• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats are delaying LC. They want people to be able to pick between 2 one handed swords or one two handed sword and breaking down the model to support this is giving them trouble.

Source: Some guy at Reddit who went to TI3.

Hats

Also apparently they just added her voice script about 5 minutes ago?

Can't they put her in and just not accept items for her (and not break down the model) until they're ready for it?

I mean, it's not like they showed any issue with letting shit like NS' disappearing wings before.

That's an interesting way to sell a ticket

Rather than the ticket coming with the set, the set comes with the ticket.
dota_item_resonant_vibrance_set_large.f741dfa222294f841f1e63c8813d45ea4a033c32.png

Rubick with a condom on his head...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
God damn is there a lot of Tournaments going on tomorrow.

In the United States, you have the MLG NA Lan Open Qualifier, starting at 2PM EST. Going to have a ton of Best of 1s, though I don't know if any of it will be streamed.

In Europe, you have the StealSeries Euro Cup's Qualifiers. starting at 11AM EST. Though the site says only Round 7 and up will be broadcasted on Dota TV, and if I am counting them right, that is actually next weeks game. But Valve did patch in the ticket at the last second, so maybe something will be shown Saturday.

Also in Europe, you have Star Ladder Season 7, starting at 11AM EST, with a total of 4 matches scheduled, kicking it off with KP vs the Russian Team, CDCD.

And a third in Europe, you have Netolic's Pro League, Group C duking it out, consisting of Next.KZ, Team Life, Think Smart, and Pain Gaming AR. Starts at 1PM EST.

In the African Nation of Algeria, you have the Electronic Sports World Cup Regional Qualifications (Two Best of 1s, and then a Best of 3), at 5AM EST.

Finally In Asia, you have the Rapture Gaming Network League, starting at 8AM. Watch the excitement of top tier teams Rattle Snake and MUFC duke it out!

Razzle Dazzle

Neo Member
Why can't Rubick get nice gear ever?

Wait what? "Midas is an items for people who have an inability to farm"??? I don't get what you are saying.

Sorry for the late response but I did say he somehow forgot how to farm. I do agree with you on what you are saying but I said otherwise

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hats are delaying LC. They want people to be able to pick between 2 one handed swords or one two handed sword and breaking down the model to support this is giving them trouble.

Source: Some guy at Reddit who went to TI3.

Hats

Also apparently they just added her voice script about 5 minutes ago?

That sounds like the kind of thing you could patch in later, unless they wanted to have her change between stances for Duel.

shira

God damn is there a lot of Tournaments going on tomorrow.

In the United States, you have the MLG NA Lan Open Qualifier, starting at 2PM EST. Going to have a ton of Best of 1s, though I don't know if any of it will be streamed.

In Europe, you have the StealSeries Euro Cup's Qualifiers. starting at 11AM EST. Though the site says only Round 7 and up will be broadcasted on Dota TV, and if I am counting them right, that is actually next weeks game. But Valve did patch in the ticket at the last second, so maybe something will be shown Saturday.

Also in Europe, you have Star Ladder Season 7, starting at 11AM EST, with a total of 4 matches scheduled, kicking it off with KP vs the Russian Team, CDCD.

And a third in Europe, you have Netolic's Pro League, Group C duking it out, consisting of Next.KZ, Team Life, Think Smart, and Pain Gaming AR. Starts at 1PM EST.

In the African Nation of Algeria, you have the Electronic Sports World Cup Regional Qualifications (Two Best of 1s, and then a Best of 3), at 5AM EST.

Finally In Asia, you have the Rapture Gaming Network League, starting at 8AM. Watch the excitement of top tier teams Rattle Snake and MUFC duke it out!

Half those pro games are going to be filled with standins

Swig_

I have forgotten how good Lycan is. Early-game harrassment with wolves. Early to mid-game impact with ult and Howl which all scales nicely into a very strong late-game. Almost too good of a carry.

Have they buffed him? I never saw him in a year of playing and now I've seen him a bit more recently. I'd like to try him, but I always hear about how bad he is.

Have they buffed him? I never saw him in a year of playing and now I've seen him a bit more recently. I'd like to try him, but I always hear about how bad he is.
He's not bad. But before the wolves could solo supports, now they die too fast. Everything about him is the same, only the wolves were nerfed.

Sibylus

Banned
First game in TMM: Got destroyed by a 5-healer team, with both Chen and Enchantress on that team. We needed some devours (or come to think of it, high powered nukes, we more or less just let them have their draft without thinking overly hard about what we could do to counter).

Razzer

Hi guys, so I've been playing this game for 200 hours now according to steam (though a lot was from watching TI3), really enjoying it all so far. However, I'm noticing that in fights when i have more than 3 active skills and items to use really quick i get flustered and screw up things or forget to use mek or something. Any advice on how to improve my apm and responses in general? Thanks in advance.

Wunder

Hi guys, so I've been playing this game for 200 hours now according to steam (though a lot was from watching TI3), really enjoying it all so far. However, I'm noticing that in fights when i have more than 3 active skills and items to use really quick i get flustered and screw up things or forget to use mek or something. Any advice on how to improve my apm and responses in general? Thanks in advance.

I had some DOTA1/HoN experience before playing DOTA2 so I might be totally off base, but when playing with friends who are completely new to the genre but have a basic understanding of the game down, the teamfight aspect of the game is probably the next step in improving your game. How I like to approach teamfights is generally look at everything that could happen, the best possible scenario as well as the worst.

Take into account each of your spells and items and tell yourself consciously exactly when you should be using them. A lot of players I see get trigger happy and blow everything they can the second a fight breaks out. With that in mind, you should be able to approach each fight with an idea of how each item/skill you have works and you can utilize them more efficiently.

Razzer

I had some DOTA1/HoN experience before playing DOTA2 so I might be totally off base, but when playing with friends who are completely new to the genre but have a basic understanding of the game down, the teamfight aspect of the game is probably the next step in improving your game. How I like to approach teamfights is generally look at everything that could happen, the best possible scenario as well as the worst.

Take into account each of your spells and items and tell yourself consciously exactly when you should be using them. A lot of players I see get trigger happy and blow everything they can the second a fight breaks out. With that in mind, you should be able to approach each fight with an idea of how each item/skill you have works and you can utilize them more efficiently.

Thanks, will keep this in mind. It helps that i actually enjoy practicing and training myself in this game.

As with many things, continued practice and the experience gained over time will improve your game. You'll know what to do more instinctively. And it really is just practice, handling different situations over and over again. Dota is so complex that you'll rarely see something play out exactly the same way twice, but you can learn to anticipate patterns and probability of what is likely to happen and how to react appropriately.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haha, after two days of mostly great Dota, matchmaking fucking destroyed me today. This is mostly all with the same 3 man queue:

Can't even count the amount of ABSOLUTE garbage players and leavers we saw tonight. And we had some guys against us that were like 600+ hours of Dota played, and we're all like 50-100 hours total. MM conspiracy theorists unite.

Detox

"I have two hands"

Amazing.
I don't get why they are trying to understand the logic, by the time I realised I had dragged the diffusal into quick buy after buying one already it was too late. We were winning anyway so it didn't matter much if I tried to salvage it.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
4 Russians. No support heroes/wards the entire game.

You can bet I wanted the other team to win. One of those games you know you already lost.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Probably dropped in a game. That's the new item notification thingy that they patched in during the latest group of patches.

Oh, maybe I missed a post-game award when I was busy trying to erase the memories and closed the results screen early. :D

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Why didnt you surrender?

It was more funny to watch them horribly fail at teamwork and of course them calling me an American pig. That's a popular "insult" they like to use.

arimanius

So as a noob should I do random pick and single draft and just try to do the best I can or do all pick? I'm tired of doing limited heros.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So as a noob should I do random pick and single draft and just try to do the best I can or do all pick? I'm tired of doing limited heros.

Yeah, stop with limited heroes. I would do a few games of All Pick to try and get a feel of the heroes, play what you want and just make sure you have the mechanics down.

Then I would play some of the modes that force you to play different heroes, like SD, RD, and AR.

LiQuid!

All modes seem to have some kind of downside that can make them daunting for a newbie, but you can really play any mode and have a good chance at getting a hero that won't be too hard to grasp.

Keep in mind that if you play single draft you won't be able to swap characters with your team, so it really helps if you communicate while picking to make sure you don't end up with 5 hard supports or 5 hard carries. I've had some of my worst games in single draft,

If you trust yourself to try new heroes there's nothing wrong with all pick, or least played. When you're starting out, least played might as well be all pick. You will just have 3-4 heroes unavailable, and it will also lessen the chance that someone who is really good at say Pudge, Spirit Breaker or Huskar being able to pick them and pub stomp your team like you will get in 99% of the All Pick games you play.

I stopped doing limited heroes after 2 games or so. You learn a lot more from playing with and against more heroes. I only play RD and SD(preferably in a party with both), that way you don't limit yourself to learning to play only a couple of heroes and force yourself to try out a wider variety of heroes.

I would've never found out that I like playing as Dark Seer and Magnus if I exclusively played AP, let alone limited heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom