• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people seem to get mad or worried when you say you're playing support Nyx?

Is it some kind of taboo even if he's great at supporting? Last night I was playing Nyx and after everyone picked with no hard supports, our mid went "ffs no support gg" and didn't really seem convinced or happy when I said I was our support (and I had always intended to play support).

So true, in TI3 it was the supports that would often change the game. To me their are a lot less good support players than there are players that fill the other roles which makes them very valuable. My favorite support right now is Lich.

I also found that a good support can help your team more than a carry. I have been winning more since getting good with KOTL, but a few things get annoying:

-Players thinking I have an unlimited amount of mana that I can give to them at any time
-Players angry that I have more assists than kills and that my kills are not higher than my deaths.

why do people seem to get mad or worried when you say you're playing support Nyx?

Is it some kind of taboo even if he's great at supporting? Last night I was playing Nyx and after everyone picked with no hard supports, our mid went "ffs no support gg" and didn't really seem convinced or happy when I said I was our support (and I had always intended to play support).
Because they're dumb. The answer to everything about other people in DOTA.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People like predictable games where they don't have to think too much about what they're doing as a part of a team.

See: League of Legends

Nymerio

I also found that a good support can help your team more than a carry. I have been winning more since getting good with KOTL, but a few things get annoying:

-Players thinking I have an unlimited amount of mana that I can give to them at any time
-Players angry that I have more assists than kills and that my kills are not higher than my deaths.

We need Wards!

This is caused by the community itself. Most of the time Nyx is treated as a carry, because of this we have many people who do not know Nyx can support.

Low Tier
what are you guys talking about nyx is generally played as a support in competitive games where did anyone get the notion that hes a carry or anything none of his shit scales with items i dont get it sure you can get dagon but then ur playing him as a mid so like a 2 role or something and even then u fall off to a 3 because you prioritize ganking over farm so really you just go mid for levels nyx was a really good support but the nerfs kinda hit him hard and people discovered visage naga and centaur so nyx kinda sucks now infact i smile whenever i play against a team that prioritizes nyx in their draft because they are so 2000 and late :)

Arkanius

This
I hate this so much when I'm a support. People acuse me of being "feeder and a noob" for being 2 6 10 sometimes by midgame.

I like when playing Keeper or Tree, apparently Chakra and Living Armor have no cooldown or mana cost.

Hearing "Mana keeper! Mana! Keeper noob, mana!" for 10 seconds while it cools down is painful.

shira

73AE2F3C9EDC87B233A0F303AE8A882FAB4DF6AD
200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DotaFX/myworkshopfiles/?appid=570
Buriza-Do Kyanon by Dotafx

I'd actually prefer the Buriza, oh well
burizadokyuongu0.png

268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175467455
Diffusal blade Lance by robo

This one just seems lazy

I like when playing Keeper or Tree, apparently Chakra and Living Armor have no cooldown or mana cost.

Hearing "Mana keeper! Mana! Keeper noob, mana!" for 10 seconds while it cools down is painful.
Mana my knee blej
Manyer mana sooka

That diffusal blade looks nice. Kind of want satanic on troll warlord as a cosmetic item. (what the fuck is it anyway? I'm assuming its a helm).

Satanic_icon.png

Baha

86MB patch

WORKSHOP:
- Added Abaddon to the Workshop submission tools and website requirements.

UI
- Added a button to add friends inside the game.
- Fixed bug where guild invites could never show up.
- Darkened background behind buff stack numbers for better legibility on bright icons.

MAC/LINUX:
- [Mac] Fixed problems with sounds cutting out or not playing for the first few minutes of a game.
- [Mac] Make Dock icon bounce when game is ready.
- [Mac] Play a ready sound when game is not focused and matchmaking has found a game.
- Make "Sound while alt-tab" setting work.
- Fix for missing lip syncing in hero portrait.
- Fix corrupted GUI after changing video settings.

VISUAL
- Fixed LOD1 on Ol' Chopper Pudge hook
- updated cloth settings and skinning Crystal Maiden, Invoker, Lina, and Rubick

Lotto

It's like the patch notes keep getting thinner and thinner. That only means the next patch is gonna explode with stuff right guys?! ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom