• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard streamers get $2-5 (depends on the contract) per 1000 ad impressions.

Hypothetically: if you have a contract of $3 CPM, run 5 ads an hour with an average of 2000 viewers, and 60% of them use adblock, you're making like $12/hour.

That's decent, but extremely volatile and uncertain.
60% seems low for adblock, at least for the people I know.

Websites have funny little images to ask you to turn off adblock, but I don't think I've ever heard a streamer ask you to whitelist them.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Pretty sure I heard Totalbiscuit or some other Youtube personality say about 60% of their audience uses adblock.

re: an overly optimistic estimate I pulled out of my ass.

It's probably higher.

Ridli

So the question I have about steam revenue is, does the twitch app for IOS ever show ads? I can't remember the last time it happened.

Why isn't Blink Naga done more?

Sleep has the about the same range as blink. I'd imagine that if you really need a boost you can get it from a support force staff or some other spell like Cent Ult or DS Surge.

Bts needs to move what I'm assuming is their stream monitor so that it's near the camera so they don't look totally uninterested and staring into space.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy shit

why would you cross the river when there's four of them very clearly visible on the minimap?

What could possible make someone think that's a good idea?

Low Tier
puck is the best hero wtf that shit's fucking broken how come people dont insta-ban that hero s4 won ti3 with it wtf

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have an idea for the best/worst hero, Merlot the Drunken Wizard. First, fanfiction.

Back when he was known as the Echo Magus, Merlot attempted to challenge Rubick. He believed he was undefeatable by any mage, with his talent to reflect any spell back at its caster, and would not sit while idle while anther claimed the title of 'Grand Magus'. The fight was going in his favor, until something he didn't expect happened. Rubick was able to mimic his ability to reflect. A shot he fired off soon began to bounce between the two of them, and then anther, and anther, until the room was alight with the magics. All he had to do was outlast Rubick to finish him off once and for all, but try as he might that time never came, and eventually conceded defeat. A broken man, he renounced his title and sought to simply drown away his sorrows for the rest of his tired days. And he would of had his way too, if not dragged to this bloodly battle by some barkeeps's ill-mannered 'enforcer'.

Now, the OP spells.

Q: Cacophonic Beam. Merlot fires a set of powerful and narrow piercing beams in the direction his enemies are. The spell has a 100 degree cone of variation from where it was aimed for the direction it will go, and is 25 units wide. The spell's damage is reduced for each target the beam passes though. Units will take less damage for beam they get hit by from a single cast

350 Damage (250/150/50 for each successive beam hit in one cast)
1/2/3/4 Beams, (.25 seconds apart, chaneling, will stop shooting if stunned)
250 Mana
6 Second Cooldown

W: Resonance: Merlot Teleports a random distance in the direction he choices, from 100 to 1700 units, damaging any unit he lands on

100 Mana
20/15/10/5 second Cooldown
100/150/200/250 damage in 300 AoE

E: Echo Shield: If proced, Merlot reflects a spell back at his enemy.

Targeted projectiles will fly back to the person who casts them. Untargeted projectiles will have the effect instantly applied to caster. Instant abilities will be casted on caster. AoE Abilities will reflect the damage/effect of the tick that procs the shield. Hook will pull Pudge to him. Works on items.

10%/15%/20%/25% Proc chance
4/3/2/1 second cooldown

R: Resound: Merlot is able to fully regain his former composure for a brief period. Cacophonic Beam will go in the direction he points, Resonance will teleport him to where he clicks, Echo Shield will have a 100% proc chance.

(If Rubick steals this, he will obtain Echo Shield while the spell is active)

7/11/15 second duration
120 second cooldown (With Scepter, 60)

shira

Moonwalks around map.

Q: global cast
Gains enemy hero vision (choose hero), not global vision. Loses normal team vision.

W: passive
Right click attacks Does healing instead of damage. Can attack self

E: passive
Mana and HP constantly decrease instead of regen - upgrades lessen effect

R: magic global
Ult heals all heroes dire/radiant/roshan

Well the numbers for the ult would need to be tuned down, but overall the concept of a hero who's otherwise imba spells are kind of crap unless using his ult is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom