• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
but he'll learn!

The whole point of day9 is that he has a massive base of fundamental knowledge regarding starcraft which enables him to analyze the play styles and strategies of top players. This way he has an infinite content base that updates itself with the meta game and makes it interesting/engaging with his personality. Take this to dota and it would just essentially be an extended day9's day off, you need a very large amount of experience to do what he does with the daily, and he's already years behind.

The whole point of day9 is that he has a massive base of fundamental knowledge regarding starcraft which enables him to analyze the play styles and strategies of top players. This way he has an infinite content base that updates itself with the meta game and makes it interesting/engaging with his personality. Take this to dota and it would just essentially be an extended day9's day off, you need a very large amount of experience to do what he does with the daily, and he's already years behind.

But he's smart and nice and I liked watching his videos and and and and

:(

But for real, I wouldn't mind if Day9 got into casting as a new color commentator. Once up to speed he'd probably be better than many of the people that currently fill that role. Maybe move up to being an analyst after being in the scene for awhile.

sixghost

I just had a game where two guys followed me around for the first 15 minutes griefing me because I picked meepo. Trying to body block me during ganks, blocking my jungle camps with wards. Somehow we still won the game.

Conceptor

oh god

q0WuuvO.jpg

shira

Anbokr's a girl. Wow did not know.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1l6tbv/see_detailed_info_on_currently_online_players/

Hopefully the guy can recover some of the data from at least a full 24 hour period it was up, because I want to see how the US peak looks.

Korea is really small at the moment, its peak was about 6000 today.
But how many beta keys have been released? And how many of those are servicemen/foreigners playing with US accounts?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Its situational, but the general rule of thumb is that you don't go above level 3 or so.

I thought the Dagon rule was you either get LVL1 or LVL5.

Holy shit...I knew about the mana cost reduction but I never noticed the CD reduction before. 10 seconds at level 5?
Played Lion and was pushing bot with like 1/4 HP when a Clinkz ganked me at full HP.
Dagon Lvl 5 + Hex + run away for 10 seconds to turn and zap him to death with only 2 Dagon hits.
SO GOOD.

Arkanius

That was a stomp though. You could have built two Rapiers and still won probably.

Mask of Madness is only good on certain heroes, and the rest shouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Off the top of my head, I would say it is okay on these heroes:

Sven
Faceless Void
Tiny
Sniper (you better have a Shadow Blade though)
Spirit Breaker
Slardar
Night Stalker
Huskar (with the magic resistance buff you might be able to make a case for this one, but I have yet to see it)

On anyone else it is Mask of #YOLO and you should just get some real attack speed, movement speed, or damage instead.

And Drow
It's insanely powerful on Drow as well

Hylian7

So I played Meepo earlier tonight. (for some reason Dotabuff isn't updated, otherwise I would link it)

iXsfQ2iIeewls.PNG

We lost, and some mismicros on my part contributed to that, as well as other factors. Those other factors being that Abaddon was my friend that has little Dota experience and no Abaddon experience, Razor not leveling Static Link til 15 (I'm dead serious, he didn't have a single point in it), and other factors.

I did notice the things that were consistently killing me though:

1. I can never seem to get it together to just pull the one Meepo who's health is going down back so he doesn't get hurt anymore. There was one play where I successfully did this, and the Meepo had no health, but then SF was right invis with his Shadow Blade and just killed it in one hit.

2. Riki's fucking cloud was killing me. If he got all or most of my Meepos in it, I was usually a goner. What can you do against something like this? There is no "Just buy BKB" option for Meepo, and there's no "get MKB" option either, since both of those are only on your main Meepo, and you need it to be on all of them.

And yes, Tree has two gems for two eyes.

shira

So I played Meepo earlier tonight. (for some reason Dotabuff isn't updated, otherwise I would link it)

iXsfQ2iIeewls.PNG

We lost, and some mismicros on my part contributed to that, as well as other factors. Those other factors being that Abaddon was my friend that has little Dota experience and no Abaddon experience, Razor not leveling Static Link til 15 (I'm dead serious, he didn't have a single point in it), and other factors.

I did notice the things that were consistently killing me though:

1. I can never seem to get it together to just pull the one Meepo who's health is going down back so he doesn't get hurt anymore. There was one play where I successfully did this, and the Meepo had no health, but then SF was right invis with his Shadow Blade and just killed it in one hit.

2. Riki's fucking cloud was killing me. If he got all or most of my Meepos in it, I was usually a goner. What can you do against something like this? There is no "Just buy BKB" option for Meepo, and there's no "get MKB" option either, since both of those are only on your main Meepo, and you need it to be on all of them.

And yes, Tree has two gems for two eyes.

Are you using scripts?

ipUd9t6iLtUJh.png

And it's only Wednesday. . .

Hylian7

Are you using scripts?

ipUd9t6iLtUJh.png

And it's only Wednesday. . .

Nope, real men Michael without scripts.

I am trying to get better at Blink Poofing though. I try to set up the poofs, and accidentally end up on the wrong Meepo when I try to Blink due to tabbing so fast.

shira

I wonder if that was a reason why fnatic was hesitant to play meepo at TI3, those computers only had their personal SSD HD info stored. IDK if they could have had mods and extra stuff installed aside from autoexec and console settings.

Vaporak

What advice would you give to a team who complained of exactly what you just complained of? Stop all standing around in a tight pack and getting hit by aoes, that's just basic good dota positioning. Yeah it's significantly harder when you have to be controlling all 5 heroes, welcome to playing Meepo. Here's what I try and do: hotkey main Meepo to 1, hotkey 2 secondary Meepo's to 3, and the last 2 to 4. That way I can quickly control them into 3 independent packs, so if one of the packs get's in trouble, the other 2 are unaffected and can help out with nets/poof.

ksan

Nope, real men Michael without scripts.

I am trying to get better at Blink Poofing though. I try to set up the poofs, and accidentally end up on the wrong Meepo when I try to Blink due to tabbing so fast.

do you turn on quick cast when you play meepo? it makes it 594 times easier

Hylian7

What advice would you give to a team who complained of exactly what you just complained of? Stop all standing around in a tight pack and getting hit by aoes, that's just basic good dota positioning. Yeah it's significantly harder when you have to be controlling all 5 heroes, welcome to playing Meepo. Here's what I try and do: hotkey main Meepo to 1, hotkey 2 secondary Meepo's to 3, and the last 2 to 4. That way I can quickly control them into 3 independent packs, so if one of the packs get's in trouble, the other 2 are unaffected and can help out with nets/poof.

I tried something like that, but that all goes out the window when he just waits until you have the mass Poof in to go on his teammate. Ideally getting a net on Riki would keep him visible, but he will always get that cloud down first.
do you turn on quick cast when you play meepo? it makes it 594 times easier
No, is there any way I can have that for specific heroes? Also will it force me to quick cast nets? I'd definitely rather not do that for nets, only Poofs.

ksan

I prefer only having 3 keybinds for meepo, 1 for the main one, 2 for the rest, and 3 for all. Boxing is enough if you practice it a bit (and they made it better right?) and will for most people lead to better results in practice, even though there are some advantages with individual binds.
No, is there any way I can have that for specific heroes? Also will it force me to quick cast nets? I'd definitely rather not do that for nets, only Poofs.

Can't do it for specific heroes I think, but just replace the bind for the poof (w I think?) with the quick cast one every time you play meepo and then revert it.
At the very least, try it in a bot game or single player once, I can almost guarantee that you'll think it's worth it.

Vaporak

I tried something like that, but that all goes out the window when he just waits until you have the mass Poof in to go on his teammate. Ideally getting a net on Riki would keep him visible, but he will always get that cloud down first.

The issue still isn't any different than any other generic good counter initiation. "My whole team converged on one enemy and then got RP'd so we lost."

Hylian7

The issue still isn't any different than any other generic good counter initiation. "My whole team converged on one enemy and then got RP'd so we lost."
Right, but with any other carry, you have the option to buy BKB against Riki. With Meepo you don't get that option, because his game is his burst from multiple Poofs, then the stacking Geostrikes. It just is you basically shouldn't pick Meepo against a Riki because he counters that pretty hard. RP wouldn't be so bad for Meepo, as long as you don't have all of them caught in it and one is free, you can Poof the free one in and net the Magnus. With a Silence and miss chance, you can't do that.

SamVimes

Right, but with any other carry, you have the option to buy BKB against Riki. With Meepo you don't get that option, because his game is his burst from multiple Poofs, then the stacking Geostrikes. It just is you basically shouldn't pick Meepo against a Riki because he counters that pretty hard. RP wouldn't be so bad for Meepo, as long as you don't have all of them caught in it and one is free, you can Poof the free one in and net the Magnus. With a Silence and miss chance, you can't do that.

You need to keep your Meepos always separated, if one gets caught out all the other one poof in. If a riki is being such a pain in the ass i would even skip the blink and get an eblade asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom