• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Honestly think all 4 of the new CM heroes will be picked up quite frequently (including ET). ET is a complete monster, it's just these heroes are so new you can't really judge them based on the August stats. September will give a better picture. ET was picked up a few times today and dominated.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd like to say that, before ET becomes popular, I was already on the train.

Chris R

Losing a game you should have had locked sucks so damn much :( We only had 4 people though so I guess I shouldn't be too angry about the loss :(

Honestly think all 4 of the new CM heroes will be picked up quite frequently (including ET). ET is a complete monster, it's just these heroes are so new you can't really judge them based on the August stats. September will give a better picture. ET was picked up a few times today and dominated.

He's beastly. He's more like follow-up initiation than first right?

dekjo

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but still pretty new to the game: will bkb protect against sniper's mini-stun? What about the slow from drow ice arrows? Was caught alone by both as skeleton king and just melted.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but still pretty new to the game: will bkb protect against sniper's mini-stun? What about the slow from drow ice arrows? Was caught alone by both as skeleton king and just melted.

Dota wiki is your friend: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Magic_immunity

To answer your question specifically, the extra damage from headshot goes through but not the mini stun. And no, the slow doesn't go through magic immunity.

aeolist

Banned
it bothers me when i'm watching pros or people like purge or wagamama stream and they go "yeah we basically lost because my teammates did xyz" and they themselves do shit like buy blink daggers on every single hero whether they need it or not

if you need bristleback tips or want to learn how to "create space" for your team to farm

if3AYxY.png

the radiant didn't even know what hit them

what a player

KingKong

it bothers me when i'm watching pros or people like purge or wagamama stream and they go "yeah we basically lost because my teammates did xyz" and they themselves do shit like buy blink daggers on every single hero whether they need it or not

Ive never really been impressed by Purge or his youtube guides tbh

Wait really? But it was based on bash in oldDoto! Bash is supposed to go through bkb!
I thought it was different if you're ranged or melee. Melee bashes are physical so they get the bash but not the extra damage, but ranged bashes get the damage but no bash. Goes without saying I'm talking about it's interaction with magic immunity.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

NBtoaster

I thought it was different if you're ranged or melee. Melee bashes are physical so they get the bash but not the extra damage, but ranged bashes get the damage but no bash. Goes without saying I'm talking about it's interaction with magic immunity.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Basher: Bash goes through magic immunity (no damage)
Abyssal: Bash goes through magic immunity (no damage)
Monkey King Bar: Both damage and bash blocked by magic immunity
Sniper: Bash blocked, damage is not
Slardar: Both bash and damage go through magic immunity (as of 6.78)
Spirit Breaker: Damage blocked, bash is not
Troll Warlord: Damage blocked, bash ?
Faceless Void: Damage blocked, bash is not

Boken

Banned
So wait, I get the "juke" thing, but before even that why do they both try to teleport away?

um, I dont know if anbokr got it either, but its a joke. blue team had basically already lost, so the blue dude was just mucking around, trying to waste time. the red jungler joins in the teleport shenanigans in good humour.

the jukes were fake too, so the red jungler didnt try to hit him.

if you watch the player cams, theyre both just laughing

um, I dont know if anbokr got it either, but its a joke. blue team had basically already lost, so the blue dude was just mucking around, trying to waste time. the red jungler joins in the teleport shenanigans in good humour.

the jukes were fake too, so the red jungler didnt try to hit him.

if you watch the player cams, theyre both just laughing

this is what surrenders cause

Basher: Bash goes through magic immunity (no damage)
Abyssal: Bash goes through magic immunity (no damage)
Monkey King Bar: Both damage and bash blocked by magic immunity
Sniper: Bash blocked, damage is not
Slardar: Both bash and damage go through magic immunity (as of 6.78)
Spirit Breaker: Damage blocked, bash is not
Troll Warlord: Damage blocked, bash ?
Faceless Void: Damage blocked, bash is not

Troll warlords bash goes through magic immunity.

I should heed my own advice. It's all here: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Bash

What I said was basically right (except for slardar) but since there is only one ranged hero with a bash, sniper is more of the exception than just being ranged, so it's kind of silly to say it's a ranged/melee thing I guess.

in your framework, D3, TL2 and Dota2 and LoL really just depends on which games you like more.

here is better:

diablo 2 = dota
diablo 2 HD= dota 2
diablo 3 = lol
poe = hon

Except when it comes to aesthetic. Diablo 3 has more in common with Dota 2 in terms of feel while Lol = Torchlight.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
guys this is fun, can I try?

Baldur's gate = original dota
dragon age: origins = HoN
dragon age 2 = LoL
dragon age 3 = dota 2 ????

Tobe

ive been meaning to do thi for while now, tho i always forget about it.

i really want to thank kagete and moppet for letting me have a chanceto go to ti3 without them i wouldve sat home watching ti and just me mad about not going. thanks guys it really meant a lot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
TI3 Discussion = Dota
Anything involving EE/Singsing = HoN
Drawing analogies between completely unrelated things = LoL

in your framework, D3, TL2 and Dota2 and LoL really just depends on which games you like more.

here is better:

diablo 2 = dota
diablo 2 HD= dota 2
diablo 3 = lol
poe = hon
I don't see why you'd want to draw a parallel between a game you like and Diablo 3.

Nirvana

Just translated, it's pretty horrible and rough but here it is: "NaVi existing lineup is already at a glance, Ars-Art re-return, TI3 before adding the K-God and Funn1K leave, he sent the last one candidate now, and what will be? Let us wait and see!

More information DOTA2 team, please pay attention to 178 to bring you up reports."

Seems like Funn1k might be leaving :(

Tobe

ars art coming back to navi? nice :) tho i still think kuro did a better job than funn1k, so its cool that kuro stays in my book hope he doesnt go.

Boken

Banned
I don't see why you'd want to draw a parallel between a game you like and Diablo 3.

i am unbiased and the pool of dotalikes dont give me much choice.

besides, i dont think the core game of of diablo 3 is that bad, but AH = runes

TI3 Discussion = Dota
Anything involving EE/Singsing = HoN
Drawing analogies between completely unrelated things = LoL

Fountain hooks at Ti3 = the hype if singsing joins navi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom