• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

ChE9fZc.jpg

Ended my 8 game losing streak, fucking hngggg take that shit HNGG HNGG FUCKING TAKE IT

Lack of Mask of Madness makes me sad :(

Mordeccai

Just played my first game as Alchemist in a single draft. What an intense game. I was facing heavy harass from Death Prophet and Tinker for the first 10 minutes, go basically no farm.

Came back with a vengeance wielding assault curiass, mjolnir, abyssal blade, divine rapier to wrap up a 60 minute game.

Also got to play as Razor for the first time and he's pretty cool. Love the way he snipes off last hits.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn has broken me free from DOTA 2's grasp.

I still play DOTA 2 every night D:

BraXzy

Just had an insanely tense match with Ursa, we were against a much better farmed and levelled Lifestealer who could almost teamwipe us on his own. Thankfully we played the long haul and managed to win. We would have lost had the enemy team had any co ordination, the amount of times they could have probably attempted a throne but didn't. It was an hour and ten minutes long though, ugh, it drains your soul. We managed to get mega creeps but then got wiped out, they couldn't do anything but defend, but they were doing a good job of it, so when I spawned, I TP'd onto a creep roaring into the heart of the enemy and invis'd to the throne to give it most of the damage it needed to die :D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/290663523

The funniest part was teamfights: Either their team disintegrated in seconds, or ours did, or that's what it felt like.

Just had an insanely tense match with Ursa, we were against a much better farmed and levelled Lifestealer who could almost teamwipe us on his own. Thankfully we played the long haul and managed to win. We would have lost had the enemy team had any co ordination, the amount of times they could have probably attempted a throne but didn't. It was an hour and ten minutes long though, ugh, it drains your soul. We managed to get mega creeps but then got wiped out, they couldn't do anything but defend, but they were doing a good job of it, so when I spawned, I TP'd onto a creep roaring into the heart of the enemy and invis'd to the throne to give it most of the damage it needed to die :D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/290663523

The funniest part was teamfights: Either their team disintegrated in seconds, or ours did, or that's what it felt like.
Lifestealer could had done better items with that farm.

Sibylus

Banned
ok ok now imagine if ethereal blade worked on enemy bkb (no dmg ofc)
Would make them for intents and purpose invincible, slowed and unable to attack. Would really cripple the lowest levels of BKB (such that the lowest duration would give you one second's worth of autoattacking).

Dunno, it seems like it'd be a really volatile change with a lot of unforeseen consequences. Self-use and ally use as it is is already pretty compelling in Ethereal Blade vs BKB situationss.

Boken

Banned
Would make them for intents and purpose invincible, slowed and unable to attack. Would really cripple the lowest levels of BKB (such that the lowest duration would give you one second's worth of autoattacking).

Dunno, it seems like it'd be a really volatile change with a lot of unforeseen consequences. Self-use and ally use as it is is already pretty compelling in Ethereal Blade vs BKB situationss.

ok ok now imagine if blade mail damage went through BKB

BraXzy

Just had a 1 v 4/5 as Ursa. An early abandon meant no stats so everyone bar me left on my team, I thought meh keep going. Sold all their stuff so I got their gold, bought really good items that were simply unobtainable, and spent the past hour trying to win solo. Unfortunately they played the long haul game and waited for themselves to get strong enough to outdo me. I couldn't handle the split push, even with boots of travel. And then I got nuked down by their Zeus, Enchantress, Spirit Breaker and Rubick in a "team" fight. I nearly won at one point, I got their rax down or half down but it wasn't to be. It was funny because I had enough money to buy a divine rapier after I lost my first, with enough to buy the items I'd already got, over again. If anyone wants to watch the replay for lolz

http://dotabuff.com/matches/290714497

EDIT: Could anyone think of a better 6 slots? I couldn't decide what to have, I had a butterfly at one point but destroyed it when I got my rapier back. I kept vlads for the life steal, should I have got rid? I didn't get a pipe till towards the end because, well I didn't think of it.. But yeah.

vwPvesU.png

Tobe

EDIT: Could anyone think of a better 6 slots? I couldn't decide what to have, I had a butterfly at one point but destroyed it when I got my rapier back. I kept vlads for the life steal, should I have got rid? I didn't get a pipe till towards the end because, well I didn't think of it.. But yeah.

vwPvesU.png

instead of pipe, butterfly. bkb in kill supports deal with the rest.

Shepard

Man, forgot how bad the community of this game can be. It was a while since I got a really bad team, but it was a random draft and we aready had a Necro/Axe/Slark and Bristleback, and they wanted me to pick Faceless Void. I went Treant instead. We won but damn if I didnt have to mute all of them 10mins in the game. MM, solo queue game, of course.

Kreunt

Banned

Swap pipe for a heart. HP = damage

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/290834781

Just came back from a really huge disadvantage. Early to mid game didn't go well, we were behind. I was particularly behind. I didn't get Boots of Travel until 25 minutes, but that was when things really started picking up, as well as with the Clockwerk. I got Scythe, and things got even better, we could deal with the Ursa and Nature's Prophet with ease. I would wait for them to show up on someone, and then go to down with the Sheeps and Rearms.

We lost two lanes of rax, kept winning fights, and came back to go down the mid lane and win the game. By that time their respawns were apart, we had my Blink Dagger and Clockwerk's Hookshot to pick off anyone that stood back as we went down mid, and went straight for the Ancient.

JustinBB7

Read matt's post, still seems like a decent patch in the end.

Just wonder where LC is :(

Also Twitch has some nice changes coming/happening that might improve twitch a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom