• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-read my post. I actually wasn't directing that at you. I'm sorry that it came off that way. I was actually talking about myself, because I felt disappointed by the patch. But I also know I shouldn't be complaining.

But in the context of my post, it seems like I'm being really rude to you. I really do apologize, that was not my intention. And yes, I also missed the joke. Sorry again.

Haha, well it's fine. Judging by the amount of times you apologized, I'm making you an honorary Canadian, if you aren't actually Canadian.

Mononoke

Banned
Haha, well it's fine. Judging by the amount of times you apologized, I'm making you an honorary Canadian, if you aren't actually Canadian.

Heh, I just feel bad. Plus my posts were embarrassingly stupid. Just one of those days. But thanks. :)

That Dota2 would be a graphically improved port of dota1, and they released it before they even had all the heroes and game modes ported over.
They released it when they had the server infrastructure to support everyone who wanted to play, not because it was complete.

Boken

Banned
They released it when they had the server infrastructure to support everyone who wanted to play, not because it was complete.

KBMIx1B.png

or are you being ironic

dammit steve i cant tell sometimes

shira

http://nadota.com/showthread.php?19923-Ange-is-mad&p=524375&viewfull=1#post524375
Here's something interesting. Based upon the figures Ange has released and the money he paid to t_vidotto, factoring Valve's cut in respect to his, that would account for about about 4200 tickets sold.

But if you look here http://dota2.stats.tf/item/10158/Wynchell_the_Wyrmeleon

You can see that there are nearly 9000 Wynchell couriers in visible inventories, suggesting that Ange still owes t_vidotto almost $8000.

Boom!
Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Dat Smoking gun

Sibylus

Banned
This is why you just shut up and run if you're trying to skim money off of the top: people can do basic arithmetic when you provide 'em a reason.

Hylian7

I'm not at home for a few days. Can someone screenshot this buff change and post it? I'm having a hard time visualizing what this is.

Also have they fixed Huskar's Berserker's Blood buff to actually say what the AS and magic resistance increases are? It is always frustrating playing against a Huskar and not being and to gauge how much nukes will do at his current health.

shira

Nexon is apparently having a Dota 2 cosmetic contest. Incoming hanbok for Windrunner.

Here are some things:
1A5E3E6E8295EB6DF4F07617EEA2C9EF19F2E8D8
The jugg set is done by a Korean.
Do you know anything about the Nexon contest? Is it tied to a ticket?
If someone can feed Korea proper design concepts - there is just way too much talent there, consider half the current workshop regulars out of a job.

Also Vlad completed a Full Dragon Knight Dragon set with Elder Dragon
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=100596507

Also Vlads Abs mount just posted
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176404157&searchtext=

Full set - work in progress

shira

Shit that Nexon contest is pretty decent
Almost $18,000 and a %points up for grabs.
http://dota2.nexon.com/Contest/Page/Contest_eng.html

iMLYU3HIbebaj.PNG

Heroes limited to jugg, cm, cw, pudge, qop, wr, ta, spec, pl, slark

4k, 2k, 1k and a slice of the prophets. As long as it isn't MYM.Ange behind the scenes that's a great way for new Korean modelers and foreigners to duke it out

Oooo the contest is over - I'm pretty sure that Jugg won something and the Boogie man ward is also korean.

Carry venos seem to be all I see lately, when the lineup doesn't suit it and we clearly need support. In my last game as Medusa we also had Skeleton King, Luna and Bristle (fucked I know but I think the Luna and Bristle picked after me) but I think at least we've got one support. Only when I'm a couple of minutes into ancient jungling do I realize that we don't have a courier. So I have to buy it and walk back to base to activate it. The veno doesn't communicate all game when we ask him to get wards, upgrade the courier or anything so I think he doesn't speak English until the end when he asks to be commended when we won because we had better late game at like 77 minutes (other team had SF, Viper and Silencer). ARRGGGH

In the Tide game I played last night the veno starts with a circlet, ring of protection and a wraith band recipe, which could have easily been the courier. Leaving me, the solo offlane. to get it instead. I then had to badger the shit out of him to see what he was getting with the 1500 gold he was sitting on and if I should be the one to pick up the mek. In the following two team fights when their whole team pushed our tier 1 mid I die in part because I have to waddle up to get my ravage off as I have a mek instead of blink and because the veno decided to piss off into the jungle to farm just before the fight.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Damn just had a game with some absolute lovely randomers. People were joking and waiting for the guy who disconnected. A real pleasure. It is a shame we lost because an Axe jungled instead of joining teamfights, though my Queen play was probably the best it has been. He was too nice to complain at though. You can see how tight the game was: http://dotabuff.com/matches/301275291

Something I noticed playing League for like a year and a half is that 100% of Tryn players were uniformly terrible raging shittalkers. I imagine Darius joined the club since his release.

Which hero has the worst fanbase?

I'm not at home for a few days. Can someone screenshot this buff change and post it? I'm having a hard time visualizing what this is.

Also have they fixed Huskar's Berserker's Blood buff to actually say what the AS and magic resistance increases are? It is always frustrating playing against a Huskar and not being and to gauge how much nukes will do at his current health.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wVWfD1GC_4

I think it's similar to this.

KBMIx1B.png

or are you being ironic

dammit steve i cant tell sometimes
boken who did you vote for

Haunted

Not directly, but there were hints on past blog posts.

I can't wait to play a new hero not possible in Warcraft 3 in 2018.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a completely new hero now before we're getting the remaining Dota 1 heroes. Legion Commander and Techies ok, but I'm not too hot on Earth and Ember Spirit, there's only so many Panda redesigns I can take.

Vlad now my favorite artist, that shitty low texture dragon form has needed replacing since forever. Also that bristleback set is A++.

Hero with the worst fanbase? Probably Pudge or Shadowfiend. Mid players usually have huge egos. Most QoPs are also pricks.

BraXzy

Just had quite a funny game. It was a Captains mode with mainly randoms, the Captain decided he was gonna make all the picks, not listen to anyone and pick what he wanted, when everyone said hey cmon listen to our input he said he doesn't negotiate, he picks what we play. I mean sure sometimes people suggest dumb stuff, but most of it made sense, for example we needed a hard carry in our line up and I suggested Alchemist because he fit quite well into the line up, the Captain ignored and picked Tiny, he didn't really make sense against the enemy line up. Then someone else asked for Furion, he picked Silencer instead, so now the Furion guy is feeding. Ahh well.

Just had quite a funny game. It was a Captains mode with mainly randoms, the Captain decided he was gonna make all the picks, not listen to anyone and pick what he wanted, when everyone said hey cmon listen to our input he said he doesn't negotiate, he picks what we play. I mean sure sometimes people suggest dumb stuff, but most of it made sense, for example we needed a hard carry in our line up and I suggested Alchemist because he fit quite well into the line up, the Captain ignored and picked Tiny, he didn't really make sense against the enemy line up. Then someone else asked for Furion, he picked Silencer instead, so now the Furion guy is feeding. Ahh well.

Doesn't this happen most of the time when playing Captain's mode with randoms? I wouldn't know, I've never played it. Just seems like a really bad idea to play that mode with randoms.

Also, Sniper's are mostly assholes.

That's doesn't sound fun at all..
How does the captain get picked anyway? Is it random or based on ranking?

Low Tier
To be fair half of the assholes you meet are just smurfs of bad players who needed an ego boost or something in my experience most of the worst players mannerwise are the ones that 5 stack ap who get all big over it ie shuyinhail hyphinity and probz some others i dont care to remember that win solely on the fact that they pick godtier lineups every game so please dont get into the mindset of x kind of players are bm or this hero pickers are bm its really not the case at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom