• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Cliff jungling prophets are the dumbest thing. I'm watching a friend's match right now and the prophet has cleared one large camp (radiant side) in the 2 minutes I've been watching him. He blocked the spawn with when he left his treants idle after killing it. At 13 mins in he is level 5 and has treads, a ring of protection and some regen items. And the thing is it's so stupid that I never think to check for it when an enemy NP does it. I should just ward the radiant cliff every time I see Furion on the other team.
No ward the hard camp. Then they are stuck there.

Hylian7

LOLOLOL Hylian! That knocked up NS into Chrono... Awkward indeed.
Greedy Void and Invoker lost us that one.

Wish I didn't have to abandon the one after it. Shadow Shaman and Windrunner were arguing 2 minutes in. I had to unite the whole team with my amazing TP rotations and RPs, which gave us major victories in fights. I hope the team can win the rest of that without me.

Hylian7

Cliff jungling prophets are the dumbest thing. I'm watching a friend's match right now and the prophet has cleared one large camp (radiant side) in the 2 minutes I've been watching him. He blocked the spawn with when he left his treants idle after killing it. At 13 mins in he is level 5 and has treads, a ring of protection and some regen items. And the thing is it's so stupid that I never think to check for it when an enemy NP does it. I should just ward the radiant cliff every time I see Furion on the other team.

We had a jungler once (I forget who it was). I was mid on Radiant and ranged. They said NP was on the cliff by our hard camp. I said, "Let's just kill him, he can't go anywhere." We didn't have a ward, but Prophet kept attacking us, which gave us vision on him. Even with uphill miss, we still win 2v1, so I got the kill and First Blood. I'll never understand why people do the cliff jungling when they can just use the treants and be able to move.

For 50 seconds or whatever until they can TP again? I was thinking of just warding it to kill them every time they were on the cliff.
Depending on your team you don't even need a ward to stop him.

1. If you have an ability that gives you vision, you can use that.

2. If you get near him, he will either keep farming or attack you.

3. If he keeps farming, last hit his creeps.

4. If he attacks you, that gives you vision on him. So kill him, he is stuck up there for 50 seconds unless he brought a TP with him.

You don't have to put a ward up there and can use it elsewhere.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For 50 seconds or whatever until they can TP again? I was thinking of just warding it to kill them every time they were on the cliff.

If you can get a single kill I think its worth the somewhat crummy vision. You can also just put a Sentry ward, the cliff is so small even with its crappy range you can normally spot him.

I despise most NP junglers as it is, be they cliff junglers or not as most NP junglers think it's a free pass to ignore the rest of the map and not gank. When I play NP, I'm looking for gank opportunities as soon as I hit like level 3-4. Others I've played with stay in the jungle and just AFK farm until they get midas (takes them 12-15 min too) while their teammate's lanes are getting shit on. I mean it's so damn easy to gank with him early on..all you have to do is watch the goddamn map. It's not like you need to concentrate on last hitting either.

BeesEight

I despise most NP junglers as it is, be they cliff junglers or not as most NP junglers think it's a free pass to ignore the rest of the map and not gank. When I play NP, I'm looking for gank opportunities as soon as I hit like level 3-4. Others I've played with stay in the jungle and just AFK farm until they get midas (takes them 12-15 min too) while their teammate's lanes are getting shit on. I mean it's so damn easy to gank with him early on..all you have to do is watch the goddamn map. It's not like you need to concentrate on last hitting either.

Agreed. My limited experience suggests that most jungle Prophets don't want to play a team game but a pve one.

Almost all of them seem to be completely oblivious about how their choice to jungle weakens the lanes. Then they'll bitch and moan about noob CMs in the solo hard lane who die because... well... it's a god damn solo hard lane CM.

Deadstar

Agreed. My limited experience suggests that most jungle Prophets don't want to play a team game but a pve one.

Almost all of them seem to be completely oblivious about how their choice to jungle weakens the lanes. Then they'll bitch and moan about noob CMs in the solo hard lane who die because... well... it's a god damn solo hard lane CM.

What's the best way to gank with him? If you're going to jungle you need to focus on treants. I guess you could focus on treants and the first ability to trap enemies but you need to make sure you have ranged allies in the lane if you're going to lock them in.

woodland

What's the best way to gank with him? If you're going to jungle you need to focus on treants. I guess you could focus on treants and the first ability to trap enemies but you need to make sure you have ranged allies in the lane if you're going to lock them in.

What? 1-1-1 into maxing treants, it's what everyone does. Even if it's a melee-support lane, you tree the enemy and you and the support right click him, while your melee carry catches up.

Not necessarily.. I go 1-1-1 then depending on how aggressive the opponents are, I might put 2 or even 3 points into teleport at the expense of treants.

NBtoaster

You only need 3 treants to jungle.

Trasher

Quitting your job and trying to become a full-time streamer when you have no audience as a part-time streamer isn't the best idea, hopefully he hasn't done anything stupid.

Is that what he did? Yeesh. Not the greatest career choice there. Still pretty sad if he has no family/friends.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Of course, the GB people push the show match to the one day where I actually have an obligation.

In what way? Like what was happening in the chat that caused it?

Just terrible spam and whining all over.

They were endlessly complaining about audio issues (which are still happening and it's gotten a little worse right now the announcers aren't even going through) and it was just kind of funny.

And now everyone has 74% packet loss and major lag lol this game has been a mess so far. Poor MLG.

there was a thread on leddit about tpl not paying the people they worked with and at some point godz said they handnt paid him something. when people asked him why he didnt make a bigger deal out of it, he said it wasn't worth it for what was roughly 150 usd or something

don't know if he was exaggerating, but it doesn't seem like they get paid a whole lot. draskyl said he even offered to cast some games with ayesee for free at some point and was refused too. if he's willing to work for free...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shadowfiend team actually picked Shadowfiend.

And damn is twitch bad on the MLG stream, I'm watching a slide show, but I don't want to pay $4 for this league. Its likely because of AT&T

MKAllDay

I wonder how much streamers make, I imagine the LOL streamers getting 50k viewers every day do pretty well

Well just today on stream Draskyl said what he is doing now pays better than being a pro player (I assume he meant on average because I'm sure teams like Na`vi and Alliance are doing just fine) and that if he stopped this and switched to being a full time pro player he would not be able to support his current lifestyle.

He pulls in good viewer numbers but nothing ridiculous and is apparently doing pretty well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I've heard streamers get $2-5 (depends on the contract) per 1000 ad impressions.

Hypothetically: if you have a contract of $3 CPM, run 5 ads an hour with an average of 2000 viewers, and 60% of them use adblock, you're making like $12/hour.

That's decent, but extremely volatile and uncertain.

MKAllDay

I've heard streamers get $2-5 (depends on the contract) per 1000 ad impressions.

Hypothetically: if you have a contract of $3 CPM, run 5 ads an hour with an average of 2000 viewers, and 60% of them use adblock, you're making like $12/hour.

That's decent, but extremely volatile and uncertain.

If that is the case then that is quite unfortunate. I mean I understand Twitch isn't a charity and can't just go handing out money to these guys, but I wish they could have more financial success.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That Alia thing is depressing as fuck. Been watching him a decent bit this past month, he's a pretty alright guy. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom