• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

RubxQub

I know people shit-talk on Tobi, but I love his casting style so much when things are going apeshit.

JustinBB7

Yea that was a fun game. Plus it had some of the older heroes like Windrunner/Enigma being played, and Tobi shines when there are good shackles/holes.

I know people shit-talk on Tobi, but I love his casting style so much when things are going apeshit.

I don't like how every word out of his mouth sounds anxious/overstressed.
Like every single thing that happens (literally) is a huge moment.

It's exhausting to listen to and really grates on my ears.
What he says is good I just wish he'd calm down, I can't watch his streams for more than an hour before I get a headache.

It's the football commentator approach I guess, I hate it.

RubxQub

I don't like how every word out of his mouth sounds anxious/overstressed.
Like every single thing that happens (literally) is a huge moment.

It's exhausting to listen to and really grates on my ears.
What he says is good I just wish he'd calm down, I can't watch his streams for more than an hour before I get a headache.

He's definitely got a funny cadence, but it's worth it. I get more and more pumped up as crazier and crazier shit starts happening and Tobi's decibel level and disbelief climb with it.

I watch the Rosh Pit Disaster video from TI2 at least once a month.

de1irium

I liked Tobi until I heard AC (ayesee?) cast. I can actually listen to him.

I like Tobi's hype when there's hype stuff happening, but I agree with Sneaky that he needs to calm down a little in general.

Sliver

Ayesee is loud, obnoxious and uses stupid terms constantly. Most of the BTS guys are alright, I've really come around to LD. Tobi and The Capitalist is a duo I can get behind, though.

Artanisix

Ayesee is loud, obnoxious and uses stupid terms constantly. Most of the BTS guys are alright, I've really come around to LD. Tobi and The Capitalist is a duo I can get behind, though.

YOU ARE SO WRONG IT HURTS

Ayesee is THE BEST, especially when paired with a pro player.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Couldn't disagree more, I really don't like the BTS crew, LD least of all. Gross.

Sliver

Honestly I'd rather listen to Korean commentary over all of them, even if I can't speak it. If I watched in Dota TV I probably would never enable broadcasters.

RubxQub

Ayesee is good, but his level of excitement just doesn't get me as into it as Tobi's does.

Either way, Tobi or Ayesee with a pro co-caster is always my preference.

BTS people are good. It's like listening to a bunch of friends cast.

Tobi is good in small doses.

Lumi is good for this video.

Ayesee is an excellent, radio-like caster. Probably the most professional sounding of the bunch.

Filth

Donno if this has been posted yet, but ill leave it right here.

techies.png

Etnos

Banned
BTS people are good. It's like listening to a bunch of friends cast.

Tobi is good in small doses.

Lumi is good for this video.

Ayesee is an excellent, radio-like caster. Probably the most professional sounding of the bunch.

I don't like tobi at all, IMO Ayesee is the best one by a long shot.

Ayesee has too many catchphrases. That would be my one complaint for him as something to cut back on. Him solo is alright, but he's much better when paired with a professional player. He does have the best voice though. Same goes for Tobi, though he's maybe a bit better by himself.

BTS crew and GD studio are probably the most reliably listenable to me now, though Lumi can be fairly grating at times.

Synderen + anyone is pretty amazing though.

shira

sephi22

Just had the best game with Witch Doctor. Probably my best game in Dota 2 yet. Was the second person to die in the game, but then I got a double kill in my lane, roamed and started assisting the other lanes, got a fast Aghanim's Scepter and then just melted their entire team in teamfights.

Their team was weird. One guy with 20 wins, two with 300+ wins and two at about 100. We were a 5 man stack. That's why this victory isn't as sweet as I like to think it is. Still, super fun. Why isn't this hero picked more in competitive Dota? He's very good in pubs. (I'm 4-0 with him and I'm shit at this game).

Dotabuff. I bought that Mek at the end at their well because I had too much gold and nothing to buy.

Sibylus

Banned
Head = full of steam

Most caster catchphrases just roll with the flow, but that one's so peculiar that it jars me every single time.

Dahbomb

Just had the best game with Witch Doctor. Probably my best game in Dota 2 yet. Was the second person to die in the game, but then I got a double kill in my lane, roamed and started assisting the other lanes, got a fast Aghanim's Scepter and then just melted their entire team in teamfights.

Their team was weird. One guy with 20 wins, two with 300+ wins and two at about 100. We were a 5 man stack. That's why this victory isn't as sweet as I like to think it is. Still, super fun. Why isn't this hero picked more in competitive Dota? He's very good in pubs. (I'm 4-0 with him and I'm shit at this game).

Dotabuff. I bought that Mek at the end at their well because I had too much gold and nothing to buy.
Pubs like to group together, stay in a single spot and not have a lot of CC which is ideal for WD. Still though I am surprised that Sniper didn't give you much trouble, he can cancel your ulti easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom