• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played Beastmaster for the first time. Am I supposed to get a huge amount of kills, or is BM picked more for his stuns? Because our team was really well fed, but I only had like 3 kills, but we won anyway.

I enjoy playing solo offlane with him as Dire. just sit in lane soaking XP. If they zone you out, go stack ancients and catch up later. I usually build necro first with him but in light of the few good matches Xiao8 had with him at TI3, I might just rush aghs first with him.

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up xp wise when supporting. I partied up with a bunch of really good players for two games, and got behind really fast, even compared to other supports on the team. I just have no idea how to keep up. Gold is also an issue when supporting. Maybe I should get more involved in ganks early on? In later teamfights I just melted before I even got a single spell off though.

Calidor

any of you guys are participating in the CEVO Season 3 tourney?
Since registration is free and the timezone works for me I'm trying to assemble a team and get my ass handed :)

shira

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up xp wise when supporting. I partied up with a bunch of really good players for two games, and got behind really fast, even compared to other supports on the team. I just have no idea how to keep up. Gold is also an issue when supporting. Maybe I should get more involved in ganks early on? In later teamfights I just melted before I even got a single spell off though.

You supposed to get levels and gold from assists. Pull creeps as best you can.
Playing support is like living on welfare - stretch that dollar for the most cost effective items.
Smoke > boots
salve --> carry

Idiots who steal early exp/gold from the carry just lose late game. But nobody cares in pubs because they report you if you are not as leveled as the carry - duh.

You supposed to get levels and gold from assists. Pull creeps as best you can.
Playing support is like living on welfare - stretch that dollar for the most cost effective items.
Smoke > boots
salve --> carry

Idiots who steal early exp/gold from the carry just lose late game. But nobody cares in pubs because they report you if you are not as leveled as the carry - duh.

Yeah I get out of the way of the carry as much as I can. And when not in a party I usually have to transition into a semi-carry if I can because after 10 seconds I notice my carry is auto-attacking creeps...

shira

Yeah I get out of the way of the carry as much as I can. And when not in a party I usually have to transition into a semi-carry if I can because after 10 seconds I notice my carry is auto-attacking creeps...

wpwp

What the heck
I got a rare chest?
I was sure I was supposed to get a Mythical one...

Anyway, opened it, got the Flail of Omexes.

PWmLWvq.jpg

yeah those things are bugged as fuck. if that dc is real . . .

SprnVNO.jpg

Shoulda been a gaffer

What does the Dawngate guy do?

Also, the week isn't over yet, maybe it will be anther Thusday test patch!

yesterday's patch really felt like it was cleaning up the last few pre-TI3 things they had in the backlog to make room for the post-TI3 updates starting today.

The patch was really random and really small, it just seemed like something was up.

What does the Dawngate guy do?

Also, the week isn't over yet, maybe it will be anther Thusday test patch!

He's pretty zzzz

renzo3.jpg

Waystone has revealed their newest and most flamboyant Shaper to date in Renzo, the Sculptor.

He is a melee based bruiser/support who specializes in CC and displacement. Renzo uses a new resource called Inspiration. Inspiration is built by his melee attacks and by his Q ability, Inspiring Strike. When Renzo has 5/5 stacks of Inspiration, his W and E abilities are empowered and their effects are enhanced.

Passive – Fists of Inspiration – When Renzo basic attacks an enemy he gains a large boost in armor for a short period.

Q – Inspiring Strike – Renzo hammers target enemy, dealing 280(+X) damage and gaining 1 Inspiration. Hitting an enemy Shaper will generate 2 Inspiration.

W – Renzo’s Embrace – Shields target allied Shaper for 240(+X) and increases their armor by 30 – Fully Inspired: The target is also healed for 210(+X)

E – Kinetic Sculpture – Renzo fires a rupture of stone at a target enemy, dealing 200(+X) damage and stunning them for 1(+X) seconds *The duration of the stun scales off of power. Fully Inspired: the target’s armor is reduced by 35(+X) for 3 seconds

R – Masterpiece – Renzo creates an area of mud in targeted area that slows enemies, after a brief delay a gigantic statue of Renzo bursts from the ground dealing damage and knocking Shapers directly underneath straight up and surrounding enemies away from the center.

Also I just looked at the dawngate reddit and the people there are surprisingly intelligent and eloquent.

Nymerio

Utility hero. Stuns, slows (boar), flying vision (hawk, also 2gud) and attack speed bonus for your carries.

I enjoy playing solo offlane with him as Dire. just sit in lane soaking XP. If they zone you out, go stack ancients and catch up later. I usually build necro first with him but in light of the few good matches Xiao8 had with him at TI3, I might just rush aghs first with him.

You might not get a lot of killing blows but that doesn't really matter. He has huge lockdown, provides map vision, and is great at pushing. Think of him as a utility solo.

Thanks, I thought that I wasn't doing that bad, it's just that the enemy team was complaining about some of their heroes being low on kills, and our SK said I was low as well so it evens out. Anyway, the hero is fun to play, that stun is really powerful and always being able to scout things out is amazing.

Low Tier
any of you guys are participating in the CEVO Season 3 tourney?
Since registration is free and the timezone works for me I'm trying to assemble a team and get my ass handed :)

lol

Dispersion is a great spell, but getting it too early is kind of pointless, as its a % of your total hp pool that's being dispersed, and since spectre doesn't have the best stat gain, its kind of pointless just reflecting up to 22% of like 700 hp. Dispersion becomes a monstrous ability later in the game, when she picks up her heart and can just dish out so much damage while punishing any damage she receives. If you're thinking of picking up points because you're being harassed too much, then obviously your supports aren't doing their job properly in creating a safe vacuum for spectre to farm in.

Maxing desolate is probably the best way to go, as it allows you to get a ton of kills in your lane with the right setup, as well as immediately make you a global threat as soon as you hit 6.

shira

lol

Dispersion is a great spell, but getting it too early is kind of pointless, as its a % of your total hp pool that's being dispersed, and since spectre doesn't have the best stat gain, its kind of pointless just reflecting up to 22% of like 700 hp. Dispersion becomes a monstrous ability later in the game, when she picks up her heart and can just dish out so much damage while punishing any damage she receives. If you're thinking of picking up points because you're being harassed too much, then obviously your supports aren't doing their job properly in creating a safe vacuum for spectre to farm in.

Maxing desolate is probably the best way to go, as it allows you to get a ton of kills in your lane with the right setup, as well as immediately make you a global threat as soon as you hit 6.

If you are in an unorganized trench pub it is almost better to get 1 dagger, stats and desolate with ults starting at level 14-15-16.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm still a big fan of getting a lever of dispersion between 2 and 4. 10% extra HP is worth the skill point, since the alternatives are 50 more magic damage or a point in stats.

Low Tier
I'm still a big fan of getting a lever of dispersion between 2 and 4. 10% extra HP is worth the skill point, since the alternatives are 50 more magic damage or a point in stats.

the alternative is increased ms+slow on your dagger, which provides both a chasing mechanic as well as an escape mechanic. And again, that 10% of like 650 hp isn't worth wasting a skill point on compared to leveling dagger more.

lol

I like skilling dispersion on spec, even maxing it first at times. I'd even go as far to argue that dispersion is the best skill to max if you're thinking of playing an aggressive play style, the main thing that keeps spec out of fights is that he's often times too squishy and sending your carry to the front lines to get nuked is risky, dispersion diminishes that risk and gives you aoe damage output for it. Off of good farm you can get phase/drums/vit booster before say 14 min, which gets you a good 1200ish hp or 1400EHP and 264 potential aoe dmg.

The trade off is either extra slow and a nuke, or higher potential dmg output. Having a low level dagger slow will cost you kills, i'd say at least once every other game or so, if not once per game. The benefits of maxing desolate early aren't really as clear, mainly because it's a conditional skill it's really hard to gauge just how effective this skill is early game where fights aren't as messy and people can group up more easily.

Aaron

Also I just looked at the dawngate reddit and the people there are surprisingly intelligent and eloquent.
I just played two games of Dawngate. People were surprisingly polite even though I sucked ass. Game feels like a refined version of LoL without much in the way of Dota 2 DNA. Was fun. I liked it. It's a more casual MOBA when you're not up to the serious concentration that Dota 2 requires. Plus everyone gets free wards (and no one uses them). I think it has a bright future, though it needs a lot more heroes.

shira

Wait, so what's the lineup now?

Aui, bone, sing, pieliediesightie, and EE?

I'm assuming if there is a weekend tourney we could see Agod.

The roles are interesting though - Aui on 4

so

EE1
Sing2?
Bone3?
AUI4
PLD5

I guess dignitas is folding into EG and TL or something.

Vaporak

My Meepo is improving, but I keep getting games where the rest of the team loses the game around me and I have no room to farm or do anything useful.

This one was definitely an example of that: http://dotabuff.com/matches/291772645

In terms of farm dependency, you have the #2, 7, and 15 all on the same team. This sounds less like them falling apart around you and losing the game for you, and more like an all too greedy draft on the part of your team.

I like skilling dispersion on spec, even maxing it first at times. I'd even go as far to argue that dispersion is the best skill to max if you're thinking of playing an aggressive play style, the main thing that keeps spec out of fights is that he's often times too squishy and sending your carry to the front lines to get nuked is risky, dispersion diminishes that risk and gives you aoe damage output for it. Off of good farm you can get phase/drums/vit booster before say 14 min, which gets you a good 1200ish hp or 1400EHP and 264 potential aoe dmg.

The trade off is either extra slow and a nuke, or higher potential dmg output. Having a low level dagger slow will cost you kills, i'd say at least once every other game or so, if not once per game. The benefits of maxing desolate early aren't really as clear, mainly because it's a conditional skill it's really hard to gauge just how effective this skill is early game where fights aren't as messy and people can group up more easily.

I think Desolate makes the most out of your ult early on when you don't have radiance or diffusal. The 65 pure damage from you illusions' attacks makes you far more effective if you haunt/reality into a teamfight or gank than the extra slow from dagger or AOE damage from dispersion does.

Hylian7

Can someone watch this replay and tell me how we could have won this game, because I am honestly not sure?

Basically I felt like we lost it in the first ten minutes because they had a trilane top and cut the lane. Warlock TP'd top to help, but their trilane was better than ours so we did nothing. Spectre freefarmed and Pudge constantly came top. How we were supposed to win this? We couldn't get a single tower.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/291792869

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Can someone watch this replay and tell me how we could have won this game, because I am honestly not sure?

Basically I felt like we lost it in the first ten minutes because they had a trilane top and cut the lane. Warlock TP'd top to help, but their trilane was better than ours so we did nothing. Spectre freefarmed and Pudge constantly came top. How we were supposed to win this? We couldn't get a single tower.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/291792869

Oof, I assume it was an Omni-WD-Spectre lane? Yeah, I can totally imagine that even being a split second out of position was a death.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How the heck do I watch a replay of a game I didn't play? I coulda sworn there was a button on Dotabuff last week but I can't find it now. I also can't find a way to search a match ID in game. Also a bunch of my matches give me a "replay unavailable" message when I go to them.

Hylian7

How the heck do I watch a replay of a game I didn't play? I coulda sworn there was a button on Dotabuff last week but I can't find it now. I also can't find a way to search a match ID in game. Also a bunch of my matches give me a "replay unavailable" message when I go to them.

Yeah, go to watch, recent games, and use the field for match IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom