• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DV you are lost bro. Also I PM'd you.

Also also, I won my first game as carry today (3rd time playing one). As Luna I went 18-4-28 I think in a 61 minute game. We were down a rax first because my team was feeding Ursa and not warding. But both teams had wonky support players.

Flanking a 5 man team on your rax solo is not a good idea when they have initiation and we don't. Some people are just so bad it boggles my mind. New respect for Slark though in team fights vs melee carries. Lifesaver along with Disruptor.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Making Void completely useless as Silencer is so satisfying. Use ult or run away? If they didn't abandon I would have left him with nothing.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Yet again another painful loss due to the first pick not picking Spirit Breaker. When will they learn. Might as well just do all pick again.

BraXzy

I think one of the funniest moments in this game, is when a hero uses a channel ability, (whether it be black hole/witch doctor ult etc.) which would turn the tide of a battle, but forgets/doesn't know it is channelled so they move and it fails and lose. I know I've done it.

shira

I think one of the funniest moments in this game, is when a hero uses a channel ability, (whether it be black hole/witch doctor ult etc.) which would turn the tide of a battle, but forgets/doesn't know it is channelled so they move and it fails and lose. I know I've done it.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This is becoming my favourite dota stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/natalie

It's just normal Dota, not like watching Dendi or Blitz or anything, but it's a really fun bunch of people.

natalie said:
Q: ARE YOU HOT?
A: Most likely, yes. I live in New Mexico, it gets hot here. But I have a fan, thanks for your concern anyway. :>

zzz

What's with the onslaught of quality, awesome Nyx sets? After having only one set for months suddenly Valve accepts 2 of them in a row and has one in the wings and now Nyx sets seem to be everywhere...

solid mike

You can control it by left clicking it to select it and right clicking someone. I don't know how it priortizes heroes, I think it's just whatever is closest.

Thanks. Got a couple of kills with Death Ward but I still suck using this guy. Need to play more.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There will likely be a small patch tonight, to add the Star Ladder VII ticket, since that starts tomorrow. Maybe we will get more hats too.

it's so trivial for them to add new hats to the game it'd be weird if they didn't at least do one or two sets. There's a number of nice sets submitted this week, including one for Bristleback, who doesn't have any items currently and not many submitted.

There's also a Nyx set and a Skywrath set that are both accepted already and not implemented. Last week they did some texture work on the Nyx set. Also Dazzle and Death Prophet sets that are supposed to be in soon, and that mysterious Windrunner set that was shown off at TI3 that is probably getting in.

And it would probably take them like an hour to implement them all...

KingKong

What's with the onslaught of quality, awesome Nyx sets? After having only one set for months suddenly Valve accepts 2 of them in a row and has one in the wings and now Nyx sets seem to be everywhere...

maybe because 'nyx nyx nyx nyx nyx' is so fun to say. sometimes I catch myself walking down the street humming it!

I decided to play support alch today and just wanted your guys opinion on my skill build/item build. http://dotabuff.com/matches/292210396

I did screw my self over by the self stun, need to get used to range of that. It was also insane how fast I built the Mek despite dcing and dying a couple of time.

I played support alch once...fed hard during laning phase, won a huge team fight mid game, bought mjolner and then transitioned into a late game carry.

I hate that DOTA2 is nominated for best online game but not best multiplayer game..Makes no goddamn sense.

Good lord, I could watch Iceiceice play invoker all day. force staff past a guy while dropping an ice right on top in the perfect position.

I hate how GTA5 is nominated for game of the year even though its not even out yet, while dota 2 isn't.

Nymerio

I'm enjoying this game a lot more since I stopped playing random draft and went back to single draft and all random. Now I get to play carry once in a while and it's awesome!

You guys going to play any more tournament games tonight?

Also what were you guys thinking in that gyro naga cm lane after getting killed over and over again? (which still didn't give the alchemist trilane any advantage)

Zeth

I've suddenly started getting this #cef_error_header-6 error in the client, can't see any of the network pages like home/store/library. Did some googling but haven't found anything definitive - possibly firewall related. Only thing I've done recently was tether my phone to the pc, but everything else has been fine since. Any thoughts?

edit: tried verifying cache - maybe reinstall?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
ASuzZVx.gif

#ESPORTS

shira

I've suddenly started getting this #cef_error_header-6 error in the client, can't see any of the network pages like home/store/library. Did some googling but haven't found anything definitive - possibly firewall related. Only thing I've done recently was tether my phone to the pc, but everything else has been fine since. Any thoughts?

edit: tried verifying cache - maybe reinstall?

happens all the time in place of the store

Artanisix

You guys going to play any more tournament games tonight?

Also what were you guys thinking in that gyro naga cm lane after getting killed over and over again? (which still didn't give the alchemist trilane any advantage)

First kill: JESUS CHRIST 109 WHY WERE YOU TANKING CREEPS
Second kill: JESUS CHRIST BZM WHY WERE YOU STANDING WHERE YOU HAD ZERO VISION

Overall though we didn't mind all that much. Both of our other lanes were winning HARD and we were keeping Alchemist down, so it was nothing but win win win. Definitely could have been played better though, we had much stronger tri v tri if the levels were equal.

Not sure when the grand final is, I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom