• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

I think tournaments are great way of bringing awareness to how important wards are for example. I remember when I started playing in january that no-one ever bought wards, or the courier just wouldn't be bought. Now when I play wards are almost always bought at the start of the game and the runes are actually being warded.

elyetis

to the majority of people who have never played WC3 Dota, Dota 2 is basically done.

There's also only 4 CM heroes left (LC, Techies, ES, TB), after that the heroes are basically just for fun and that shouldn't really be a priority.
That's why it's disapointing, a major slow down while there is still few things you can have high expectation of, where you can tell yourself 'it would be already be in parity if they had their old speed'.
And then just be happy 2-3 times a year with major patch, and only expect weekly new hats + bug fix.

Knowing they began working on Techies was a very good news to me, but seeing how long it takes them to release LC, I'm now not even confident we will get any other hero than LC before 2014.

I think tournaments are great way of bringing awareness to how important wards are for example. I remember when I started playing in january that no-one ever bought wards, or the courier just wouldn't be bought. Now when I play wards are almost always bought at the start of the game and the runes are actually being warded.
I'm still pretty sure it costed Na'vi some of their TI3 match, I mean the lack of wards. ( even in the finals )

ElyrionX

I am surprised that Techies is not yet in the game. He's so iconic. Is it because of balance reasons? A single competent Techies can hold up a game for a longass time and melee heroes are basically fucked against him. Plus I remember his stun ward; the aoe and duration on that thing was downright ridiculous lol.

EU west is a real shit hole recently. No courier and no wards and feeding carries is the new meta there. Oh and the great ping spikes every 2 minutes makes it so much fun :mad:

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No different than any other server, but it's always easy blame people who speak a different language.

Holden

I am surprised that Techies is not yet in the game. He's so iconic. Is it because of balance reasons? A single competent Techies can hold up a game for a longass time and melee heroes are basically fucked against him. Plus I remember his stun ward; the aoe and duration on that thing was downright ridiculous lol.

icefrog hates techies

solid mike

If there's no real support hero in my team and I'm supposed to be a tank initiator, I should still put some effort into buying wards, dust and other support items right? All the other 4 are carries, 2 usually hard carries.

ink4n3

If there's no real support hero in my team and I'm supposed to be a tank initiator, I should still put some effort into buying wards, dust and other support items right? All the other 4 are carries, 2 usually hard carries.

If no one else is buying wards I usually take it upon myself to buy them regardless of my hero. Welcome to life in solo queue...

No different than any other server, but it's always easy blame people who speak a different language.

From my experience US east has more players that understand the game and the server connection is way more stable. Sure the ping is high but it is consistent. The language is not the issue in EU west or east,it's the attauide and lack of teamwork. They don't say anything till they want to blame someone on the team with and even start lengthy arguments, in English.

Snowdrift

In my experience so far, people in random draft are more willing to play support roles.

Support can be a fun role to play. Most people are just terrible support players. Buying wards is such a small part of your overall job.

I think a good support player can put their team in a winning position by the 15-20 minute mark. After that, it is up the the carries not to fuck up.

ViviOggi

EU west is a real shit hole recently. No courier and no wards and feeding carries is the new meta there. Oh and the great ping spikes every 2 minutes makes it so much fun :mad:

Been a shit hole for years now.

It's borderline unplayable for me, been queuing US East only for a few months now except when I'm with a full stack.

For me it's not about the Russians™ (although the likelihood of meeting English-speaking folk is arguably higher on US East and communication does help), but rather the more hostile atmosphere both on the winning and losing teams, generally dickish, egocentric behavior and an abundance of rage quitters. Many of these people actually speak English.

That's obviously pure personal experience, someone else might paint an entirely different picture. Still, my overall match quality has definitely improved now that I've ditched EU West completely as opposed to queuing for both regions like I used to. MMR isn't really a factor here, if at all mine went down a bit due to unnecessary losses with subpar mates (still VH though).

So one of their offlaners DCed and our mid OD DCed after saying that the guy wasn't coming back. Won the game that quickly was 4v3 in their favor after we lost a second with the ultra minus armor strat. Venge (me), Bounty Hunter, and Alchemist. BH gets medallion, I get deso, Alch gets AC.

Best feeling when you win outnumbered like that.

JustinBB7

Toby Dawson ‏@TobiWanDOTA 1h

Is sad to hear 48% of people who visit joinDOTA use Add-Block - Support the site that supports you, as eSports doesn't run on dreams alone

Heh, maybe make less intrusive ads then. Like during games.. or have so many ads it almost crashes the steam web browser..

TA, when i watch dendi play her blink dagger is core. So how does her combo work? Blink, shadow meld wait for spell to happen then attack? I always cancel out of the cloak be cause i attack too soon is there a timing to it?

SaberVulcan

TA, when i watch dendi play her blink dagger is core. So how does her combo work? Blink, shadow meld wait for spell to happen then attack? I always cancel out of the cloak be cause i attack too soon is there a timing to it?

You probably are either attacking too soon or attacking out of range (which is more likely). To ensure the former, shift queue refract-blink-meld-attack. This will attack the second meld finishes its casting animation (which is very small). If it still isnt working then its a problem of range.

kvk1

What is the etiquette between team mates in a dual lane concerning last hits? Is there one?

Say somebody is completely dominating the early farm by getting all the LH in a lane. Are they under any obligation to "slow it down" and let their teammate catch up at the cost of their own economy?

Still relatively new to this madness.

Boken

Banned
What is the etiquette between team mates in a dual lane concerning last hits? Is there one?

Say somebody is completely dominating the early farm by getting all the LH in a lane. Are they under any obligation to "slow it down" and let his/her teammate catch up at the cost of his their own economy?

the person who gets stronger with gold compared to the other should take the cs

Say somebody is completely dominating the early farm by getting all the LH in a lane. Are they under any obligation to "slow it down" and let their teammate catch up at the cost of their own economy?

The carry gets all the farm

Calidor

The meta is very very different now and the standards have been raised noticeably. Back then, it was almost unheard of to have obs wards in pubs but these days it happens almost every other game, even in low level mm.

That, and the rampant maphacking that dota 1 had

KingKong

so if I'm looking at it right, next week Fnatic, Alliance, NaVi and Quantic will be playing Star Ladder right? finally some good pro dota to watch at work

Low Tier
Boken how come we didnt play i thought you were going to get on its ok though you were probably busy we can reschedule :)

JustinBB7

so if I'm looking at it right, next week Fnatic, Alliance, NaVi and Quantic will be playing Star Ladder right? finally some good pro dota to watch at work

Been waiting to see some good teams play again, all these C-Tier teams playing right now can't really get me to watch anymore.

Low Tier
You guys shouldnt just disregard a team just because you havent heard of them before or because they arent playing perfectly they still probably have very talented players like look at reeses puffs they have zero coordination so they look really sloppy but their players are ownage you know what they say dont judge a book by its cover :)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
kkd2EdI.jpg

Also, I did good in a game everyone look at me.

52club

In my experience so far, people in random draft are more willing to play support roles.

Support can be a fun role to play. Most people are just terrible support players. Buying wards is such a small part of your overall job.

I think a good support player can put their team in a winning position by the 15-20 minute mark. After that, it is up the the carries not to fuck up.

So true, in TI3 it was the supports that would often change the game. To me their are a lot less good support players than there are players that fill the other roles which makes them very valuable. My favorite support right now is Lich.

ViviOggi

My favorite support right now is Lich.

I'm immediately bored out of my mind when I random that fucker with his four super-simplistic target spells, only thing I find enjoyable is when his new ult bounces ridiculously. There are so many great supports who can actually make things happen on their own by roaming or even deciding later teamfights. My current favs are Rubick, ES, Venge, Nyx and Dazzle.

Pratfall

I'm immediately bored out of my mind when I random that fucker with his four super-simplistic target spells, only thing I find enjoyable is when his new ult bounces ridiculously. There are so many great supports who can actually make things happen on their own by roaming or even deciding later teamfights. My current favs are Rubick, ES, Venge, Nyx and Dazzle.

I cannot get enough of Windrunner. Windrunning to a fight, shackling two heroes and powershotting them and then chasing down the stragglers is the most fun I have in the game. Well, next to CM ulti killing their whole team.

I have so much more fun supporting than carrying. Right clicking and finding efficient farm is fun but when I Light Strike Array 3 guys so my carry can just wail away at them it is the best.

ViviOggi

I cannot get enough of Windrunner. Windrunning to a fight, shackling two heroes and powershotting them and then chasing down the stragglers is the most fun I have in the game. Well, next to CM ulti killing their whole team.

Yeah WR is great fun too, it's also nice that you can make her work in almost any lineup.

I have so much more fun supporting than carrying. Right clicking and finding efficient farm is fun but when I Light Strike Array 3 guys so my carry can just wail away at them it is the best.

I don't really have a clear preference, the only roles I generally don't like are the very hard carries who are entirely reliant on their teammates during early and mid as well as supporting such a carry who needs babysit on a dual lane, where no kill will ever happen because they lack lane presence so much. And slow-ass supports like Rhasta.

Also I've always loved playing Necrolyte, not even sure why. Not as a support obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom