• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

If you are stealing the enemy jungle do you clear all the creeps or do you leave the smallest creep as a "fuck you" to the other team

I don't think I've ever seen a pubber juggernaut (Pubbernaut?) do anything remotely good. They are always terrible. Bloodseekers aren't much better and the only occasions they are is when I face them.

early jugg sucks hard if there is no one to help him get early spin kills, really needs that UAM and AGS.

I don't think I've ever seen a pubber juggernaut (Pubbernaut?) do anything remotely good. They are always terrible. Bloodseekers aren't much better and the only occasions they are is when I face them.

most jugs try to spend too much time farming and not enough time ganking/pushing. Omni and Spin are ridiculous early on and healing ward is borderline imba.

ViviOggi

most jugs try to spend too much time farming and not enough time ganking/pushing. Omni and Spin are ridiculous early on and healing ward is borderline imba.

I wish they'd finally remove that goddamn Battlefury from his core suggested items and do the same for BH while they're at it.

shira

I wish they'd finally remove that goddamn Battlefury from his core suggested items and do the same for BH while they're at it.

Agree, spend 4100 farming to get an item that will help you jungle faster. That's like 100 last hits. Most pubs can't do that in the first half hour.

ViviOggi

After playing around with it for about a week, I believe I at least have a good config set up to allow me to stream without lagging out my game to much. Bit low quality though, having to put my bitrate at 700 kb/s. Not sure if I should do 960x540 (Half 1080p), or 720p though.

Here is a game I played at 720p:
http://www.twitch.tv/drkirby/c/2895749

And here is a game at 960x540:
http://www.twitch.tv/drkirby/c/2894522

Thoughts on Video Quality?

Good to see my mates aren't the only ones prone to heated discussions about trivial mistakes
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

Quality is entirely watchable in both for me, obviously 720p is a tad better but the difference is actually smaller than I would have expected.

Acinixys

If Bloodseeker doesnt have 4-10 kills and a radiance by 20 -25 mins hes bad

If Juggernaut rushes battlefury hes bad IMO. Ive never seen a good Jugger buy a BF. Desolator is so much better because you still attack while spinning, so u can hit their whole team with -armour in a fight

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
early jugg sucks hard if there is no one to help him get early spin kills, really needs that UAM and AGS.

Nope.

Nope.

If Juggernaut rushes battlefury hes bad IMO. Ive never seen a good Jugger buy a BF. Desolator is so much better because you still attack while spinning, so u can hit their whole team with -armour in a fight

BF is situational, and usually suboptimal. Keep in mind the same logic you apply to deso applies to bf, you can cleave inside omni as well. Which is what I assume you mean.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't listen to pro, he plays Jugg AND Bloodseeker.

Mid.

Low Tier
everyone has their own unique playstyle just because you dont like it or it doesnt work for you doesnt mean you should flame them by calling them bad remember everyone is at different points in terms of skill and time in this game and it is much better to simply point out what they are doing wrong or could be doing better instead of just simply calling them baddies which they may or may not be i mean have you guys even tried it before who knows it may work :)

JustinBB7

Fuck, played a 53 minute Chen game, played my ass off and my team just makes these stupid decisions all the time. They wanted me to deward because I was the only ranged hero, so everybody stands around each other. While Tidehunter blinks into them and double ravages. Followed by Kunkka boat and all their other stuff.

Why not wait on the high ground in the fog when you know they have a blink tide, mirana ult that can come in any second.. god damn.

Gofu

Banned

my mom said if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything a tall :)

Mordeccai

I'm at the point where I'm really trying to up my game after 300 hours of player matches, so I'm watching people on youtube like purge and singsing and stuff. I notice though that often, at least in Purge videos, he is in a dual lane vs a single hero which makes his job to farm super fucking easy if his support is doing anything. This doesn't apply to me at all because I'm still at the point where the laning is the traditional 2-1-2 set up.

Anybody recommend me some good casters / streamers to watch to pick up some tricks and tips here and there, where there isn't much trilane / solo lane action so that I can actually apply it?

One of the facts in the Fnatic/VP game is that the average time for a battlefury on AM is 16.45. I'm guessing that's just from pro games, right? I'm never entirely sure what the timing for big items in pub games should be.

Even in a pub game you should have BF by 20. 25 at the absolute latest, especially if you get treads first (both assuming safe lane). Otherwise your game has been kind of shit. I really only play AM in stacks though when I'm guaranteed to have good support to protect my farm. He definitely works best with a coordinated team (though who doesn't?)

Week or 2 old. Was in the blog post after TI3

More like 3-4 weeks at this point.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What the fuck did I miss the change in the meta where every team, regardless of composition, starts five man roaming from like minutes 10?

Fuck Sniper. I don't care what anyone says about his damage. At level five his autoattacks take off one third the health of a fucking SLARDAR

Sibylus

Banned
Fills my heart with light to see an Antimage shat on so hard as he is right now (5 last hits at 9 minutes). Was second picked, too.

Fills my heart with light to see an Antimage shat on so hard as he is right now (5 last hits at 9 minutes). Was second picked, too.

That...was just really bad play. Not that Korok was slacking.

Vs. a Windrunner like that you really gotta grab a PMS early so you don't harassed out of lane, but he had regen and wasn't even going for last hits. Just a Nyx and a WR in the laning stage aren't gonna be able to kill you before you blink away dude.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of it. I don't know what jugg's core would be but I usually have good games by rushing aghanims first. Yasha, Deso, Vlads are all really good on him.

so the other day i played with a group, and one of the guys every time we would get ready to go into a big fight would have some pretty epic music play over his mic, he was like DJ'ing the whole game it was so epic. I asked around and I guess there is a program for this? Anyone know how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom