• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

Yeah, but Valve isn't releasing new heroes anymore anyway.

Edit: I could live with slenderman, but just imagine the countless ponys that will be submitted.

KingKong

ok I think this one is a good idea. no numbers cause I dont know, also ignore the skill names

Silver Surfer

Q - Danger Surf

gives you flying, damages all units you pass over, can't be stunned during this

W - Speed Buildup (passive)

gives extra speed for every enemy hero you passed over on Danger Surf (Q), aghs update: give speed for every ally hero or enemy units

E - Water Walker (passive)

gives extra speed and damage if you're on the river

R (ult) - Danger Slam

sends a wave out in front of you that damages and stuns anyone in front of it. damage and stun duration are based on Speed Buildup count and resets or halves your Speed Buildup

so the idea is that you're very mobile, you use your Q to damage enemies kinda like weaver by passing on them, this gives you more speed. so does moving on the river which means you can gank or escape much easier, use all that speed for big ult damage and stun

shira

Iceiceice joins DK

http://t.qq.com/p/t/308853037192704

559245_552322441502394_536062397_n.png
Can this team beat alliance or navi?
No

shira

Yes

depending on the state of the chinese Dota 2 scene in 2014
Unless navi and alliance are stupid enough to stay in china for months to give them a taste of their playstyle - no fucking way anything changes. Same boring strats, same 4 protect 1, same farm all game mentality I'm expecting.

Just had a pub game where somehow teamwork was great and wards were actually put down regularly, but when we killed Roshan the entire team refused to pick up the Aegis. I kept pinging it until I just got it myself(AS VENGE). 3 of them were speaking Chinese or something so was there maybe something I missed? I didn't see the point of leaving it on the ground.

Needless to say I immediately lost the aegis in the next teamfight, for some reason the enemy team kept focusing on me even though Venge's teamfighting ability is meh.

EDIT: Obviously, I was supporting, which is why I thought it was weird they just left it there.

Shinypogs

Things I have come to accept after 43 hours:

1. I am bad at this game and improvement is slow.
2. No amount of guides will help me figure out where the second ward goes at the start and I will thus panic and throw it down anywhere :(
3. Memorizing the map is going to take a while.
4. I will never have a tp scroll when I need it.
4a. If I do by chance have a scroll, I will arrive just as the fight ends/ everyone else dies.
5. The courier is always in use when I want it.
6. I will forget what I'm supposed to buy at least once per game.
6a. I will do something useful and then die shortly afterwards because I'm standing in the middle of the river staring at the shop page as I remind myself which objects I need to build thing x or y and which shop they are in.
7. Sometimes running away is the best option.
8. I am having way more fun with this game than I ever expected.

In more pleasant news
Casting surge on Ursa and watching him tear across the map/ through enemies is more fun than it probably should be.

Unless navi and alliance are stupid enough to stay in china for months to give them a taste of their playstyle - no fucking way anything changes. Same boring strats, same 4 protect 1, same farm all game mentality I'm expecting.

The playstyle evolves when there's more tournaments and games to play, which was my point. The only way they can catch up to the west (hell, Fnatic could prove to be a title contender next year) is by playing more, we both know isn't possible with the way china is right now.

2. No amount of guides will help me figure out where the second ward goes at the start and I will thus panic and throw it down anywhere :(
4a. If I do by chance have a scroll, I will arrive just as the fight ends/ everyone else dies.
6a. I will do something useful and then die shortly afterwards because I'm standing in the middle of the river staring at the shop page as I remind myself which objects I need to build thing x or y and which shop they are in.

In more pleasant news
Casting surge on Ursa and watching him tear across the map/ through enemies is more fun than it probably should be.

It takes about 100 hours at least to stop sucking..

normal
protect your carry from gank spots....if dire under top tierr 1 in woods....radiant above tier 1 in woods but this can be handled with 1 ward next to medium camp to cover gank/rune. or for spawn blocking, theres a few good vids that explain the basics....Like everything else time and youll get used to it
its square :p this comes with time as well
always have a tp usually i have 2
with time youll be able to figure out if your tp will help or if its too late
if you in solo mm be happy theres even a courier
time
you shouldnt be just standing in river anyhoo....just hide for a sec to shop till you get used to it
yes
it only gets more addicting

Nymerio

In more pleasant news

The quick buy feature is good for this. Queue up the items you want to buy when you have the time and once you have enough gold to buy an item from the list you get a little alert.

KingKong

Abaddon's been first/second pick a lot in Star Ladder but it seems like he's not really worth it. Or maybe VP just sucks

e: lol those tree jukes. too good

Atlantis

The joys of people constantly using the courier to bring themselves things like ones Blade of Attack.

Had a Wand and Null Talisman on the courier for like five minutes thanks to this and no one wanting to upgrade it.

Zeth

Any recommendations for places to find casual teams? I remember seeing a noob guild on reddit, but can't find it at the moment.
Looking for some people to play with - have 200 hours bot matches(do not laugh) and a pretty good grasp on the basics - I just fear solo queue. Steam is ZethGaf.

Also, anyone feel like linking me a decent sub-$100 headset I can grab on amazon? I looked into mod mic, but they seem to be back-ordered and I'm in need of something now.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

In more pleasant news

Welcome.

Low Tier
dota's hard guys but its also smart it knows what kind of mm pool u should be in its just time until u accept it and then u can start improving but until then u will always be the dunning-krugers so just relax guys ull be good one day just keep practicing and keep a positive attitude in all ur games :)

dota's hard guys but its also smart it knows what kind of mm pool u should be in its just time until u accept it and then u can start improving but until then u will always be the dunning-krugers so just relax guys ull be good one day just keep practicing and keep a positive attitude in all ur games :)

lol

It's not that hard, plus you get to be a condescending ass when people rage at you because of how positive you are.

"Oh, someone's a party pooper"
"Well that wasn't very nice :("
"Why are you being so mean :("
"We can still win this guys, we scale better late game!"

Honestly stuff like that gets people more angry than if you just ignore them or reply back with your own rage hehehe

tonitoni

The quick buy feature is good for this. Queue up the items you want to buy when you have the time and once you have enough gold to buy an item from the list you get a little alert.

Press this link and scroll up a little for an explanation on how quickbuy works,

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

It's true. I started a smurf account some time back and now it's pretty much locked into Very High after only 100 games.

SamVimes

It's true. I started a smurf account some time back and now it's pretty much locked into Very High after only 100 games.

I would like to see someone playing an hard support doing that. I mean you're obviously still gonna stomp your first few games especially if you pick something like Leshrac or Lina but as soon as you get a little higher carrying your teammates with a support it's not gonna be as easy as with SF or Storm.

Lotto

Can this team beat alliance or navi?
No

What a scary ass team. I hope they're able to gel together as a team though. As much as I like this line up, it doesn't mean much if the players don't have good chemistry. Can't wait to see what kind of results they can pull off with such an all-star line up.

The playstyle evolves when there's more tournaments and games to play, which was my point. The only way they can catch up to the west (hell, Fnatic could prove to be a title contender next year) is by playing more, we both know isn't possible with the way china is right now.

Am I the only one who sees iceiceice and Mushi? They were the among more wacky players I recall from ti3. I'd be surprised if we saw the same type of play and strategies.

SamVimes

TA kinda fun level 1-8 then she kinda falls out in a team fight. Do i max psi blade range first with shield or not?

No, you get one point in each spell at level 3 (or 4). Then you max the refraction and then if you're having trouble landing your meld you can get a second point in psi blades but you really need to max meld early, it does a ton of damage.

JustinBB7

Will most likely be a main client patch, so no new hero. Some tournament ticket will be added tonight (and matches start tomorrow or something and the guy wants the ticket in the store so he can pay for the prizepool).

So unless it's a double update I guess it won't be anything big.

we've had test client patches on Thursday into a Friday main release. iirc we've even had a hero on a Thursday test patch.

Post release, post TI3 schedules are going to be different than before, Valve has stated as much.

No one else cares about Merlot? Ok, next one that I came up with a while back, the Spy.

Lore: He's the TF2 Spy!!1 If he loses the game he will say "I never really was on your side", and join the enemy team, free wins! Has the ability to change his primary attribute and his ult allows him to Feign Death.

Melee Int Hero

17 + 2 Strength
17 + 2 Agility
17 + 2 Int

310 move speeds.

Q: Revolver. A 750 ranged orb attack, allows the spy shoots his enemy from afar. No Mana cost in Strength, no Cooldown in Int, double bonus damage in Agility.

5/4/3/2 second cooldown
50 mana
20/30/40/50 bonus damage

W: Sapper. Will slow the enemy down, and drain the attribute the spy is using at time of cast, until destroyed. Once destroyed, the attribute will slowly come back. In Strength form the Sapper will have double HP. In Agi, it will have 15 armor. In Int, it will have 75% magic resistance.

125/250/375/500 HP
Rate of 1 point stolem per 1/1/.5/.5 seconds.
10%/15%/20%/25% slow
150 mana
60/50/40/30 second cooldown

W(And Ability 5): Disguise: The Spy is able to change his Primary attribute with his trusty disguise kit. Will gain extra stats in the attribute he currently is disguised as, and will gain an additional passive in each form.

10/9/6/3 second cooldown
0 Mana
+3/6/9/12 to primary attribute
In Strength form, gains 1/1.5/2/2.5 HP regen, 75/150/225/300 bonus HP
In Agi Form, gains 2/3/4/5 armor, 5/10/15/20 move speed, and 10/20/30/40 attack speed
In Int Form, gains +50%/100%/150%/200% Mana Regen, 10%/15%/20%/25% bonus magic resistance.

Ult: Feign Death. The Spy pretends to die, by actually doing so. If activated, will give XP and Gold as if he was really killed. But the spy will not actually be dead, but in an invisible "ghost" form (Which can not be detected), where he will have 500/500 sight, is able to move around, and gain a bonus HP and Mana regen. He is not able to harm his enemies in this form unless he toggles it off early. He can still take damage and get affected by AoE abilities but can not die. When Feign Death is broken, gains bonus attack speed, armor, and magic immunity for several seconds.

Duration: 15 seconds
30/60/90 bonus HP/Mana per second
+100 Move speed
50/100/150 bonus attack speed for 4 seconds
+5/10/15 armor for 4 seconds
Magic Immunity for 4 seconds

180/120/60 second cooldown.
Bit of a missed opportunity here, his E could be take form of enemy/allied hero and their primary attribute.

I've got one:

Q- Command Minion: permanently take control of an allied creep, creeps gain the 'gather wood' ability which allows them to attack trees to gather wood at a rate of one wood every 20 seconds.
CD: 20 seconds.
Mana cost : 100/75/40/0
Minions gain attack speed per level at some magic number.
Sub ability: wood stockpile, accumulates wood counters. Whenever wood is added to the stockpile hero gains 40/20/20/10 exp.

W- Minion Vitality: minions gain extra health and durability.
Minions gain health equal to 10/15/20/25% of hero's health pool.
Minions gain magic resist equal to 25/50/75/100% of hero's magic resistance.
Minions gain attack equal to 1/10 of the amount of wood stockpiled.
At level 4 Minions gain hero's orb and aura effects.

E- Tower blueprints: allows the constructions of towers.
Tower level is equal to skill level.
Costs 500/750/1000/2000 wood and 1200/1800/2200/3000 gold per level for t1/t2/t3/t4 towers respectively.
Constructed towers act exactly like regular towers.
Towers give a flat 500 gold bounty at all levels.
Tower build time is 30/40/50/60 seconds, minions can be sacrificed by right clicking the tower structure to reduce build time by 4s per minion.

R- Barracks blueprints: Allows the construction of barracks. Toggle sub ability to swap between melee/range barracks.
Summons regular creeps every 30 seconds at lv 1. Mega creeps every 50 seconds at level 2. Mega mega creeps every 60 seconds at level 3.
Costs 4000g at all levels and 1500/3000/4500 wood.
Build time : 90/120/300 seconds.

Haines

Banned
after 1000 hours in CSGO and seeing its major flaws still remain a year later while Valve smothers DOTA 2 with love and embrace....I made the decision to finally learn this game.

I have a ton of Starcraft 2 time, so that should help. The tuturials are what finally made me want to take on all the learning Im going to have to do, and so far they are incredibly welcoming and friendly.

im excited to be part of the dota community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom