• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

New Na'Vi lineup incoming?

172092723363.jpg

Isn't this just a really old pic that was never updated after they changed their lineup

Nirvana

Isn't this just a really old pic that was never updated after they changed their lineup

Based on that horrible translation I thought it was a new post about Funn1k leaving, but reading it again it mentions K-God, which I guess would be Kuroky and the picture with ARSART in the lineup makes me think you might be right and the translation is just really, really bad.

Stick with it, you definitely have the late game, sooner or later you will get there.

by late game do you mean up to 0 - 50?

My worst heroes so far are:
Huskar 2 - 8
(I think I have pinpointed my main problem , which is using burning spears at all points of the game)
Leshrac 1-7
(So squishy and always end up with no items because of support duty, always the first to die)
Broodmother 2 - 8
(I found going BKB instead of Orchid is more suited for my playstyle but I have to get around a few games more to see if this is the case)

Nymerio

Huskar 2 - 8
(I think I have pinpointed my main problem , which is using burning spears at all points of the game)
Leshrac 1-7
(So squishy and always end up with no items because of support duty, always the first to die)
Broodmother 2 - 8
(I found going BKB instead of Orchid is more suited for my playstyle but I have to get around a few games more to see if this is the case)

Leshrac's damage output is crazy if you can get a couple items. If you activate edict and his ulti people begin to melt all over the place.

elyetis

Who do you think is the most underplayed or underappreciated hero?

Ancient_Apparition.png
It's ult is one of the most fun skill in the game. Sniping a low life ennemy with it is just such a good feeling.

But i'm not fond of it's other skill and don't feel really that usefull during the laning phase, mostly because his skills cost far too much mana.

It's ult is one of the most fun skill in the game. Sniping a low life ennemy with it is just such a good feeling.

But i'm not fond of it's other skill and don't feel really that usefull during the laning phase, mostly because his skills cost far too much mana.

Try putting some points into Chilling Touch, it's awesome on lane, especially if you have a ranged lane partner. On level 1, it gives you +50 bonus magic damage for 3 auto attacks. Assuming that you are on a dual ranged lane and both of you get all three attacks off, that's 300 magic damage from the bonus damage alone, with 50 damage per hit for each attack, that's another 300 (physical) damage. You could try something like a Viper + AA dual lane.

edit: I think I'm 0-7 with Morphling. I never liked playing that hero.

Nymerio

AA is my favourite hero. To get the most out of Cold Feet you need Eul's though. Ice Vortex is also pretty nice and has a really good range. Chilling Touch though I feel like is pretty useless. I rarely even put a point in it. Ice Blast on the other hand is an amazing spell. Landing it feels awesome.

I'll have to try putting more points into Chilling Touch, but I feel like I get more utility out of his other spells. I usually get 2 or 3 clarities and try to get the Sage's Mask ASAP.

Edit: Hm, Chilling Touch may actually be crazy good if I manage to hit both me and my laning partner with it... I'll try that next time I get AA.

Razzer

Watching AdmiralBulldog's stream for the first time.

Comedy fucking gold. lol

I've found that i enjoy lot's of the streaming pros, mostly sing, bulldog and notail although ice3 was pretty fun as well. Not only are they entertaining but you see them do things that help when you play the game as well, i'd like to think you very slowly pick up good habits by osmosis.

Nymerio

I've found that i enjoy lot's of the streaming pros, mostly sing, bulldog and notail although ice3 was pretty fun as well. Not only are they entertaining but you see them do things that help when you play the game as well, i'd like to think you very slowly pick up good habits by osmosis.

Watching TI3 and streams has been a revelation for me and a friend. It's like we saw for the first time how to play this game properly. You see lots of little things that help you improve your game.

try priortizing chilling touch if you're not laning with someone who could synergize with your stun (naga or ck). Chilling touch is amazing early game damage.

KingKong

- taking year off school, shades of EE

taking a year off unless youre NaVi or Alliance or a top Chinese team seems so incredibly stupid. Like does he really think he has a chance to win TI4 or a bunch of major tournaments to make it worthwhile?

shira

taking a year off unless youre NaVi or Alliance or a top Chinese team seems so incredibly stupid. Like does he really think he has a chance to win TI4 or a bunch of major tournaments to make it worthwhile?

tumblr_mrcbenJ2SM1szrbvpo1_500.png

Depends. Merleezy was able to go from streaming to TI3 analyst desk and BTS contract in little under a year. Aui has made bridges, not burned them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Uhg, I wish Twitch made it easier to edit video details. It took a solid 45 minutes just to add titles, descriptions, and markings to be saved to those MLG Open games I horribly casted.

Also, why is there still no option to split up a video or merge two videos together.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Huskar 2 - 8
Leshrac 1-7
Broodmother 2 - 8

Your problem with Huskar is probably that you don't play with Ghost Scepter.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I find drow fun at times, since I am horrible at farming and she is one of the least farm dependent carries in the game (Though is very level dependent)

SamVimes

Let's do this again: mid doesn't have to gank, some heroes especially are much better off sitting in the lane until they hit key levels/items and then transition to a teamfight.

So stop fucking telling me to gank the trilane spectre before 10 minutes as Invoker, especially if i'm the one getting ganked and i'm still 3-0.

Let's do this again: mid doesn't have to gank, some heroes especially are much better off sitting in the lane until they hit key levels/items and then transition to a teamfight.

So stop fucking telling me to gank the trilane spectre before 10 minutes as Invoker, especially if i'm the one getting ganked and i'm still 3-0.

sounds like you should have ganked

SamVimes

http://dotabuff.com/matches/296344491
This one, i feel i could've done much better but this game was so stupid that it wouldn't have mattered much. I didn't see an Aghs Furion in ages too.
Also this game isn't laned how you would think (using common sense), there were fights between Alchemist and Furion before the creeps spawned.

SamuraiX-

so

is it wrong to play heroes I like instead of heroes I'm good at?

Not at all. Always good to get experience with as many heroes as you can so you have a better idea of how to synergize with them when they're on your team and how to properly engage them when they're on the opposing team.

profit

First time playing CM, she's a pretty fun hero! Her ult combined with Faceless Void's ult is pretty deadly too if he can manage to grab a big group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom