• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

profit

Solo Queue from here on out..

Playing single draft to learn new heroes and end up with Broodmother.

Not my best game by any account, but getting sarcastically shit on the whole time by a group of 4 playing together is not fun.

Just ignore it.
In most cases, if you just don't respond to such people they'll leave you alone and they'll just find a new target.

KingKong

Does Bulldog really only play Lone Druid/Nature's Prophet/Bounty Hunter even on a random stream? now that's dedication

also you guys ready for the 3 hero patch this week? Cyborgmatt said there won't be any heroes any time soon but we all know that he's just trying to trick us so that it's a suprise

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
These are pretty awesome. She's only got 2 in stock right now. I'm going to have to keep checking back for when she gets more.

Considering the line about an influx of orders wasn't there last night, I don't think she expected them to be such a hit. It really is a good price point too.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does Bulldog really only play Lone Druid/Nature's Prophet/Bounty Hunter even on a random stream? now that's dedication

also you guys ready for the 3 hero patch this week? Cyborgmatt said there won't be any heroes any time soon but we all know that he's just trying to trick us so that it's a suprise

Usually only after Sheever sucks it up badly enough that he rages and goes into tryhard mode. I've seen him play a bunch of different heroes in the few weeks since I started watching him regularly. He has a disgustingly good Bane offlane game last week.

Bane offlane is amazing.

Once you get your soul ring, you're so ahead in levels compared to the others your brain sap rips them apart. Oh they try and be aggressive on you? Oh well now you're nightmare'd.

ksan

Bane offlane is amazing.

Once you get your soul ring, you're so ahead in levels compared to the others your brain sap rips them apart. Oh they try and be aggressive on you? Oh well now you're nightmare'd.

You forgot to the part where you never get a soul ring/lvl 2 :p

I don't believe it until I see it done in a competitive game!

ViviOggi

Oh boy I'm so excited

Usually only after Sheever sucks it up badly enough that he rages and goes into tryhard mode.

Whatever goes on between the two can't possibly be enough to compensate for playing with her all day.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Whatever goes on between the two can't possibly be enough to compensate for playing with her all day.

People (mostly the cretins in Bulldog's chat) roast Sheever for being bad all the time but she makes that stream as good as it is. She's not a great Dota player but I figure she's playing in a skill bracket way over her head. Even tho they lose a lot of games, she's responsible for so much of the hilarity that goes on. Like that one time Bulldog told her to lay a ward and pinged the high ground near their base then when she threw it down he force staff'd her up there and then stole the TP off the courier when she tried to get down lol. Between that and all the antics him and Xyclopz get up to, that has easily become my favorite Dota stream. The Gondar/Bara "Arrest this man!" hijinks never gets old. I don't think I've ever seen them win a game as that duo but that's shit's funny as heck.

I finally got a game where I randomed Spectre and was the only carry and was allowed to farm. Unbelievably fun and powerful. Makes up for the dozen other games I've had with her where I felt useless.

ViviOggi

People (mostly the cretins in Bulldog's chat) roast Sheever for being bad all the time but she makes that stream as good as it is. She's not a great Dota player but I figure she's playing in a skill bracket way over her head. Even tho they lose a lot of games, she's responsible for so much of the hilarity that goes on. Like that one time Bulldog told her to lay a ward and pinged the high ground near their base then when she threw it down he force staff'd her up there and then stole the TP off the courier when she tried to get down lol. Between that and all the antics him and Xyclopz get up to, that has easily become my favorite Dota stream. The Gondar/Bara "Arrest this man!" hijinks never gets old. I don't think I've ever seen them win a game as that duo but that's shit's funny as heck.

That's true, Xyclopz definitely deserves his title.

I gotta say I laughed my ass off watching them play with Sheever when any one of them loses their shit at each other or at one of the randoms.Bulldog especially is prone to raging at everyone.

I don't get the Sheever hate though. She's neither great at playing nor casting Dota but neither of those facts make it okay for people to say the ridiculously hateful comments I hear about her.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Playing with friends, everything better than expected, then our CK decides that his first item should be Manta Style and doesn't bother for Armlet at all. Also next item after MS is Satanic. Then he bought a void stone. I don't even want to know what for....

We lost.

aeolist

Banned
I gotta say I laughed my ass off watching them play with Sheever when any one of them loses their shit at each other or at one of the randoms.Bulldog especially is prone to raging at everyone.

I don't get the Sheever hate though. She's neither great at playing nor casting Dota but neither of those facts make it okay for people to say the ridiculously hateful comments I hear about her.

yeah the sheever hate can be kinda gross sometimes

JustinBB7

It would need to be a free ride + all expenses paid, and judging from their mansion/gaming house - they ain't taking coach or 4 star hotels.

eS4_6e4d3.jpg

eS19_640b2.jpg

eS18_0989b.jpg

iVny3UfYsPs7E.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
VG vs Rattlesnake
t1378731600z1.png

Dammnnn that's nice.

domstah

So 80 hours in, and I have a few favorites but mostly I've been trying to get experience with as many heroes as possible. Is it a good idea to focus on a core number of characters I like or keep experimenting?

Was getting just absolutely owned last night by a dagon tinker as nyx...said fuck it and decided to buy blademail. Tinker proceeds to BoT in, double march, dagon himself to death and then calls me a hacker.

JustinBB7

So 80 hours in, and I have a few favorites but mostly I've been trying to get experience with as many heroes as possible. Is it a good idea to focus on a core number of characters I like or keep experimenting?

Do the A-Z challenge.

I did it after focusing on a few heroes first. Then I just tried every hero after each other. Watched the dotacinema (on youtube) introduction video first, then play the hero in a bot game, then play it in a real game. Then moved on to another hero in alphabetical order.

That's how you learn/know every hero (to an extent) which really, really helps.

dk_

The DOTA network is acting weird for me today. The connection seems to be unstable and I get the "Thank you! We've recently taken action..." message every 10 seconds.

Edit: Works now after restarting Steam.

Pratfall

My approach has been to get a stable of 8-10 heroes I am very comfortable with (since I play strictly RD, at least one of them shows up) and play until I have better game/map/role responsibility sense. Once I am done with this (I am in the middle), I will start doing the A-Z challenge I think. I only think this has merit because you then aren't battling both hero mechanics and larger game wide responsibilities at the same time.

I always forget: dispersion and bristleback aren't affected by hex, right?
Pretty sure hex disables both of those.

Edit: Wait, playdota says otherwise. Hmmm. They should update the dota 2 wiki to clarify that.

2nd:
Some effects of abilities show different behaviours because of various reasons, here be some examples.

* Dragon Blood - It's bonuses are granted by Upgrades, so it isn't disabled.

* Feral Heart - It is an aura but it's effects are granted by a dummy unit, so Hexing Lycanthrope won't disable it.

* Triggered Effects - Some abilities' effects are done by triggers. These effects triggered via events like "unit has learned the ability" or boolean checks like "unit has X ability, true", so abilities like Dispersion, Counter Helix, Bristleback are not disabled, they work properly.

* Rot, Pulse Nova, Voodoo Restoration are disabled ( If you cast Hex while they are activated ) but they won't drain mana or health. Pulse Nova and Vodoo Restoration are also deactivated.

Play them all. If you don't want to experiment in live games, go A-Z in bot games and try every hero's abilities in team fights at least a couple of times, quit, and do another game. You'll figure out your favorites and learn what to expect from everyone.

Avallon

So guys, a few questions to help me get better:

How do I bind keystrokes to the rune spots?
What's the quickest way to bottle crow?

rohnjambo

Neo Member
dota 2 seems like a nice wholesome RTS. i tried LoL and couldn't stand it with the lack of teamwork and the obsessive building in place of strategy. i've heard dota 2 requires more strategy, even with the usage of builds.
think i'll try this out soon.

Leezard

dota 2 seems like a nice wholesome RTS. i tried LoL and couldn't stand it with the lack of teamwork and the obsessive building in place of strategy. i've heard dota 2 requires more strategy, even with the usage of builds.

You're not going to find teamwork in low skill level matches in either game.

there aren't really too many heroes in Dota 2 with "builds." There might be certain distributions that work better than others, but pretty much anything goes. I guess you'd get made fun of for really strange things (like a passive that does absolutely nothing without other abilities as your first skill, like on Earthshaker or Zeus), but overall nobody cares the order of skills you get as long as you make them work well.

Randdalf

So guys, a few questions to help me get better:

How do I bind keystrokes to the rune spots?

bind “F5″ “dota_camera_setpos -2273.898682 1232.745483 982.072876″ for the top rune

bind “F6″ “dota_camera_setpos 3035.773438 -2972.680176 966.072937″ for the bottom rune

shira

Yeah volvo doesn't let the shit items through. Only the cream of the crop

milkman you need to try this on the Rift if you haven't already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlEOuUqVn_U

Dam he LightofHeaven'd at then end

iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

#rroadtoti4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom