• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

And now I'm having a game where a Spirit Breaker got a Dagon in 11 minutes and we lost the game because the team fed him. I can't seem to win a Meepo game now.

Karakand

http://dotabuff.com/matches/290941593

Most exciting game I've played in Dota so far. Love it when a shit talker (the Drow) has his match thrown. That guy was rubbing it in when we were getting our butts kicked but we still managed to turn it around and won a real close one. Friend got his timer run down and stuck with Chen, poor guy. Nobody on our team could believe we won this. Still seems like nonsense. Our base was in shambles on the final push.

First game I used Bane I thought he might be the worst hero in the game due to his terrible mana pool, but I've won every game I've played with him since then. His disables and lockdowns are so nuts.

When I saw that you'd posted our gamelog itt, I knew exactly how the thread would react (in premise, not in the specific poor play we engaged in), lol.

Randdalf

The game I played earlier today... I pick Anti-Mage and get given Silencer as safe lane support (or so I think) despite KOTL being on our team. Dark Seer is the offlaner on the enemy team. Silencer then proceeds to not only auto attack the lane, but doesn't even attempt to zone out Dark Seer who is being a nuisance as usual. So I'm stuck with barely any last hits (24 by 10 minutes, which is pretty bad), and when I do go for them I get a ton of ion shell harass, which eventually forces me to go back to base as Silencer uses all the regen on himself. Ironically, our team then proceeds to win the game 65-4 (largely from Clockwerk and Spirit Breaker going HAM on the other team), despite a hard carry who has essentially lost his lane to his own team mate.

How do you guys deal with people who just don't know or care how to lane the accepted way?

Also, the game I played directly afterwards is one of my favourite games I've played in, literally end to end stuff. http://dotabuff.com/matches/291718175 (I'm the Lifestealer, my friend is the Clockwerk).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
When I saw that you'd posted our gamelog itt, I knew exactly how the thread would react (in premise, not in the specific poor play we engaged in), lol.

Replay still unavailable. I wanna relive the magic of force staffing myself into a cluster of trees and then pinging myself to make sure the entire team could laugh at me while I waited for the cooldown.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
caster: "open wounds is a great stun to keep alch in range of visage."

I will still never get over "Treant Protector wasn't nerfed, he was just made more fair" from caster in the Giant Bomb Tourny.

Also, while minor, the caster doesn't seem to understand what changed about Storm's model scale (And that it was undone), and thinks it had something to do with Static Remnant.

Hylian7

Alright, I've come to realize that a lot of heroes counter Meepo. You can't buy a BKB on him so what can you do. What exactly does Meepo work against?

shira

Alright, I've come to realize that a lot of heroes counter Meepo. You can't buy a BKB on him so what can you do. What exactly does Meepo work against?

You need a synergysm - troll warlord, naga siren, wisp.
Just forcing the pick regardless of other choices is daffy.

Lose early game: Check.
Win anyway: Check check.

So true

edit: leel caster kicked

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
think stream dropped, just spec off me ingame ^^

WE WON EVEN THOUGH I FED EARLY YAY

Yeah, its a shame, since I did still like listening to the guy.

That kill on Rubick near the end was silly. He could have just zipped to the fountain, but didn't do it till the bug already did the last tick of damage.

shira

ACE League will be inviting the top 3 at TI3 for a 3-month stay in China.
http://dotaland.net/2013/08/30/ace-alliances-king-makes-statement/
BS4fYm1CcAEpf32.png:large

Orange with no mushi? I doubt Alliance or Navi going to go unless the prize pool is insane.

ElyrionX

So I have a question about matchmaking. I am a Dota 1 vet (constant play from 2004 - 2008) but only started seriously playing Dota 2 a few weeks ago. After more than 80 games, I've got a good handle on things in Dota 2 including recognising the various spells and their graphical and sound effects and the substantial changes to many heroes and such.

However, it's been quite frustrating sometimes because I either stomp complete noobs or I get stomped when the noobs are on my team. There is rarely an even and balanced game. So I'm wondering if this ever improves as I accumulate more battle points (and get mm with people with more experience) or does it only ever really improve if I can make it into the higher mm tiers?

Second, if I'm partying in a full slate of 5, does mm make it more likely that I end up facing another party of 5 or is it random like regular mm? If the latter, does it automatically mm my team with people of higher level but solo queueing? It just feels like everytime I party with 4 other people, the games I get tend to be much harder than usual.

Edit: Never mind. Found the answers and a lot more after some googling. But seems like a lot of people complained about mm after the game was released.

Three horrible horrible horrible games on a row... last one we had TA (me), drow, sniper, earthshaker and broodmother against OD, Batrider, Spirit Breaker, Slark and Venomancer..... should be illegal.

GorillaJu

I wonder if Gofu is talkative in tournament matches. Would be downright spooky if all you ever hear from him was "top missing" or "careful, rune taken" etc.

Not sure if I'd want to live in that world personally.

Hylian7

So if you guys saw on stream...that was certainly a game. I'll just start off the story with this screenshot from the end.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/291967218

First of all, yes, those are my items on the ground. They are a Refresher and BKB. I'll explain those in a minute.

The game was Captains Mode, we were a 5-stack, KotL had connection problems and kept disconnecting, but then at 30-ish minutes he straight up abandoned. Things were getting scary at that point. Prophet could split push, but SB and I were doing well, as well as Weaver. Weaver decided to buy a Rapier, and eventually bought two more Rapiers. These rapiers changed hands many times.

Eventually, I got a hold of one myself, and we wiped the team. People tried to fight me in groups of 1-2, dropping the other two rapiers, right in front of their ancient. I picked them both up, dropping my BKB and Refresher, now having three Rapiers.

So basically, we were 4v5 for 45 minutes, with Rapiers changing hands constantly, and WON!

solid mike

Hey guys, in my 5 years of playing DotA, I've never used Witch Doctor. Only times I remember were via random.

As I cast Death Ward, which heroes does it aim for? Can I control it? Any other tips?

profit

So if you guys saw on stream...that was certainly a game. I'll just start off the story with this screenshot from the end.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/291967218

First of all, yes, those are my items on the ground. They are a Refresher and BKB. I'll explain those in a minute.

The game was Captains Mode, we were a 5-stack, KotL had connection problems and kept disconnecting, but then at 30-ish minutes he straight up abandoned. Things were getting scary at that point. Prophet could split push, but SB and I were doing well, as well as Weaver. Weaver decided to buy a Rapier, and eventually bought two more Rapiers. These rapiers changed hands many times.

Eventually, I got a hold of one myself, and we wiped the team. People tried to fight me in groups of 1-2, dropping the other two rapiers, right in front of their ancient. I picked them both up, dropping my BKB and Refresher, now having three Rapiers.

So basically, we were 4v5 for 45 minutes, with Rapiers changing hands constantly, and WON!

Yeah I caught that game on stream, you had +920 damage at the end :p

Hylian7

Hey guys, in my 5 years of playing DotA, I've never used Witch Doctor. Only times I remember were via random.

As I cast Death Ward, which heroes does it aim for? Can I control it? Any other tips?

You can control it by left clicking it to select it and right clicking someone. I don't know how it priortizes heroes, I think it's just whatever is closest.

Sibylus

Banned
Not a stellar game for me, but first game of Dusa since the rework to my knowledge: http://dotabuff.com/matches/291982217

Found I wasn't really missing the Linken's Sphere all that much, though given the lineup I steered toward stats and tanking up a bit so that I could safely screen for the Juggernaut and Weaver. In the end though, I think they were so far behind that my farm was less needed and just a compounding factor.

Gofu

Banned
I wonder if Gofu is talkative in tournament matches. Would be downright spooky if all you ever hear from him was "top missing" or "careful, rune taken" etc.

Not sure if I'd want to live in that world personally.

most of the time I just breathe heavily into the mic and moan spontaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom