• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

TODAY
IT'S
TIME
TO
DUEL?

971359_220046264810392_328919101_n.jpg

is that her finished model? I'm hoping valve do a makeover ala Elder Titan.

Edit: on second look, she seems okay. I thinki'm just put off by the bright colors.

Nirvana

Is Meepo in the 'I'm new, who should I play' list in the OP as a cruel joke? Haha. God, new players jumping onto Meepo are going to have a bad time.

On that note, I tried my first Chen pub game and sucked it up so bad that I basically lost us the game single handedly! Lots of fun to be had.

As soon as a fight happens my mind just goes to butter and I can't get the units to do what I want. Seems like something you need to really practise.

Any specific ways people on the GAF have found useful in learning Chen or other micro heroes, aside from just 'play bot matches'? Bot matches are kind of a difficult way to learn those sorts of heroes I've found, since the bots are so much based on the momentum of how many kills your team is getting and will just 5 man once the deficit reaches a certain point on either side. Makes it hard to learn heavy supports and push orientated heroes I find.

So yeah, any good advice?

Acinixys

Is Meepo in the 'I'm new, who should I play' list in the OP as a cruel joke? Haha. God, new players jumping onto Meepo are going to have a bad time.

On that note, I tried my first Chen pub game and sucked it up so bad that I basically lost us the game single handedly! Lots of fun to be had.

I know that im shit with micro heros. Even Lone Driud, whos probably the easiest. So when/if i random one of them i either repick or sit in the jungle all game farming hardcore so that when i come out i just have to click things to kill them

Dude Abides

Banned
How do you join the Neogaf channel in game per the OP?

I joined a group called Dotagaf IHL2 or some such, but I don't think that's it.

Also, if any other new players (I've been playing about 3 weeks with 70 hours played) want to group, please hit me up. My steam name is Dude Abides.

GorillaJu

I think the best wins are when you're on the final push after winning a fight and literally all 5 enemies are blaming each other for throwing the game in all chat.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think the best wins are when you're on the final push after winning a fight and literally all 5 enemies are blaming each other for throwing the game in all chat.

I had a match the otherday where a Juggernaut and Drow fed a bounty hunter till around 24/0 and all we could do was defend the base for 30 minutes.
I was determined we could farm enough and eventually fight back luckily my team mates thought the same. After 30 minutes of pure defending we all had enough farm to fight back and kill them all, then we made one huge push from our base into theirs and leveled the place at an insane speed.

The tears in all chat felt so good.

Ultimatum

Banned
I had a match the otherday where a Juggernaut and Drow fed a bounty hunter till around 24/0 and all we could do was defend the base for 30 minutes.
I was determined we could farm enough and eventually fight back luckily my team mates thought the same. After 30 minutes of pure defending we all had enough farm to fight back and kill them all, then we made one huge push from our base into theirs and leveled the place at an insane speed.

The tears in all chat felt so good.

This only happens when the other team gets way too confident of victory and stop doing the things they need to do in order to ensure the win. I used to enjoy games like this until I realised how hard you have to throw in order to have a turnaround like this #BringGGtoMM

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
This only happens when the other team gets way too confident of victory and stop doing the things they need to do in order to ensure the win. I used to enjoy games like this until I realised how hard you have to throw in order to have a turnaround like this #BringGGtoMM

To be fair the other players on the Bounty Hunters team were all bad he was basically carrying them alone. Once they got into our base they just seemed like they forgot how to play and panicked once we started fighting back. Felt bad for him.

Manus

Ugh every time I queue in the morning it's always with people who don't speak English. I always report, the punishment should be higher than what it is already.

Pratfall

Ugh every time I queue in the morning it's always with people who don't speak English. I always report, the punishment should be higher than what it is already.

Had a great dude who picked Drow, called solo mid, typed a bunch of Russian into the chat, died once, instant AFK abandon. The opposing mid asked "where is Drow?", to which I replied "In Russia".

I had a Russian ursa one game who would not get out of solo mid, and just fed Drow the entire time.

Dude called us fucking noobs and left.

Can I get an anti-Russian filter?

sixghost

So I played Meepo earlier tonight. (for some reason Dotabuff isn't updated, otherwise I would link it)

iXsfQ2iIeewls.PNG

We lost, and some mismicros on my part contributed to that, as well as other factors. Those other factors being that Abaddon was my friend that has little Dota experience and no Abaddon experience, Razor not leveling Static Link til 15 (I'm dead serious, he didn't have a single point in it), and other factors.

I did notice the things that were consistently killing me though:

1. I can never seem to get it together to just pull the one Meepo who's health is going down back so he doesn't get hurt anymore. There was one play where I successfully did this, and the Meepo had no health, but then SF was right invis with his Shadow Blade and just killed it in one hit.

2. Riki's fucking cloud was killing me. If he got all or most of my Meepos in it, I was usually a goner. What can you do against something like this? There is no "Just buy BKB" option for Meepo, and there's no "get MKB" option either, since both of those are only on your main Meepo, and you need it to be on all of them.

And yes, Tree has two gems for two eyes.

You don't seem to have very much health. The only time you want to go BoTs after scepter and blink is if your only chance is to split push like crazy. Trying to do that against a Riki and SB seems like a bad idea.

Against Riki, remember that you have geostrike. If he throws down the cloud, auto attack him once with all the meepos, then run. He'll probably chase with his teleport, but hopefully you'll have at least one meepo outside of the smoke by then, so just toss a net on him. If you get caught in the smoke during a teamfight, it's really not that big a deal since you can still poof the other meepos in from elsewhere to do your nuke damage. Meepo is mostly right clicks anyway.

I don't know if this was posted but:

breakdown of the player userbase by region/game mode

It was patched really fast by Valve, but gives a general idea of how the pool is distributed

Solo queue pretty much in line with my thoughts, less people = more gap between player skill. It was an ambitious idea but it won't work without more people queuing for it. What time frame was this taken? US servers seem pretty empty, If this is prime time US then I'm really missing a lot of the good players.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't know if this was posted but:

breakdown of the player userbase by region/game mode

It was patched really fast by Valve, but gives a general idea of how the pool is distributed

Surprised there are so few people on the US servers, was this taken in the middle of the night for US (euro primetime?).

Yeah solo queue seems to be really unpopular, probably just an unncecessary mode that splits off 10% of the playerbase. Wasn't even necessary in the first place, but whiners gunna whine I guess. I bet 90% of the original whiners for a solo queue mode don't even play it.

Calidor

Surprised there are so few people on the US servers, was this taken in the middle of the night for US (euro primetime?).

Yeah solo queue seems to be really unpopular, probably just an unncecessary mode that splits off 10% of the playerbase. Wasn't even necessary in the first place, but whiners gunna whine I guess. I bet 90% of the original whiners for a solo queue mode don't even play it.

this was taken on a friday morning (11:20 am EST - 8:20 am PST) so no prime time for the US crowd....

regarding Solo Queue, after the last patch you select it like an additional server or language, not like a different game mode. In theory you should have more players in the pool available

Can you stun while being hooked? Otherwise I think if you shift queue Pudge's ult you'll be stopped mid stun animation.

Hook has no stun as far as I'm aware. Ministun at best. I remember using Weaver's sukuchi while being hooked to prevent him from locking me. You can basically do anything but move while being hooked.

Dreavus

Hook has no stun as far as I'm aware. Ministun at best. I remember using Weaver's sukuchi while being hooked to prevent him from locking me. You can basically do anything but move while being hooked.

While being hooked you're helpless. But if he isn't fast enough (or doesn't shift click) with is ult then sometimes you can get away before he can cast it.

Pratfall

Quick question about pulling and stacking safe lanes as support. Should I always be doing this straight away? Like, should I not even bother with denies/harass until I have the camp stacked and a wave pulled into it? I feel like I don't understand the situations in which I should/shouldn't be doing this.

Epix

I've noticed I'll randomly get a free TP Scroll in my stash without buying it. Happens like every 3rd game or so. Anybody get this?

sixghost

I've noticed I'll randomly get a free TP Scroll in my stash without buying it. Happens like every 3rd game or so. Anybody get this?

Either someone is giving the scroll to you, which is unlikely, or you are accidentally clicking the TP quick buy icon in the bottom right of the screen. The latter happens to me every so often. Just listen for the item purchase noise at odd times.

Epix

Either someone is giving the scroll to you, which is unlikely, or you are accidentally clicking the TP quick buy icon in the bottom right of the screen. The latter happens to me every so often. Just listen for the item purchase noise at odd times.

If someone is giving it to me it wont appear in my stash. Also, it's happening way too often to be a misclick of the quickbuy button. I'm going to watch a replay the next time it happens....

Artanisix

If someone is giving it to me it wont appear in my stash. Also, it's happening way too often to be a misclick of the quickbuy button. I'm going to watch a replay the next time it happens....

You're probably misclicking on the quickbuy TP. The hitbox of it extends farther than the graphic, which can lead to a lot of accidental purchases if you aren't careful.

Guys I sold my lockless luckbox for $81, what should I buy now that I'm rich?

xanavi

You don't need to shift-queue the dismember to munch people immediately after the hook. Just clicking on them while they're on the hook is good enough.

At 8 in the morning.

North Americans not skipping work for dota2 anymore. Ded gaem confirmed.

Oh also about TPs, is it possible to transfer items directly into someone's stash remotely? I asked my team for a TP yesterday while everyone was out on the map and one was dropped on the ground and the other went straight into my stash.

You're probably misclicking on the quickbuy TP. The hitbox of it extends farther than the graphic, which can lead to a lot of accidental purchases if you aren't careful.

Niiiiiice

I sold 2+ invoker popped collar.
Bought a feezle fez to keep my murrissey company (yes I have a smeevil obsession) and banked the rest for Holiday sale!

Not bad. I spent75$ in the shop and easily got that back in steam cash +alot extra.Shame we cant use steam wallet in Valve store.

Wish I could buy Michael skills or even dota skills with that cash but meh at least Ill look good being bad

lmpaler

Lawd I got DOTA 2 on my linux laptop so now I can play it anywhere. Albeit on the laptop it is much lower quality, but eh. High framerate=win. Fuck skill :p

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

rome total war 2; five days, eleven hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom