• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

I've got 16 hours in game. Almost all were spent playing games against bots. Started the tutorial yesterday.

I think I am now ready to play against people (i'm so dead). Before I do...does anyone know of a decent guide on item progression? I've read the item guide on the purge website, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a guide that walks you through actual progression. I'm trying to figure out what items I should be building towards depending on the role I play.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I've got 16 hours in game. Almost all were spent playing games against bots. Started the tutorial yesterday.

I think I am now ready to play against people (i'm so dead). Before I do...does anyone know of a decent guide on item progression? I've read the item guide on the purge website, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a guide that walks you through actual progression. I'm trying to figure out what items I should be building towards depending on the role I play.

Well there are ingame guides so why don't you use those? Just follow the suggested route.

I would still suggest reading the highest rated guide on playdota.com first though. Sometimes the highest rated ingame guides are shit. It's rare, but it still happens.

Choose your hero before you start the match and read up on him beforehand.

Exuro

Have you tried out any in game guides?

bueno

what does support sven do late game though?

dunno, I wouldn't recommend sven as support. Not fun and not too effective. He could probably work as a support for beginner bracket but abusing the hell out of cleave and god's strength is his real dealio.

Batman being added to Infinite Crisis, time to switch to the best moba.

Ken

Blink in

Press Q

Press E

Die

o ok i can do that

dunno, I wouldn't recommend sven as support. Not fun and not too effective. He could probably work as a support for beginner bracket but abusing the hell out of cleave and god's strength is his real dealio.

Batman being added to Infinite Crisis, time to switch to the best moba.

what do you mean by abusing cleave and his ult

i'm guessing you mean don't play him support since he can't abuse those skills?

Card Boy

Banned
I want this Volvo.

637x358.resizedimage

o ok i can do that

what do you mean by abusing cleave and his ult

i'm guessing you mean don't play him support since he can't abuse those skills?

Pretty much. Two of his skills scream carry. I liken it to playing necro in the 4/5 position, its possible but it is not efficient.

Stormbolt pretty imba but it isn't too crazy past 20 mins.

If you want a beefy support or iniator try jakiro, tidehunter, beastmaster, omni, ogre magi. They're all pretty item independent and can still do some pretty wtf damage and spells while being tanky.

I like that QoP set. It's well made and looks good. It's gonna be in anyway with 5 stars and over 1500 ratings.

---

And the only legitimate reasons for playing carries in sub-optimal support positions (compared to just grabbing other heroes) is to a) throw people off and/or b) be greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom