• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

I have started playing Puck recently and I find that my life and mana sustainability is pretty low in between team fights while trying to farm up the dagger. Bottle and wand doesn't seem to do the trick for me because my team generally has pretty poor rune control and the healing and mana from wand is pretty insignificant. So I am considering:

Tranquils + Eul

Or

Treads + Perseverance (upgraded to Linkens after dagger and scythe)

Both before I start saving for the dagger. Any views? Linkens in particular seems interesting to me though it just might be defensive overkill.

SamVimes

You would be delaying your teamfight presence too much, if you really need more mana you can bottlecrow and/or get treads. If you learn to treads switch efficiently you're gonna have more than enough mana.

how do you lane 1v1 vs clockwerk when you are melee

A wand is a good idea as Clocks tend to spam their low cd low mana garbage at a high frequency. But yeah, Clock is an utter pain in the ass to deal with in the laning phase for most melee heroes out there. He does pretty well against most ranged heroes too as his rocket flare spam starts to hurt them (ranged heroes are usually squishy) as soon as level 3.

Acinixys

FEDCCA239F628B8D2C7D34DB90405737E133000C

>dat wait time

Deadly

Has the TPL scandal been resolved?
Nope. They posted on facebook that everything would be clear and proof posted, then the post got deleted. On reddit, TPL account claims that was a "mistake" from the writers, later on that post also got deleted.

Nope. They posted on facebook that everything would be clear and proof posted, then the post got deleted. On reddit, TPL account claims that was a "mistake" from the writers, later on that post also got deleted.
The sadness train is chuggin' along
We are sorry for deleting the previous post, but we decided it only caused more confusion, which we had enough of as it is. We will post an official update very soon (hopefully tonight) about everything that's been going on. Thanks to our followers for their patience.
https://www.facebook.com/Dota2PremierLeague/posts/517823604972133

(Note: This is after he said the deletion was an accident)

In totally unrelated and 100% coincidental news
https://www.facebook.com/MYM.DotA/posts/549735425094308
For all our DotA followers. We are currently checking several teams and will be back in DotA 2 in a few weeks. For sure you can expect a lot of more things, which we won't announce yet, but by time. Let us surprise you!
MYM Dota is getting into the Dota 2 scene. Which is convenient because their other company, TPL is having a bit of an issue right now.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The bird gave clearvision (like Beasmaster's hawk) for free, which was pretty silly.

He was just really annoying to fight against.

Guys what item build should I be going on PA

PMS, Phase, Drums, BKB, HotD, Skull Basher, Satanic with some variation. Skip BF 9 out of 10 times. It's not Bounty Hunter-terrible on her (not by a long shot) but you're better off without it most of the time. AFK farming for 30 minutes with her is a waste when she's so good mid game.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Vanguard is decent on PA. Certainly better than Battlefury.

She has innate DPS with her crit so she can build survivability and still be a threat.

demented

How do you get in higher skill bracket?
With games like these I feel like I never will. I know it's based on your play but really, playing with people that have no idea whatsoever how to play a hero, or people that abandon won't help me because then enemies get fed and you get destroyed.

shira

How do you get in higher skill bracket?
With games like these I feel like I never will. I know it's based on your play but really, playing with people that have no idea whatsoever how to play a hero, or people that abandon won't help me because then enemies get fed and you get destroyed.

read OP http://i.imgur.com/kyAZBaa.png
play with stacks reddit/gaf/whatever - anything is better than solo q

Solo q = qqqqqqq

Chinese team dramas, apparently Efeng sold Zhou to TongFu against his wishes.
Zhou: 'Efeng, you must have graduated Uni with a degree in lying right? How come everything you say is bullshit?'
Efeng (iG manager): 'When you clearly understand the situation, then talk, kthx'.
Zhou: 'There's things you have forced me to go public with to clear up. I am now making things very clear'.

Xiaotuji is the new LGD carry

lolz had to add this http://nadota.com/showthread.php?19923-Ange-is-mad

[3:36:11 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): What you published on nadota is false from the start to the end. You guys are seerking for views right? We will publish every evidence needed. Valve contract, vido transaction payment vido invoice, vido contract, chat, mails and so on. You guys are doing a very bad job for few views.
[3:00:06 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): You guys are attacking a brand image, our projects, throwing fake allegations to the public,
[3:00:08 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): based on nothing.
[3:00:14 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): Thats totally illegal and a very bad way to act.
[3:00:23 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): Even the title is directly hurting me.
[3:00:32 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): We wont let that go so easy.
[3:00:36 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): Prepare for a legal letter or remove the article till we publish our story and evidences.
[3:01:57 AM] Laurent Bouloum (TPL): TPL is clear in all this story and what you are doing is really at an under level.
[8:02:35 AM] Aaron "Spit-wad" Stern: ?

patapuf

What's this drama with TPL? Someplace I can get the summary/series of events?

Basically the organizers refused to pay item creators (and other contributors). Valve has pulled the tournament tickets from the shop as a response and banned the organisor from hosting future events.

shira

Basically the organizers refused to pay item creators (and other contributors). Valve has pulled the tournament tickets from the shop as a response and banned the organisor from hosting future events.

Lies, this is slander Ange's going to post the real transactions, contracts, and prove that Valve is a consipary. You better watch out because Ange is going to come after you if you bad talk his brand and [post deleted]

Snowdrift

Porting HoN heroes? Easilly Nymphora and Martyr for me. My two favorite support heroes. Nymphora is so broken being able to teleport 3 allied heroes. First ban worthy hero. Her stun is superb as well. I think Glacius is also a little more powerfull than Crystal Maiden.

Since anbokr already did a hatefest on the best hero, I liked moraxxus and artesia. The ice lady was pretty fun as well.

for pa I like doing bkb + helm + basher for magic heavy teams, armlet instead of bkb against physical teams. This build is intended to put her into play way earlier than a battlefury build would.

TUSR

Banned
Porting HoN heroes? Easilly Nymphora and Martyr for me. My two favorite support heroes. Nymphora is so broken being able to teleport 3 allied heroes. First ban worthy hero. Her stun is superb as well. I think Glacius is also a little more powerfull than Crystal Maiden.

Give me Empath and Martyr.

DK new roster: Burning, Mushi, iceiceice, LanM, Dai.

Iceiceice and Mushi on the same team now. Jayzus.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No one else cares about Merlot? Ok, next one that I came up with a while back, the Spy.

Lore: He's the TF2 Spy!!1 If he loses the game he will say "I never really was on your side", and join the enemy team, free wins! Has the ability to change his primary attribute and his ult allows him to Feign Death.

Melee Int Hero

17 + 2 Strength
17 + 2 Agility
17 + 2 Int

310 move speeds.

Q: Revolver. A 750 ranged orb attack, allows the spy shoots his enemy from afar. No Mana cost in Strength, no Cooldown in Int, double bonus damage in Agility.

5/4/3/2 second cooldown
50 mana
20/30/40/50 bonus damage

W: Sapper. Will slow the enemy down, and drain the attribute the spy is using at time of cast, until destroyed. Once destroyed, the attribute will slowly come back. In Strength form the Sapper will have double HP. In Agi, it will have 15 armor. In Int, it will have 75% magic resistance.

125/250/375/500 HP
Rate of 1 point stolem per 1/1/.5/.5 seconds.
10%/15%/20%/25% slow
150 mana
60/50/40/30 second cooldown

W(And Ability 5): Disguise: The Spy is able to change his Primary attribute with his trusty disguise kit. Will gain extra stats in the attribute he currently is disguised as, and will gain an additional passive in each form.

10/9/6/3 second cooldown
0 Mana
+3/6/9/12 to primary attribute
In Strength form, gains 1/1.5/2/2.5 HP regen, 75/150/225/300 bonus HP
In Agi Form, gains 2/3/4/5 armor, 5/10/15/20 move speed, and 10/20/30/40 attack speed
In Int Form, gains +50%/100%/150%/200% Mana Regen, 10%/15%/20%/25% bonus magic resistance.

Ult: Feign Death. The Spy pretends to die, by actually doing so. If activated, will give XP and Gold as if he was really killed. But the spy will not actually be dead, but in an invisible "ghost" form (Which can not be detected), where he will have 500/500 sight, is able to move around, and gain a bonus HP and Mana regen. He is not able to harm his enemies in this form unless he toggles it off early. He can still take damage and get affected by AoE abilities but can not die. When Feign Death is broken, gains bonus attack speed, armor, and magic immunity for several seconds.

Duration: 15 seconds
30/60/90 bonus HP/Mana per second
+100 Move speed
50/100/150 bonus attack speed for 4 seconds
+5/10/15 armor for 4 seconds
Magic Immunity for 4 seconds

180/120/60 second cooldown.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I'm posting my heroes ideas on the internet. Icefrog plz add.

I'm assuming mod tools will allow people to make new heroes, and have tried to come up with some unique stuff that is likely boring to play and/or broken.

KingKong

Fuck the spy, add the soldier. I want a rocketjump skill. Works like alchemist stun where you have to charge it and distance is based on charge duration. Does 50 damage to self, does 300 damage if you land on an enemy and stuns them for 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom