• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The New version of the Night Stalker set looks much better. Wonder if they are just going to completely drop the mask, or just keep it the same:

Old:
Dota2_Items_NS01.jpg

New:
Dota2_Nightstalker01.jpg

Also, I hope Bristle Back's Shirt really does get released this time, it got removed at the last minute from the wax chest for being "low quality" (Or at least that is what was speculated, maybe it was simply some payment issue), though it looks basically the same still.

BeesEight

you should still be able to get some levels and be around the same as the opponents. Always make sure youre in xp range.

just be patient, go for last hits where you can but don't be greedy. Its essential that you have a tp scroll with you. Inevitably space will open up on a lane, usually mid, which gives you a chance to farm a wave or two.

you can go to the easy camp in the jungle just to get some pennies. Could also stack/pull so that you can keep that farm up. Change your item build as well (viper its different). If youre not getting enough farm for a battlefury for am, don't bother.

if theyre not making space for you (your supports) then you really cant do much.

Yeah, I tried just absorbing xp but the Bane could zone me easily since once I was in nightmare range it was another death. I did try farming the easy camp but the Nature's Prophet would come in and take what he could either through his ultimate or just contesting with last hits.

And if I showed up in another lane I would just get the Nightstalker diving me under the tower.

Guess it was a perfect storm for instant failure. We basically lost it at the laning phase because my team didn't want to... well... work as a team.

Our comp was Skeleton King, Leshrac, Vengeful Spirit, Nature's Prophet and Viper. I picked the Viper to go mid because I naturally didn't think we had someone for that. Of course once everyone locks in the Lesh demands mid. Had we put Lesh, Venge and Skeleton King in a tri-lane, Nature's Prophet in the solo and Viper mid I think we really stood a chance. But any other lane configuration was doomed to lose.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And got rid of the ridiculous helmet :p

Well, we don't know that for sure, Matt just didn't show it off, they could have just kept that part the same.

Also, Valve just tagged a bunch of items from "Sithil's Summer Stash 2012" yesterday (Finally). Though its odd, it seems you don't have to have the original item that came from the chest, but just the same kind of item. Like, I got both a Wheel of Fortitude and a Hammer Time from the chest, but swapped them out for Strange Variations a while back, yet they are still tagged.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

*gasp* You take that back!

Tusk is really weird though. He's an initiator who snowballs. And I mean that in both senses, in the games in which I have a ton of fun with him its because a few good early game fights cause me to spiral out of control and then every single fight is 4v5 from then on because they all open with me snowballing in and one-shot Walrus Punching one of their supports.

BraXzy

Just had one of my first games as Leshrac. I've always shrugged him off as a squishy support but damn. I went mid with him and I was doing pretty good. I struggled at first with his squishiness early on, got killed quite a few times. But by the end I was tanky, I farmed insanely fast with my ult, but we had an abandoner from around 10 minutes onwards so it was an unhill struggle. Eventually lost but we put up a good fight.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just had one of my first games as Leshrac. I've always shrugged him off as a squishy support but damn. I went mid with him and I was doing pretty good. I struggled at first with his squishiness early on, got killed quite a few times. But by the end I was tanky, I farmed insanely fast with my ult, but we had an abandoner from around 10 minutes onwards so it was an unhill struggle. Eventually lost but we put up a good fight.
When I play Lesh I either do really well or really poorly. Were you in that game earlier in the week where I missed basically every single stun over the course of a forty minute game?

You know for reals though mask of madness wouldn't be half bad on tusk would it? It would increase that snowball speed.

Also MoM on slark could work.

I wanna try it now.

Calidor

I like Lesh as a roaming Lesh... just go aggro trilane with Shadow demon get first blood, smoke towards mid around 5 min mark and then push towers. 25 min GG

BraXzy

When I play Lesh I either do really well or really poorly. Were you in that game earlier in the week where I missed basically every single stun over the course of a forty minute game?

No but I did in my game too :L the delay seems so long before it goes off, and its range is so small.

KingKong

I appreciate Valve letting people create and profit from cosmetics but the difference between the sets they add and, say, the lockless luckbox items is staggering

I appreciate Valve letting people create and profit from cosmetics but the difference between the sets they add and, say, the lockless luckbox items is staggering

Honestly, most of the custom stuff (especially from Anuxi) far eclipse what Valve has made.

Hell, Valve has made a few duds themselves. It happens.

We need gambler back to punish the glut of Alchemists. Sylar wouldn't stand a chance! :p

And that Slardar weapon is awful, simply awful. Bad enough when it's a Kunkka hat, but this one doesn't even make any fucking sense. He ripped a piece of debris of a ship and stuck it on a perfectly straight pole? It's ridiculous and poorly crafted.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Lucky Stars isn't really that good of a skill (Unless it worked on Roshan), its basically low chance backstab (Though give him a MoM, and he could shred towers). Chip Stack is pure BS though, especially at that cool down.

"Oh, saving up for a Sacred Relic? Welp, time for some 1k damage nukes on a 7.5 second cooldown."

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Eh there are some shitty items in the store, but I haven't found a single set to be too obnoxious. It's your choice on which items to buy and equip. That Kunkka hat and Slardar mannequin weapon look disgustingly out of place though--in the unreleased item section.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can anyone tell me why we still don't have a swap option in SD? This makes an otherwise awesome dota 1 mode complete suckage.

Can anyone tell me why we still don't have a swap option in SD? This makes an otherwise awesome dota 1 mode complete suckage.

Yeah I dunno. I feel like it would be a lot more tactical if you could swap. Especially since it's the only mode you can't currently (except for least played?), it feels out of place.

Though I suppose then the mode may as well be arranged as a pool of 15 heroes your side chooses from.

sixghost

I also wish they would give you a display mode that allowed you to see the three heroes each of your teammates would pick instead of everyone typing into chat.

sixghost

The main problem I have with it is the cast animation. It just makes it so obvious to anyone you're trying to hit with it "oh hey, we should move"

It's not really an ability you should be using on its own. It's a great follow-up stun, or a great teamfight stun when everyone is too worried about other stuff to dodge.

shira

It's not really an ability you should be using on its own. It's a great follow-up stun, or a great teamfight stun when everyone is too worried about other stuff to dodge.

Thats why you predict their move and get them anyways!

Yeah, nothing like hitting your stuns on a lina or a shaq. That's Professor X shit - I know what ur thinking even before you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom