• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Vampire Matthew is op nerf plz icefraud

alien invaders
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

SamVimes

How does armlet spectre work. You armlet before haunt so the images get extra hp?

The attack speed would be much more important. I'm guessing he just wanted cheap HPs and since Vanguard's block was completely useless against that lineup armlet was a much better choice.

Snowdrift

The community in this game. SMH. I'm playing a single draft game, and before we start we all discuss our hero picks. Blue picks Morphling and proceeds to have a mediocre early game so he rotates mid. After dieing, he types in all chat, "none of my team speaks English", knowing full well that the entire team speaks English. Apparently the fact that we can/cannot speak English would have prevented him from dieing.

Anyways. Is Midas a necessity on Doom? I had a failed gank, and as a result I figured since I wouldn't have the Midas up before the 8-9 minute mark, that I would just use the gloves of haste on boots instead. I see a lot of guides recommend it. I'll almost always pick it up on NP because it is also a good pushing item, but I'm not exactly sure whether it is a necessity on Doom.

Edit: Also, what is the best creep to devour with Doom after you no longer need the spell to farm quickly. I ended up just sticking with Troll so that I could use the net to keep people from escaping.

fusionedd

Neo Member
The community in this game. SMH. I'm playing a single draft game, and before we start we all discuss our hero picks. Blue picks Morphling and proceeds to have a mediocre early game so he rotates mid. After dieing, he types in all chat, "none of my team speaks English", knowing full well that the entire team speaks English. Apparently the fact that we can/cannot speak English would have prevented him from dieing.

Anyways. Is Midas a necessity on Doom? I had a failed gank, and as a result I figured since I wouldn't have the Midas up before the 8-9 minute mark, that I would just use the gloves of haste on boots instead. I see a lot of guides recommend it. I'll almost always pick it up on NP because it is also a good pushing item, but I'm not exactly sure whether it is a necessity on Doom.

Doom snowballs faster with Midas and Eat stacking on each other. It's not required though.

So is Least Played actually better to try out new heroes, or is it better to just do it in All-Pick? I've been playing Least Played the last couple days but there seems to be some real pros in there.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So is Least Played actually better to try out new heroes, or is it better to just do it in All-Pick? I've been playing Least Played the last couple days but there seems to be some real pros in there.

Both modes are going to match you up with people around your skill level (ideally). It's just down to which mode you prefer.

ViviOggi

Edit: Also, what is the best creep to devour with Doom after you no longer need the spell to farm quickly. I ended up just sticking with Troll so that I could use the net to keep people from escaping.

If you plan on hitting things look for an Alpha Wolf. Satyr Tormenter (big red one) with its amazing 4 HP regen aura really helps with early game jungling or staying on lane.

Bit of controversy going on in HoN, Team USA are currently playing in the loser bracket finals of a HoN tournament but right now 3 of the team are playing in the Dota 2 MLG qualifiers. Bit ridiculous that they tried to play both

KingKong

Single draft is so much more enjoyable than all random it's not even funny. People are actually friendly and talkative! it's nuts

KingKong

all random is only fun when someone gets Chen or something and I know that at my MMR they're going to do jack shit with him, and also that person is not on my team

I really like Random Draft. It's like a more casual captain's mode. If you get teammates who communicate you can actually get a pretty good draft.

Had my first Ancient jungling match as Medusa. http://dotabuff.com/matches/295420326
Was just sort of winging it as far as items and skill build went early as I only vaguely remember the video guide I saw. Linken's is so nice against SB, I could actually split push and farm in peace. Also shallow grave can be infuriating. Nothing worse than seeing a hero just walk away in a team fight with no health.

Atlantis

I really like Random Draft. It's like a more casual captain's mode. If you get teammates who communicate you can actually get a pretty good draft.

Had my first Ancient jungling match as Medusa. http://dotabuff.com/matches/295420326
Was just sort of winging it as far as items and skill build went early as I only vaguely remember the video guide I saw. Linken's is so nice against SB, I could actually split push and farm in peace. Also shallow grave can be infuriating. Nothing worse than seeing a hero just walk away in a team fight with no health.

Lina's items.

Chris R

Alchemist is so much fun when you get stacked with items. Even more fun is seeing ranged people not run away when I charged at them with half health and destroy them.

BraXzy

So yeah.. I cannot play Lone Druid.. at all :S

I was offlane against a tri, just couldn't harass without being killed thanks to banes lockdown and tide hunters slow :S

RS4-

So yeah.. I cannot play Lone Druid.. at all :S

I was offlane against a tri, just couldn't harass without being killed thanks to banes lockdown and tide hunters slow :S

I think vs a tri lane you' just end up abandoning the lane and go jungle, or you sit at tower, while you use the bear to cut off the lane and bring creeps to you.

I think.

Anteo

I think vs a tri lane you' just end up abandoning the lane and go jungle, or you sit at tower, while you use the bear to cut off the lane and bring creeps to you.

I think.

No man, the bear should be able to solo the tri at their tower, its like 1400 hp and 27 damage at level 1!! he should be able to 2 hit all of them.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man, I seriously wish dota had jukes like this. Like even I'm not a LoL player and I have to admit this is why LoL is more popular and watchable, seriously that is some amazing display of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom