• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Read matt's post, still seems like a decent patch in the end.

Just wonder where LC is :(

Also Twitch has some nice changes coming/happening that might improve twitch a bit.

LC is being touched by the artists that got their hands on Medusa.
Remember Medusa which was practically finished and then went missing for 2 months and came with a facelift?

I bet the same thing is happening

Radec

I'm sure they will come up with a better model..

Remember this?

0227092ff562ac4faa59cb8cc2caa1bd_content_large.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
As always in random draft my team has first pick and doesn't pick the cheapest unbalanced hero first. Then the other team does and they proceed to destroy us.

Of course I get the hero that destroyed my idiot teams in the last 2 games and then this person abandons.

Haunted

Oh the fantasy items are out, neat.
3 stars 757 fantasy points.
Looks like 750 is the cutoff for three stars, I had 728 and got a 2 star box. Should've sold it, but eh.

Also, 24/44 predictions. Got almost none of the player predictions right. >_>

BraXzy

instead of pipe, butterfly. bkb in kill supports deal with the rest.

I had a butterfly at one point but I couldn't stand to a zeus refresher ult on top of everything else their team had.. I should have probably gone with the heart, ahh well!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://dotabuff.com/matches/290941593

Most exciting game I've played in Dota so far. Love it when a shit talker (the Drow) has his match thrown. That guy was rubbing it in when we were getting our butts kicked but we still managed to turn it around and won a real close one. Friend got his timer run down and stuck with Chen, poor guy. Nobody on our team could believe we won this. Still seems like nonsense. Our base was in shambles on the final push.

First game I used Bane I thought he might be the worst hero in the game due to his terrible mana pool, but I've won every game I've played with him since then. His disables and lockdowns are so nuts.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Anyone know what's up with pro players constantly double tapping their hero select key to lock the camera on their dude, and then immediately pull the camera out to where they're looking at....a thousand times in 5 seconds?

I can't tell if this is some kind of move to keep their fingers limber (APM) or if they're just constantly trying to see if something is right next to them. The moves feel too frantic to be checking anything, so I have to imagine it's either being used to gauge distance to the area or just keeping their APM up.

Anyone know?

Random video of SingSing doing it (not as frantic or quick as I see him doing it these days, but you get the point)

Red UFO

Anyone know what's up with pro players constantly double tapping their hero select key to lock the camera on their dude, and then immediately pull the camera out to where they're looking at....a thousand times in 5 seconds?

I can't tell if this is some kind of move to keep their fingers limber (APM) or if they're just constantly trying to see if something is right next to them. The moves feel too frantic to be checking anything, so I have to imagine it's either being used to gauge distance to the area or just keeping their APM up.

Anyone know?

Random video of SingSing doing it (not as frantic or quick as I see him doing it these days, but you get the point)
I think it's just to check nothing bad is close to his hero? I know he's only moving the camera a little bit out but I guess that's why he's a pro.

Acinixys

Most exciting game I've played in Dota so far. Love it when a shit talker (the Drow) has his match thrown. That guy was rubbing it in when we were getting our butts kicked but we still managed to turn it around and won a real close one. Friend got his timer run down and stuck with Chen, poor guy. Nobody on our team could believe we won this. Still seems like nonsense. Our base was in shambles on the final push.

First game I used Bane I thought he might be the worst hero in the game due to his terrible mana pool, but I've won every game I've played with him since then. His disables and lockdowns are so nuts.

2 Meks?

Why? They dont stack :/

Nirvana

Well, could have been worst. I like that is has two tags on it lol

Mine has 'the international 2012' as a secondary tag, got the Crown of the Comet's Tail for Morphling. Don't play the hero, but out of sentimentality I'll probably keep it. Unless I can get a better one, then fuck sentimentality.

That Drow looks pretty smurftastic to me. Also, you guys got carried pretty hard by Viper and by the looks of it, a few good Warlock ults, but kudos nonetheless!

2 Meks?

The aura doesn't, but it can almost be a worthwhile early game push strat to have two meks, if you have 2 rushers on your team, like Chen and Dark Seer for instance. 500 burst heal does wonders at the 15 minute mark!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2 Meks?

I just got mine in the final few minutes of the match. Sold off my Soul Ring and got it since I had a bunch of money and wanted to make sure we had a second heal in case. It was do or die time. It ended up saving Viper's ass when we were trying to throne when they started to die and buyback.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I like playing as tiny because you get to smack things with a tree and also toss people

LiQuid!

Oh shit, my bad. I knew getting 2 meks was bad because of the armor but now there's even less of a reason to get two.

Yeah it's normally useless, but I didn't want to chance Chen dying with our only one when we were making our final push. Like I said, I bought it within 5 minutes of the game being over.

So I was trying out Lone Druid in a bot game yesterday and I realized life would be so much easier if my middle mouse button controlled the bear's actions.

Is there any way to make it so middle mouse button controls the bear, while right mouse button controls Druid and have this only effect Lone Druid and no other hero?

TommyT

Well if you don't use them at the same time (which you generally wouldn't anyway) it still works. Not that I'm saying it isn't generally a bad idea, but it can work.

The aura doesn't, but it can almost be a worthwhile early game push strat to have two meks, if you have 2 rushers on your team, like Chen and Dark Seer for instance. 500 burst heal does wonders at the 15 minute mark!

I'm not advocating two meks is always a bad idea. You yourself specifically talked about a 500hp stacking heal, which can not happen. Now you're saying you wouldn't generally use them at the same time, so I don't know where you're at on this anymore.

Seriously gotta give props to valve for the compendium. I sold my prophets bounty for $25 yesterday. It's ridiculous how much value that thing has given to all parties involved.

Nirvana

I'm not advocating two meks is always a bad idea. You yourself specifically talked about a 500hp stacking heal, which can not happen. Now you're saying you wouldn't generally use them at the same time, so I don't know where you're at on this anymore.

I guess my description was a little shaky, I meant that you have 500hp worth of heal to use, 500 hp that is a burst heal, rather than 500hp all at once. Not particularly clearly put.

I would say that although it generally isn't a good idea to get two meks, there is value in having two on a team. Hopefully put a little more clearly there, sorry about that :/

TommyT

Fucking NoTail is so entertaining to watch. Playing Rhasta and he Shackles, makes the noise "brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr" as it channels. Great streaming personality.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Fucking NoTail is so entertaining to watch. Playing Rhasta and he Shackles, makes the noise "brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr" as it channels. Great streaming personality.

SingSing / H4nni / NoTail are all very easy to watch. They just seem to have fun.

Deadly

Seriously gotta give props to valve for the compendium. I sold my prophets bounty for $25 yesterday. It's ridiculous how much value that thing has given to all parties involved.
Damn 25$? What's the best thing it can give? Should have considered selling mine...

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

I'll advocate it for you then. Two meks is always a bad idea.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I didn't even realize I could sell mine. I probably should have, but oh well. I got a Tickled Tegu - and the only other couriers I own are shitty greevils and a Moroks

I didn't even realize I could sell mine. I probably should have, but oh well. I got a Tickled Tegu - and the only other couriers I own are shitty greevils and a Moroks

Yeah, I've come to realize with the luck I have with lock boxes in general, it's best for me to sell and buy what I want from the store.

BraXzy

Ugh. Annoying Russians that join your server are possibly the bane of this game. Currently in a game as lifestealer, our Silencer (Russian) decided he should be mid even though we had Storm Spirit mid. I needed him to support me in lane since our Furion was cliff jungling >.> he decided against it, so then I got owned multiple times being on my own against a lone druid. And now waiting for the game to end. It's my fault though obviously.

Oh and I just hopped in storm spirit with ult, and he went "Haha gey in gey" so mature

Ugh. Annoying Russians that join your server are possibly the bane of this game. Currently in a game as lifestealer, our Silencer (Russian) decided he should be mid even though we had Storm Spirit mid. I needed him to support me in lane since our Furion was cliff jungling >.> he decided against it, so then I got owned multiple times being on my own against a lone druid. And now waiting for the game to end. It's my fault though obviously.

Oh and I just hopped in storm spirit with ult, and he went "Haha gey in gey" so mature
You can rage out of entangle so I don't see how you could solo die to a ld unless you were where you shouldn't have been.

BraXzy

You can rage out of entangle so I don't see how you could solo die to a ld unless you were where you shouldn't have been.

Because Lone Druid was left to free farm, so before I knew it, he didn't need a tangle to kill me, sure I probably didn't do the best job against him but it's just the fact had silencer been a normal person, he would have been able to harass and support.

Artanisix

Lone Druid is actually a pretty easy person to lane against solo as Lifestealer. Feast works on his bear so you get tremendous amounts of sustain in that lane.

Tobe

I find your skill build a little odd, You didn't max anything by 7 and you finished up dispersion first. Any particular reason?

i dont max dagger as i find it more of a escape early game, yeah it couldve gave me a kill here or there but i rather survive. couple of points in desolate helps with damage output a bit i dont need the 4 levels since everyone dies by a couple of nukes and 3~4 right clicks.

for some odd reason value dispersion way above everything else. the tankiness is too good.

Nymerio

Just played Beastmaster for the first time. Am I supposed to get a huge amount of kills, or is BM picked more for his stuns? Because our team was really well fed, but I only had like 3 kills, but we won anyway.

Just played Beastmaster for the first time. Am I supposed to get a huge amount of kills, or is BM picked more for his stuns? Because our team was really well fed, but I only had like 3 kills, but we won anyway.

Utility hero. Stuns, slows (boar), flying vision (hawk, also 2gud) and attack speed bonus for your carries.

Artanisix

You might not get a lot of killing blows but that doesn't really matter. He has huge lockdown, provides map vision, and is great at pushing. Think of him as a utility solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom