• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they add the 40 something sets they still haven't added to the drop system. Eventually we'll escape Omniknight bracers and Blood Seeker off hands, but they're so slow to add new items to water down the pool.

And I want that Gandalf hat to drop in price!

so if you exclusively play support, can you go to very high ? just noticed that last hits are counted.

That's just what valve surfaces in the api so the website uses it as well.

We don't know what valve looks at to determine your skill level, but I would really doubt it's exclusively K/D and cs, because that would be really dumb and they're better than that.

Guessing SK, Dazzle, Abaddon and any of Chen, Wisp, Naga (or Undying if you want to go literal.)

Also could include Weaver (probably should be with the first 3) and Morphling. Maybe Bristleback.

If iceiceice is the last player for DK they will be the best team since forever.

A team with icieiceice, Mushi, BurNIng, LaNm and MMY. Jesus. Those are like my 5 favorite players in the Asian scene. LaNm will probably have to play support in that team, since he plays pretty much everything. I really hope icex3 makes it into that team. The only problem with that is that he might not be streaming anymore.

http://pubstats.me/30189781/
Neat site. My last hits/denies are pretty awful. I need to play more carry/mid, I play mostly support or offlane, especially when I play with friends.

Any good players on twitch that commentate while they play live?
Draskyl (listens to a lot of dad rock, looks like Walter White)
Blitz (he's gonna go to Korea soon, hope he'll stream from there, listens to Ellie Goulding)
SingSing (depending on who you ask, he's either hilarious or childish and not funny, generally no music)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just played a pub with a Warlock that sounded EXACTLY like Benicio del Toro!!!

Internets

Is there any way to get more than 2 reports? I've just had multiple games in a row where people were verbally harassing for 30 minutes non-stop, literally, no exaggeration. It's not even to me, but to other people.

JustinBB7

Is there any way to get more than 2 reports? I've just had multiple games in a row where people were verbally harassing for 30 minutes non-stop, literally, no exaggeration. It's not even to me, but to other people.

Keep reporting people, if they get muted you get 2 more reports. I always have never ending reports because of this.

FStop7

Banned
Hi I am new doto. Like totally new. I've played about 18 hours worth of tutorial and bot matches trying to get my head around the game. I get the basic framework of the game. I need to start playing w/ real humans. is there room for complete newbies in gaf dota?

Hi I am new doto. Like totally new. I've played about 18 hours worth of tutorial and bot matches trying to get my head around the game. I get the basic framework of the game. I need to start playing w/ real humans. is there room for complete newbies in gaf dota?

Nope gaf is all pros in very high skill level.

dekjo

Whatever you do, do not believe everything you read in the OP.

I'm new to dota too. Haven't gotten a game in with gaffers, but have some some low lvl mm (mixed matches?) with some of the giantbomb community. I think you could just find the neogaf chat room in game and ask for low level matches.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
just had a game with 4 divine rapiers 4 motherfucking divine rapiers, it was like everyone was buying them and dropping them like shit. So stupid and crazy. Despite us being heavily in the lead they had natures prophet and lancer so they had amazing split push potential, and for some reason whenever we won a fight decisive I couldn't manage to get anyone to push properly they all just went their separate ways.

At one point we had the accident exposed so our carry void decided to leave his teammates to die in order to finish it off without a creep wave and he failed miserably. We eventually won but that was a crazy crazy game.

Of course! Grab a chair. Read some guides, watch some videos. Ask some questions.

shira

GAF inhouses - trial by fire.

Sanjay

GAF inhouses - trial by fire.

It gives you a chance try out odd builds and new heroes like Timbersaw and finding out how strong of a hero he is, you just press buttons and people die around you.

And nothing beats killing each other, that salt taste so good.

KingKong

I'm super excited for the Ember Spirit and Earth Spirit. Hope IceFrog adds another 2 mobile nature spirits for a full spirit team

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope they add the 40 something sets they still haven't added to the drop system. Eventually we'll escape Omniknight bracers and Blood Seeker off hands, but they're so slow to add new items to water down the pool.

And I want that Gandalf hat to drop in price!

Don't worry, there could be 10000 options and you will still get Omniknight bracers half the time.

Isn't he out of WC3 panda models?

Why do all the Spirits have to be Pandas?

Cliff jungling prophets are the dumbest thing. I'm watching a friend's match right now and the prophet has cleared one large camp (radiant side) in the 2 minutes I've been watching him. He blocked the spawn with when he left his treants idle after killing it. At 13 mins in he is level 5 and has treads, a ring of protection and some regen items. And the thing is it's so stupid that I never think to check for it when an enemy NP does it. I should just ward the radiant cliff every time I see Furion on the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom