• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

Vlad now my favorite artist, that shitty low texture dragon form has needed replacing since forever. Also that bristleback set is A++.

Hero with the worst fanbase? Probably Pudge or Shadowfiend. Mid players usually have huge egos. Most QoPs are also pricks.

Vlad is probably my least favorite contributor just for his attitude. I browse the Dota 2 Polycount forum and workshop quite a bit and he always comes off as arrogant and rude. I've also seen him delete valid criticisms from his workshop pages without any responses. He does occasionally make some nice items though.

shira

>Game is hard
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!

1014294_267070046766147_1258649934_n.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/theporcelainlily
Lilypiepie doing KP again
PLD spacecow
SS troll
EE gyro

or not. . . oz intanet is crook

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!
>Well played!

1014294_267070046766147_1258649934_n.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/theporcelainlily
Lilypiepie doing KP again
PLD spacecow
SS troll
EE gyro

or not. . . oz intanet is crook
I think she died, her camera hasn't moved in a solid minute.

I do find Nyx to be pretty easy, but that is mainly since he has like no farm dependence and can gank.

Just had a Lone Druid go double Hand of Midas. Is that something that can actually be viable? Can't imagine when that would make any sense. 1900 gold is already half the gold of the relic needed for radiance.

I'm guessing one Midas was on the bear? As far as I know when the midas is used on the bear it doesn't give you the extra XP. And since I thought the whole point of the Midas was delaying your early/mid game items so that you can get an experience boost and a long term gold advantage I don't see the point in getting two. Like you say that's relic spent on items that don't actually make you fight-ready.

shira

I'm guessing one Midas was on the bear? As far as I know when the midas is used on the bear it doesn't give you the extra XP. And since I thought the whole point of the Midas was delaying your early/mid game items so that you can get an experience boost and a long term gold advantage I don't see the point in getting two. Like you say that's relic spent on items that don't actually make you fight-ready.

I played a game the LD had one midas - which he left on the bear the whole game.

shira

I have to agree that I do not like this caster lady.
I prefer this. She's totally goofy and fun.

As opposed to the absolutely mechanical pro-caster scene.
Talk talk talk - [action] start yelling.
Talk talk talk - [action] start yelling.

"roshan should be up soon... *checks pit* .... wait they just took roshan. Was i watching it? I think i was watching it"

She was watching it

pretty sure she is high lolol

Randdalf

KP seem to play a ton of matches, it'll be interesting to see them play against the bigger teams once the bigger tournaments start, they're going to be well practised.

sixghost

You move the midas to druid when the cooldown is up, use it, then put it back on the bear so it gets the attack speed bonus. Same concept if you have two, except maybe you leave one on the druid permanently.

Low Tier
its cool that this girl expresses herself and stuff free spirit womens rights etc but honestly theres zero professionalism in her casting which is not something that a fleeting scene like dota 2 or esports in general needs iunno shed be fine as like a secondary caster but as the main caster for an event i feel like she shouldnt be there get over it u virgins just because shes a girl doesnt mean shes automatically a better caster :)

Chris R

Is there a way to see which server a game took place on? Nobody in my last game spoke English very well, but I guess it might have been a USW game considering how terrible most of my team was. Phantom Assassin with 35k gold is fun though.

shira

its cool that this girl expresses herself and stuff free spirit womens rights etc but honestly theres zero professionalism in her casting which is not something that a fleeting scene like dota 2 or esports in general needs iunno shed be fine as like a secondary caster but as the main caster for an event i feel like she shouldnt be there get over it u virgins just because shes a girl doesnt mean shes automatically a better caster :)
But she's not a pro caster. She's a streamer. Did she even get paid? Seems like she was a last minute option and did it for twitch hits.

Hylian7

You move the midas to druid when the cooldown is up, use it, then put it back on the bear so it gets the attack speed bonus. Same concept if you have two, except maybe you leave one on the druid permanently.
Don't they share cooldown on the same unit though, so you would have to use one from the bear?

JustinBB7

Blog post from Matt up, also talks about no heroes at the end:

Predictions For The Next Hero

I know the community has been disappointed and frustrated by the lack of new heroes in the recent months which is why I feel it is best to keep you updated and tell you that Legion Commander is not really at a stage where she is ready for release and will most likely not be here for a little while yet. However in the mean time there is plenty of progress going on with other cool things that will hopefully be seen sometime soon which you guys should enjoy.

I know in the past we have had multi hero releases before but that often came with a large number of bugs with each new addition, those heroes also were not workshop ready and were missing a number of animations, dialogue lines or expression hookups etc. The multi hero updates were also made possible by months worth of prior work with some heroes being spread over a six month or longer period.

The workload required on the more recent batch of heroes has slowly been increasing over time with the addition of a wide range of new animations, the addition of being Workshop ready on release and having the correct breakdown in order to prevent having to remove the hero from the Workshop and halt progress on the community items like we have seen in the past along with just an overall higher quality model and texture work.

Again this is a small snippet of the extra requirements when working on a hero now and in the long run it makes much more sense to take more care when working on these new heroes and to try and prevent any more addition bugs entering the system. This doesn’t mean you won’t be getting new heroes, it just means the speed in that specific area will most likely slow down a little and instead we will see more focus on improving the overall game, fixing bugs and revisiting a number of the older heroes in the game who are long due updates in order to bring them in line with the rest of the hero pool.

It also means we will also get to look forward to some huge new additions such as custom game support and the wide scale of possibilities that will hopefully be doable in that system, those of you who did play Warcraft 3 and experienced their custom maps will have an idea of what I’m talking about.

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/09/dota-2-6th-september/

Des0lar

will learn eventually
http://dotabuff.com/matches/302181309

Just had a super intense game as Luna.... Never liked her really much as a carry, but that game showed me the power of lategame glaives.

Props to all my gaffer teammates! After the rough midgame where naix and bloodseeker got pickoffs left and right, we managed to hang on until the bitter end!

shira

http://dotabuff.com/matches/302181309

Just had a super intense game as Luna.... Never liked her really much as a carry, but that game showed me the power of lategame glaives.

Props to all my gaffer teammates! After the rough midgame where naix and bloodseeker got pickoffs left and right, we managed to hang on until the bitter end!

BF BH
no-BKB Sven.

GGWP

luna is the best carry in mm, or at the very least the hardest to lose with :p
Intiator no BKB. Not sure how those team fights went.
Sven stun her [melts]

Why don't they just release the heroes then work on adding the extra animations later like they've been doing for most of them? T

I'm sure most people won't be mad if they don't wave their arms when they TP.

I still believe the staff has been reduced on the game and it is on a post launch maintenance mode.

Skab

Why don't they just release the heroes then work on adding the extra animations later like they've been doing for most of them? T

I'm sure most people won't be mad if they don't wave their arms when they TP.

I still believe the staff has been reduced on the game and it is on a post launch maintenance mode.

Because theyre working on other things, like custom game modes, getting community items implemented, updating older heroes that are in bad need of updating (just look at Zues.)

Going back and fixing things on heroes requires stopping the work being done in other areas. Makes more sense to slow down the hero production and push the new heroes out being fully completed and ready for item submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom