• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because theyre working on other things, like custom game modes, getting community items implemented, updating older heroes that are in bad need of updating (just look at Zues.)

Going back and fixing things on heroes requires stopping the work being done in other areas. Makes more sense to slow down the hero production and push the new heroes out being fully completed and ready for item submissions.

Yeah but that hasn't been the case. Troll & ET aren't item ready and those are some of the newest heroes, they had a lengthy development process as well. They've also released greeviling and diretide + more heroes per month, while the last few game modes have been just rule sets being changed (AR, limited hero, least picked)..

shira

Hes under contract, and moved to Bellevue when TI3 started. He's also even posted pictures on twitter of his valve employee handbook.

So, uh, yes.

GGWP.

Well nothing he says is anything more than the company line now.

KingKong

Hes under contract, and moved to Bellevue when TI3 started. He's also even posted pictures on twitter of his valve employee handbook.

So, uh, yes.

anyone could get the Valve Employee handbook

and what exactly would he be hired for? being able to dig into the game files and load them in a model viewer?

Lotto

Very nice
Dota2_Items_TideBlink.jpg

I don't know why it looks so bad when Tidehunter's holding it. Looks pretty good from this viewer:

You move the midas to druid when the cooldown is up, use it, then put it back on the bear so it gets the attack speed bonus. Same concept if you have two, except maybe you leave one on the druid permanently.

Anyone who gets a double midas isn't going to do that. I actually checked Nymerio's match to be certain and sure enough once the second midas was on its way he puts it on the bear and uses it while it's on the bear.

Boken

Banned
hi guys i had a really weird dream last night

i dreamt i was a girl and i was casting some games and people on neogaf were watching me

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Is there something notable that CyborgMatt does aside from his blog? I'm just trying to figure out why people think Valve would hire someone who hasn't really done anything but dig through patches and put the info out there.

Is there something notable that Cyborg does aside from his blog? I'm just trying to figure out why people would think Valve would hire someone who hasn't really done anything but dig through patches and put the info out there.

He has shagbark, and a popular twitter? He guest stars on the giant bomb stream sometimes?

You know, checks all those boxes to be a valve employee.

I've had mostly good results lately. Get out of the trench and things get better.

why you still complain then

Kreunt

Banned
So I got my Troll win rate to exactly 80% again. and now I kinda don't want to play him ever again because that rounded figure is too nice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nothing but loses tonight, and I count one game as just us throwing. Oh well, at least got some practice in on Wisp. Wisp hard.

Kard8p3

So I got my Troll win rate to exactly 80% again. and now I kinda don't want to play him ever again because that rounded figure is too nice.

I feel you. I'm like 17/6 with bounty and I don't even want to touch him. Afraid of dropping that lol.

JustinBB7

The whole valve staff handbook thing doesn't mean shit no, and I doubt he works for Valve. But he's still in America I think. So either it's a very long vacation or he does actually do something there now. But that would only be very recently.

Dunno what he would he do though. Could be some stuff for a new documentary or helping out with new stuff like fantasy league site stuff maybe?

vehn

Bought the flowering treants for NP a month ago for $40 with the plushie, sold them for $280 on steam market today. Feels good man

I actually have a question for the Very High players; at what point do you realise you have to change builds/playstyle/etc to keep up with everyone else?

I mean I would really like to keep running around with Phase/Deso Gondar and Treads/Aquila/Helm Luna as an example but at some point I'm gonna have to nerd up and go Drums/BKB on both just so I don't instantly blow up.

Swig_

I think I'm just going to start dodging matches with Spirit Breaker in them. It's not worth my 45 minutes to fight an uphill battle against such a broken hero in pubs.

ksan

I actually have a question for the Very High players; at what point do you realise you have to change builds/playstyle/etc to keep up with everyone else?

I mean I would really like to keep running around with Phase/Deso Gondar and Treads/Aquila/Helm Luna as an example but at some point I'm gonna have to nerd up and go Drums/BKB on both just so I instantly don't blow up.

It's really hard to say, it's more about the individual game you're in, and it should come naturally.
If you feel that you are starting to lose games because you didn't have an optimal item build (e.g. dying too many times cause you didn't have bkb on gondar), you could start looking at other options.
I usually have my go-to builds, but if circumstances tell me otherwise I'm open to other options.
I think I'm just going to start dodging matches with Spirit Breaker in them. It's not worth my 45 minutes to fight an uphill battle against such a broken hero in pubs.

But the uphill battles are the best wins!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody got any tips on playing carries when I don't feel like I'm getting the team support that I think I deserve and give whenever I'm playing support? Most of the carries in this game feel insanely weak at low levels and I usually get squashed very easily even if it's just 1 on 1 with a ganker. Even when I'm playing with friends and getting harassed badly out of my lane and getting no farm I get no assistance with everybody just worrying about their own lane and farm but then I get blamed and called bad when I die and/or get no farm and can't properly carry the team. All the while the rest of the team was basically feeding in our off lane as well.

Admittedly I don't think I've properly honed my survival instinct enough that I feel I'm totally blameless, but I still don't feel like it's all my fault when I'm say PL safe lane with a Dazzle support and we're getting completely zoned out of farm by a Silencer and Skywrath. Then as soon as night time rolls around I'm an all you can eat buffet for Nightstalker and Bara. What could I have done in this situation?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/302086637

These guys were totally ready to completely shut me down, the NS and Bara had dust. They kept wards up all over our jungle so I couldn't get farm there without getting charged and killed 1v1. It was just a disaster of a game.

GorillaJu

Anybody got any tips on playing carries when I don't feel like I'm getting the team support that I think I deserve and give whenever I'm playing support? Most of the carries in this game feel insanely weak at low levels and I usually get squashed very easily even if it's just 1 on 1 with a ganker. Even when I'm playing with friends and getting harassed badly out of my lane and getting no farm I get no assistance with everybody just worrying about their own lane and farm but then I get blamed and called bad when I die and/or get no farm and can't properly carry the team. All the while the rest of the team was basically feeding in our off lane as well.

Admittedly I don't think I've properly honed my survival instinct enough that I feel I'm totally blameless, but I still don't feel like it's all my fault when I'm say PL safe lane with a Dazzle support and we're getting completely zoned out of farm by a Silencer and Skywrath. Then as soon as night time rolls around I'm an all you can eat buffet for Nightstalker and Bara. What could I have done in this situation?

These guys were totally ready to completely shut me down, the NS and Bara had dust. They kept wards up all over our jungle so I couldn't get farm there without getting charged and killed 1v1. It was just a disaster of a game.

Lifestealer is pretty hard to gank because of his magic immunity button. Try playing him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Lifestealer is pretty hard to gank because of his magic immunity button. Try playing him.

Tried him last week. Result was poor: http://dotabuff.com/matches/293392004

The few times I've had success with carries of any kind have been mostly one sided domination where the rest of my team seemed to be doing well and/or we were facing off against a bunch of unorganized newbies, like these:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/301210318
http://dotabuff.com/matches/285129047

There have been many many more failures than successes tho and I'm not sure if that's my fault, my team's fault, a problem of team composition, or if we're just getting the raw end of the matchmaking.

Randdalf

You could try Alchemist, he's very good at recovering from an early game deficit if you have the space to farm.

You can play carries who don't really need to be babysat as much like Lifestealer. I really don't like playing Anti-Mage for that reason. Your lineup in that match doesn't really work either. No stuns, not much in the way of nukes or AOE to work with a vacuum/wall. And Dazzle gives nice sustain in lane but can't harass a whole lot espcially with a shorter attack range than Skywrath.

I'm just watching the start of the match now as well and I think you need to work on your last hits. Just practice with bots for a bit with a carry you want to play as until you are sure you can get at least 50 by 10 minutes (might not have it as easy against human players).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom