• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Doesn't this happen most of the time when playing Captain's mode with randoms? I wouldn't know, I've never played it. Just seems like a really bad idea to play that mode with randoms.

Also, Sniper's are mostly assholes.

This is why I never queue for CM unless I have a five stack. Even the slight chance of some random asshole making all our picks keeps me away.

The Technomancer

Something I noticed playing League for like a year and a half is that 100% of Tryn players were uniformly terrible raging shittalkers. I imagine Darius joined the club since his release.

Which hero has the worst fanbase?

Just about every player I've known who picked Riki deliberately was a huge asshole eager to blame us if things went wrong or take credit for any success.

Someone also mentioned Natures Prophet as well. Lots of NP players take offense if you suggest they do anything other then jungle for 40 minutes

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah the kind of people who deliberately play Riki or Sniper are very frequently the worst kind of people.

JustinBB7

I played a game with my friend and it was random draft. Our first pick guy was Russian, and she said, oh god he's gonna pick Riki if he's in the pool.

He instalocked riki and we lost. (though more because our Doom was even worse..but still was pretty funny.)

Sanjay

Also, Sniper's are mostly assholes.

I get extremely bm if the opposing team makes any bm comment :p

Says the scumbag Sniper picker, fucking asshole. Why can't you just be nice like me.

gd yuber and milk and co get pretty bm in their 5 man stack too

I don't think I have ever seen GD Yuber and Milk matchmaking together. You know whats worse then Sniper pickers, filthy lying scum-lords. What team do you support btw.

I think I had my first game where I did well. Picked Windrunner and managed to buy Daedalus and Monkey King Bar within 36 minutes. Saddest part about it was that I didn't get to go ham for a few more minutes.

If I want to get into roaming + ganking which character should I start off with? I tried Night Stalker a few times and failed miserably

Nymerio

Just had a Lone Druid go double Hand of Midas. Is that something that can actually be viable? Can't imagine when that would make any sense. 1900 gold is already half the gold of the relic needed for radiance.

Just had a Lone Druid go double Hand of Midas. Is that something that can actually be viable? Can't imagine when that would make any sense. 1900 gold is already half the gold of the relic needed for radiance.

If the other team isn't going to bother your lone druid for like 30 mins then sure it can be viable.

It's pretty greedy though.

Nymerio

We won the game eventually but I felt like it would've been a lot easier if he had joined a couple of fights instead of jungling almost for the entire game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We won the game eventually but I felt like it would've been a lot easier if he had joined a couple of fights instead of jungling almost for the entire game.

This will feel true of every almost every jungler you ever play with. Whether it's actually true or not varies from case to case and game to game, but that nagging feeling of "PLEASE STOP FARMING AND HELP US" will never leave you.

Ever.

shira

3KshPGE.png

This will feel true of every almost every jungler you ever play with. Whether it's actually true or not varies from case to case and game to game, but that nagging feeling of "PLEASE STOP FARMING AND HELP US" will never leave you.

Ever.

Makes no sense at all with Enchantress. In the first minute you have a slow, and potentially 2 stun/disables. That's first blood or at least a decent gank.

Nymerio

I know what you mean. But it's always disheartening when they're destroying the second mid tower, everyone's dying and the jungler won't show up to defend. I knew we had good late game potential but for the longest time it looked like the game wouldn't last long enough for it to actually pay off.

That's something that is always bothering me anyway. Usually when I play with people who want to jungle it's going to be a really shitty game because most of the time we end up with a solo lane that won't work. Or we have a bloodseeker jungling who just won't get any levels. I feel like it would be better to get a couple levels in lane and then switch to jungle.

Makes no sense at all with Enchantress. In the first minute you have a slow, and potentially 2 stun/disables. That's first blood or at least a decent gank.

I get that there's heroes where jungling works out great. But some heroes work better than others, and then there's players who just won't look outside their jungle. Like that Lycan we once had. The guys we were laning against were always low and a lot of times it would've just taken another hit to kill one them and the Lycan always ignored us.

Haly

I feel like it would be better to get a couple levels in lane and then switch to jungle.

It leaves the person in the lane in a very awkward position because they suddenly become an underleveled solo laner who gave up their farm to the jungler (assuming the jungler has farm priority).

I mean it CAN work but it's rarely optimal.

Nymerio

You're right, I hadn't though of that.

Edit: another question about jungling: How can you tell if your jungler is doing ok? Like, what level should he be five minutes in or something like that? Should he be at or above your dual lane? Something like that...

Gofu

Banned
Something meeru would say :)

i am not meeru i would appreciate if you would stop spreadin gsuch slandoerus lies about me thank you i dont mean to be rude but if you had someone saying these terrible things about yuo you would be upset too :)

Haly

Oh not you too.

We need to quarantine this fucking thread so this shit doesn't spread :)

Duesy

Edit: another question about jungling: How can you tell if your jungler is doing ok? Like, what level should he be five minutes in or something like that? Should he be at or above your dual lane? Something like that...

Above your dual lanes. Like level 6 by 6 minutes.

shira

If they don't have a midas/soul ring by 4-5 I get nervous
If they/support are not stacking I get very nervous
If they are cliff jungling I get sad
If they think a good radiance time is 30 minutes I get really sad
No ganks by 6 ponder life
First item Ags hover over delete Dota option

ViviOggi

If I want to get into roaming + ganking which character should I start off with? I tried Night Stalker a few times and failed miserably

Venge is great for that, very decent and reliable stun together with some damage amplification to kill the enemy quickly and push afterwards. Also you'll usually be playing the support role so as long as your carry is fine and wards are up you can go looking for pick-offs relatively freely, as opposed to a level-dependent mid laner like NS who, when the ganks don't work out, loses out on XP and farm he desperately needs in order to transition into the mid game.

Snowdrift

Nyx, that way if things don't go well you can transition into more of a support role.

Proceed to ignore which ever teammates say "noob, Nyx isn't a support".

The Technomancer

I'll second the Nyx recommendation. Spirit Breaker is also the current flavor of the month.

Puck and Queen of Pain are probably more effective especially in the early game but they also require better game awareness and general reflexes.

SamVimes

Nyx is one of the most boring gankers in the game, i would not recommend. I find roaming with SD, Lina, Earthshaker or Venge or pretty much every other hero in the game much more engaging and fun.

aeolist

Banned
i really love watching this game but i think playing it is a lost cause for me since i don't have any friends i can play with and solo queue is masochistic

yeah people will say play with gaffers but i can't get online every night and hang out in the channel for an hour waiting for a game to come up. i can play maybe 2-3 days a week, mostly weekends, and have to get in and play without much downtime. dota 2 just doesn't accommodate that.

Zeth

i really love watching this game but i think playing it is a lost cause for me since i don't have any friends i can play with and solo queue is masochistic

yeah people will say play with gaffers but i can't get online every night and hang out in the channel for an hour waiting for a game to come up. i can play maybe 2-3 days a week, mostly weekends, and have to get in and play without much downtime. dota 2 just doesn't accommodate that.

I'm in the same situation, looking for people to queue with. Can be pretty difficult with 0 wins. I've been playing with bots only for 200 or so hours, I'm that afraid of solo queue.If you want to add me and maybe try to get a group going I'm "zethca" on steam - hoping to play a lot tomorrow.

shira

Yeah. Stomping uncoordinated teams with that stupidass combo doesn't take any skill to do. I say that with a 100% win rate on the hero, he's just incredibly tedious.
Why are you playing shit games?

Is there any reason why EE and Loda use different AM blades on each hand - is it easier to see attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom