• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

lomXNWX.jpg

bam

shira

alrighty, time to pass out!
I really should be getting to bed earlier.. :(

enchantress spear:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173280108
shadow shaman mask:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173261013

hope ya dig! thanks dudes!!

woop woop

iB147cxfetY7e.gif

Beyond the International
http://youtu.be/ymPCdzSS5gc

Nice little recap of TI3

Oh yeah and Mushi kicked Orange
Great little facebook post. Well put M-God said:
Yes, it's true. I am going to China soon. This decision didn't come very easy, but sometimes, you need to make hard decisions to get to where you want to be. Just know that I am parting with Orange amicably and my reasons for leaving are purely personal.

A lot of people are asking about which Chinese team I am joining, but really, that's not important. No matter where I go, I will still be carrying the Malaysian flag. And no matter what team I join, I will still be the Mushi that you all know. My target is still the same: bring a good game to all the fans around the world.

I believe Orange without me is still Orange, for as long as the other 4 players still believe in each other as we did back in TI3. So, regardless of who replaces me, they will still achieve a lot in the future.

I would like to thank Orange, Neolution, and all our sponsors for always supporting us in all our endeavors.

To my Orange teammates, I believe you all can go far even without me.

To my true fans, I hope that you all will continue to support me, even though I am no longer a part of Orange.

Finally, to all the aspiring gamers out there, believe that nothing is impossible. Don't give up until you get what you want and you are where you want to be.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
How do people feel about Sniper? I know he is really squishy and has not much in the ways of escape, but I have been playing around with him quite a bit lately and I find it very satisfying late game once I have had my farm.

Quite tense as well because one wrong move on the map and you are hero food. Quite challenging to zone out heroes keeping them at bay as well, but when I play people people always say he is overpowered and way to easy to play. Although think that is untrue, the challenge with him is just actually trying to stay alive and have decent map awareness. Although if I get shut down early game during my farm I become very useless fast.

Some decentish matches I have had with him:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/270631854
http://dotabuff.com/matches/287846547
http://dotabuff.com/matches/286746173
The ugly:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/287463759
http://dotabuff.com/matches/269811113

With all the stick I get for using him I have started feeling guilty when I play with him. I think I may only be doing well with him at the moment because the people I am playing against do not really know how to deal with him.

SamVimes

What IHL should i join if i want to play a little more seriously? Can't join ixdl because i only have 52% win rate tho.

edit: oh yeah i play in yurop

Double midas is the new meta.

I've seen a jungling Lone Druid get a double midas TWICE. One for the druid and one for the bear. Could have been the same guy and I sort of hope it is because it's so stupid. He spent all game jungling, not helping the team then at the end of the first match he sold them and had a Mjollnir on the hero but just brown boots, stout shield and quelling blade on the bear. As far as I know you don't even get the XP bonus from using the Midas on the bear so it was a huge waste.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/288798015

CM roam is so good once she gets a point in each skill. Thought for sure the game was lost when Mag took the safe lane so that he could go for a carry build (leaving me and Naga in the dual offlane) and SF gave up a kill mid. Made sure not to take any kills too. The only one I have is near the end when Furion tried to gank me at our top tier 2 as I was farming/defending it solo. I actually didn't even use a single ulti either, just got the shadow blade because I didn't know what else to get with all my gold.

TommyT

Ok I was just in a game with some friends, I was playing as Anti-Mage and things weren't going so well, the SF on the other team was getting out of control. But I was off to a pretty good start (6:30 midas).

I had a bit of trouble after that because SD would disrupt me and the illusions would almost instantly take out all my mana, so I only got my BF after ~25 mins.

At this point SF was going full medieval on our team. I thought I needed some health to be able to stand my ground and fight a bit, so I build a SNY. One of my friends started going crazy over how I should never build SNY on AM, and that I should've went for Manta. I thought of Manta, but the 2100 gold required for UO was kinda risky to go for since SF could basically instagib me out of his shadowblade anytime.

Anyway, game went on. I started splitpushing and getting crazy farm while the rest of my team was holding the line. Got a few towers that way and was forcing tp's back.

Got Manta, then got Butterfly, and then started to work on an Assault Cuirass. My friend was going out of his mind about this idea. He started yelling into the mic that I should get a heart instead.

My thought process was this: I don't die anymore, therefor I don't need more health. However, SF's minus armor aura is causing a lot of trouble along with Weaver and Alch's. By getting a AC I would not only make myself more survivable, but also the rest of my team. Also the attack speed would get my mana burn going even faster, resulting in more kills.

Turns out we won and I wrecked shit all over the place

Here's a link to the game.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/288428103

So can you guys help me figure out if I was in the right or wrong? Should I have skipped SNY to get a Manta straight away? Should I have gotten a Hearth instead of AC?

The other guy was Gyro.

Here's the full build I went:
Tango
Clarity (ended up giving to disruptor because he was spamming skills to get me free farm)
Healing Salve
Quelling blade
Hand of Midas
Battlefury
Sange and Yasha
Manta Style
Butterfly
Boots of Travel
Assault Cuirass

tl;dr:
I went some unconventional build and my friend was dissaproving. Was I right or wrong?

Unless you've got a good chance to get kills, you usually hold off on mana burn when there's a SD, or just one point.

While there is rhyme to your reason, you should have still gone heart. If you get low health, you can always blink away then come back a few seconds later with full health. + armor isn't doing much for you when you have evade (unless they went MKB) where as the evade helps towards the Heart's timer to regen health.

shira

To me she sounds exactly like the English puck, just speaking a different language.

Ok I was just in a game with some friends, I was playing as Anti-Mage and things weren't going so well, the SF on the other team was getting out of control. But I was off to a pretty good start (6:30 midas).

I had a bit of trouble after that because SD would disrupt me and the illusions would almost instantly take out all my mana, so I only got my BF after ~25 mins.

At this point SF was going full medieval on our team. I thought I needed some health to be able to stand my ground and fight a bit, so I build a SNY. One of my friends started going crazy over how I should never build SNY on AM, and that I should've went for Manta. I thought of Manta, but the 2100 gold required for UO was kinda risky to go for since SF could basically instagib me out of his shadowblade anytime.

Anyway, game went on. I started splitpushing and getting crazy farm while the rest of my team was holding the line. Got a few towers that way and was forcing tp's back.

Got Manta, then got Butterfly, and then started to work on an Assault Cuirass. My friend was going out of his mind about this idea. He started yelling into the mic that I should get a heart instead.

My thought process was this: I don't die anymore, therefor I don't need more health. However, SF's minus armor aura is causing a lot of trouble along with Weaver and Alch's. By getting a AC I would not only make myself more survivable, but also the rest of my team. Also the attack speed would get my mana burn going even faster, resulting in more kills.

Turns out we won and I wrecked shit all over the place

Here's a link to the game.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/288428103

So can you guys help me figure out if I was in the right or wrong? Should I have skipped SNY to get a Manta straight away? Should I have gotten a Hearth instead of AC?

The other guy was Gyro.

Here's the full build I went:
Tango
Clarity (ended up giving to disruptor because he was spamming skills to get me free farm)
Healing Salve
Quelling blade
Hand of Midas
Battlefury
Sange and Yasha
Manta Style
Butterfly
Boots of Travel
Assault Cuirass

tl;dr:
I went some unconventional build and my friend was dissaproving. Was I right or wrong?

Midas antimage bad. You could have had battlefury in 15 minutes at that pace. Prolly BKB at some point, I don't approve of that build

SNY if you want to fight early, but your build was farming only. SNY no place

Sibylus

Banned
Gonna be hella sad if cow is nerfed, funniest/most aggressive support in the game right now. Last game had a Pudge and a Disruptor on the team, throwing vision onto some poor support from across the map never stops feeling cheap (yet effective, and it's free if you're back in fountain).

52club

The reason SB is overpowered in pubs is because it is so easy for him to zero in on the weakest link of a team and then snowball. Even when he snowballs he is relatively easy to lock down assuming he went with core build that includes mask of madness. It also requires team play to protect that weak link. If that happens you can turn around the entire game. This kind of behavior is rare in pubs which leads to the feeling he is OP, but really it is the lack of team play in pubs that is the problem.

gl1tch

Neo Member
I accidentally screwed up using "exec autoexe.cfg", typed in exec (space) (arrow key up) and hit enter before reading what the command it was, which turned out to be "exec ti_onstage_side.cfg".

Now my client looks like this
QqshMLO.jpg

Restarting nor re-installing the client fixed it, anyone have a fix or is my DotA forever broken?

I accidentally screwed up using "exec autoexe.cfg", typed in exec (space) (arrow key up) and hit enter before reading what the command it was, which turned out to be "exec ti_onstage_side.cfg".

QqshMLO.jpg

Restarting nor re-installing the client fixed it, anyone have a fix or is my DotA forever broken?
Have you tried just making it go back to exec autoexe.cfg?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

QqshMLO.jpg

Try typing in dota_ti_onstage_side 0 and restarting.

Also, you are likely going to use these:
dota_minimap_always_draw_hero_icons 0
dota_minimap_creep_scale 1

gl1tch

Neo Member
Try typing in dota_ti_onstage_side 0 and restarting.

Also, you are likely going to use these:
dota_minimap_always_draw_hero_icons 0
dota_minimap_creep_scale 1

You saved my life, thank you very much.

Edit: nvm restarting client fixed the stats drop down.

I'm starting to think bkb is broken.

I played a game as Disruptor yesterday where three guys on the other team got bkbs, that made me completely useless. There isn't even an item in the game I could have bought to try to do something besides the crazily expensive Abyssal. Every single game I play there is a AT LEAST one bkb, no other major item is ever bought that often.

It's hapenned too many times where my team and I would gank someone, and he'd just turn on bkb and tp out without anything we could do to stop it because we didn't pick that one support that goes through bkb.

I know a lot of you will say "just bait it out and then fight", but to me that sounds exactly like LoL's Flash, which is obviously broken. There shouldn't be such an easy way out, without any way to respond. Pretty much every carry in the game bar a few exceptions will buy one without fault.

At least make the duration permanently at 4 seconds, or make Heaven's Halberd/Rod of Atos go through it, or like blink dagger, you get ONLY the utility but not the stats (which are no joke either). Give us supports SOME WAY to do something against it other than our puny right clicks.

What do you guys think?

/salt

Sliver

I played a game as Disruptor yesterday where three guys on the other team got bkbs, that made me completely useless. There isn't even an item in the game I could have bought to try to do something besides the crazily expensive Abyssal. Every single game I play there is a AT LEAST one bkb, no other major item is ever bought that often.

It's hapenned too many times where my team and I would gank someone, and he'd just turn on bkb and tp out without anything we could do to stop it because we didn't pick that one support that goes through bkb.

I know a lot of you will say "just bait it out and then fight", but to me that sounds exactly like LoL's Flash, which is obviously broken. There shouldn't be such an easy way out, without any way to respond. Pretty much every carry in the game bar a few exceptions will buy one without fault.

At least make the duration permanently at 4 seconds, or make Heaven's Halberd/Rod of Atos go through it, or like blink dagger, you get ONLY the utility but not the stats (which are no joke either). Give us supports SOME WAY to do something against it other than our puny right clicks.

What do you guys think?

/salt

You don't see Disruptor much anymore for that reason. You get off all your spells and a BKB can still make it all null and void. With other supports you have a chance to stun them and shut them down before they pop BKB.

shira

What do you guys think?

/salt
No upstanding trench player gets bkb.

ugh
http://dotabuff.com/matches/289068319
just...fuckin...

ugh.

would like that 84 minutes back

necrobook push strat?

You don't see Disruptor much anymore for that reason. You get off all your spells and a BKB can still make it all null and void. With other supports you have a chance to stun them and shut them down before they pop BKB.

I'm pretty sure nerfing bkb/magic immunity or buffing Heaven's/Atos would give Lifestealer/Gyro the nerf they deserve and get Disruptor and similar supports in the meta.

Think about it, what are, in theory the two items that are the best counter to a fed carry? Heaven's Halberd and Blademail. Both completely ignored by bkb.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
BKB is a 3900 item. Yes, it's really painful for certain supports after they get BKB but you have at least 15 minutes to prepare for it.

And while you won't be able to straight up counter it you can always get a Ghost Scepter.

The point of BKB is to give carries a tool to fight lockdowns. 4 seconds is way too short when most BKB piercing abilities last longer than 4 seconds.

I could foresee another BKB nerf in the future where it begins from 9 or even 8 seconds but right now it's in a pretty good spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom