, is this a good or bad feature?
(2) Is there any other options I should change?
(3) I should always be trying to deny enemy creep kills?

Any other basic tips to being good?

Just to answer the third point - if you're new to the game/genre, do your best to get last hits then worry about denying at a later stage.

Maximise what you can get out of the laning phase xp/gold wise, the rest will fall into place once you're good enough.

Silex

1) I don't remember what that option does, sorry.
2) Disable auto-attack. Change the controls for item usage for something you are comfortable with, if needed.
3) Yes, but as Heavy said, your priority is to get last hits. So focus on that, and leave the denying until you are feeling comfortable with getting last hits.

Shmowzow!

Banned
Did they fix that exploit where if an entire team leaves within one minute, they don't get put in the Low Prio-pool because the game ends (instead of getting the 'safe for disconnection'-status) if there are no connected players on the enemy team?

It's basically a soft concede, and since they said they didn't want a concedebutton...

Nymerio

All i want is when there's a leaver, AI plays their character. Leavers is still a huge problem of the game. Other than that it is an awesome game.

I'd be content if your loss doesn't get counted if the leaver was on your side. Give the other team their win, the leaver gets a loss + abandonment, while the leaver's team doesn't get stats recorded if they lose.

Valve mentioned plans for this ages ago. Dunno why it hasn't happened yet (I do, valve are slow).

I think bots can't play all heroes yet, might be the reason.

Did they fix that exploit where if an entire team leaves within one minute, they don't get put in the Low Prio-pool because the game ends (instead of getting the 'safe for disconnection'-status) if there are no connected players on the enemy team?

It's basically a soft concede, and since they said they didn't want a concedebutton...

I think this counts as an abandon now.

Is there a way to set skills to auto-cast?

There are some skills that allow auto-cast. To activate auto-cast just rightclick the skill or press a hotkey you can set in the options (default should be alt+ Q/W/E/R depending on the slot of the skill you want to set to auto-cast).

Ken

I think this counts as an abandon now.

There are some skills that allow auto-cast. To activate auto-cast just rightclick the skill or press a hotkey you can set in the options (default should be alt+ Q/W/E/R depending on the slot of the skill you want to set to auto-cast).

Is it safe to just set Q/W/E/R as the keys for auto-cast?

Is it safe to just set Q/W/E/R as the keys for auto-cast?

Not sure I understand you correctly, but as long as you are not a dota 1 veteran and prefer to use legacy keybinds, you probably want to use Q/W/E/R as your "activate ability 1/2/3/4" hotkeys.
ALT + Q/W/E/R is perfectly fine for auto-cast (in case that is what you are asking), although some players - most of them former HoN players - prefer to use this combination for the inventory.

Ken

Not sure I understand you correctly, but as long as you are not a dota 1 veteran and prefer to use legacy keybinds, you probably want to use Q/W/E/R as your "activate ability 1/2/3/4" hotkeys.
ALT + Q/W/E/R is perfectly fine for auto-cast (in case that is what you are asking), although some players - most of them former HoN players - prefer to use this combination for the inventory.

dur

I just want to press a single key like Q to have my ability come out without me clicking anything extra.

I think you may mean Smartcast and not Autocast.

You can set a modifier in the options that will allow you to cast a spell on the ground or a unit where your mouse cursor is at while pressing said modifier. This eliminates the need to left click after activating a skill.

Just look for Smartcast.

abunai

I can't seem to accept any MM games.. Hammering the accept button but it still times out and says that I didn't ready up in time. zzz

Ken

I think you may mean Smartcast and not Autocast.

You can set a modifier in the options that will allow you to cast a spell on the ground or a unit where your mouse cursor is at while pressing said modifier. This eliminates the need to left click after activating a skill.

Just look for Smartcast.

Hm okay thanks.

elyetis

There's a hilarious bug in Leeg where if you switch a certain item to another slot and use it right as you switch it it completely crashes the game for everyone in the game and erases it from history. No wins, no losses, no nothing, it's just gone. No one can reconnect either.

Doters ever have anything this broken?
Some strange bug kept deleting new heroes from changelog for 2 months.

oneils

Someone posted a computerandvideogames youtube video about the launch and I can no longer find it. Anyone here know what video I am talking about?

maybe I'm confusing it with a GTA V discussion video?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
There's a hilarious bug in Leeg where if you switch a certain item to another slot and use it right as you switch it it completely crashes the game for everyone in the game and erases it from history. No wins, no losses, no nothing, it's just gone. No one can reconnect either.

Doters ever have anything this broken?

Yes they have been times where certain heroes, abilities or skins would crash the game. There was also a bug where Chen could dominate Roshan.

Daedalux

Neo Member
The best bug for me was the Tusk one, when you would Snowball and magically appear in the fountain of the enemy.

#magicofdoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom