• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desaan

Matchmaking in this game is beyond shit, in fact it's possibly the worst experience I've had in an online environment, totally discouraging for new players. A friend and I started playing 2 weeks ago and are now finding ourselves matchmaking v's people with 600-700+hrs playtime or more, whilst everyone on our team is seemingly sub 80 hrs.

That's a massive experience disparity and we aren't learning anything other than this a waste of our time.

Matchmaking in this game is beyond shit, in fact it's possibly the worst experience I've had in an online environment, totally discouraging for new players. A friend and I started playing 2 weeks ago and are now finding ourselves matchmaking v's people with 600-700+hrs playtime or more, whilst everyone on our team is seemingly sub 80 hrs.

That's a massive experience disparity and we aren't learning anything other than this a waste of our time.

Just means that they didn't learn shit in all that time and that you might have learned quick. The match making is better than you think.

JustinBB7

Just means that they didn't learn shit in all that time and that you might have learned quick. The match making is better than you think.

I dunno man, I just had a game where our void thought he was a support. And he warded the same place twice. But he went safe and then jungled while the support Lina had to take the lane..

His profile was hidden but he only had 1 commendation. Guessing he has below 20 wins/games. Where I'm at over a thousand games...

Hylian7

Where the hell did I read that the initial teleport on Relocate doesn't break channeling? I swear I read that somewhere.

Apparently I was wrong though, after attempting Epicenter relocates twice.

Vaporak

How many matches have you played + link your dotabuff if you're actually confident about this. My guess is that you are actually pretty close to 50/50 win/lose or you have exceedingly few matches.

Arkanius

Guys I can't for the love of god play as Nightstalker. I always fail my ganks, end up dying, losing XP and money and being useless.
I'm not sure on what I'm doing wrong

I start with silence, nuke and then attack until Nuke comes up again

Hylian7

Guys I can't for the love of god play as Nightstalker. I always fail my ganks, end up dying, losing XP and money and being useless.

Make sure you silence who you actually need to silence, for instance that Level 4 Faceless Void won't do anything to you, you want to silence his support.

Boken

Banned

tower dive them

Mordeccai

Bloodseeker is actually shit though.

I had to do a doubletake when I read this. He is my favorite hero to play as, have a 9-1 W/L record with him so far. His early game sustain is completely ridiculous with any half way decent support making some room for you to get last hits for the regen. Once you hit level 7 and have rupture + 2 points in the chase skill its fucking game on. If you aren't roaming and putting pressure on people to force them out of lane once you hit 7 you're playing BS wrong. Give him an urn and phase boots and he can chase down anybody. Top it off with a last hit on the kill and you usually get plenty of HP to come back if you tower dive or wait for a reinforcement to come in if another hero is on to you.

Plus he snowballs like crazy. If you manage to get a few kills early game and stay agressive, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Even in team fights, you can essentially disable one hero with rupture if he knows not to move, silence another, and wail on their supports if you have a decent damage/utility item like S&Y or Basher.

Sibylus

Banned
Bloodseeker is really strong now in my view, but you have to play about as aggressively as humanly possible... without overextending. Silence a utility hero, rupture a melee carry, right click and silence yourself until you get your speed buff up and can just run around in the center of the fight and prey upon enemy supports.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't hate Bloodseeker, I have friends who play him, but he's arseshite.

Desaan

How many matches have you played + link your dotabuff if you're actually confident about this. My guess is that you are actually pretty close to 50/50 win/lose or you have exceedingly few matches.

66 games according to stats and 55% win rate, so higher win rate puts me up against vastly more experienced players? Seems unfair when I've barely even seen never mind played half the roster.

http://dotabuff.com/players/9211891

Mordeccai

I don't keep up at all with the meta game or even do much really besides just play doto, why do people say bloodseeker is lacking? Is there a tuning in the works for him?

Razzer

As i've been trying plenty of heroes one that i am really enjoying is Phantom Assassin. Critting is extremely satisfying and i find her easier to farm in lane safely than some other carries thanks to dagger. But i realize that the in-game guides are not always reliable so i was wondering how should I build her items. I think manta seems to work well and battlefury as well, is that considered a good build?

Anteo

I don't keep up at all with the meta game or even do much really besides just play doto, why do people say bloodseeker is lacking? Is there a tuning in the works for him?

Not really, in fact he was buffed in the last patch but people believe that he is still underpowered (I agree).

Haly

You're probably getting partially hit by volvo's smurf detection system, although it seems your games are still firmly in the Normal bracket. Alternatively, you're now entering that zone in higher end of Normal games where all the smurfs lurk on their way to High or Very High.

Tough, but be thankful for one thing. There are people playing this game far longer than you are still struggling to get above a even 50% win rate such that it poisons their entire experience. If you are truly as bad as you think, you'll eventually drop down. 60 games is nothing at all.

Dahbomb

66 games according to stats and 55% win rate, so higher win rate puts me up against vastly more experienced players? Seems unfair when I've barely even seen never mind played half the roster.

http://dotabuff.com/players/9211891
Seems like the MM is doing a great job. If your win rate is around the 40-60% rate then the system is doing it's job.

Also experience doesn't matter that much. People have put in 500+ hours into the game and they are still bad.

Artanisix

i'm not saying he'll ruin or break the game and i'm not saying he's the new pre-nerf ls or pl

i just think he needs a bit of a nerf, probably against his early game

You haven't even given tournament players the chance to learn to play with and against Troll Warlord. Unless a hero is grossly, undeniably overpowered like old Tinker when he could rearm BKB, you leave the hero alone and let people figure it out.

Wunder

You haven't even given tournament players the chance to learn to play with and against Troll Warlord. Unless a hero is grossly, undeniably overpowered like old Tinker when he could rearm BKB, you leave the hero alone and let people figure it out.

oh man

edit: wtf beaten

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Go ahead and guess how we laned this. Go ahead, guess
6Rvjk2B.png

Haly

Wait you can't rearm BKB anymore?

Fuck that sucks.

Low Tier

U forgot the part where everytime he used bkb he turned INTO A FUCKING TRANSFORMERS TANK

Man I had that Rubick frog mask in my cart at Dota2WH but they went down for maintenance or something. By the time I check back and click buy it's gone. Tons of other good items on other heroes were snapped up too :(

Still got a Rubick cloak, but I really wanted that mask to go with it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Top: OD, Clinkz

Bot: WD, Disruptor

Mid: Slardar

Yes, that worked

Admittedly mostly because Clinkz was pretty good and four of their heroes are countered in various forms by Disruptor and throw in the WD ult and our AoE was nuts

Kreunt

Banned
I get so flustered when someone wards my stackpull camp.
should i always try to deward? slowly farm other camps? sit in lane? go to another lane? slash my wrists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom