• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohnjambo

Neo Member
there aren't really too many heroes in Dota 2 with "builds." There might be certain distributions that work better than others, but pretty much anything goes. I guess you'd get made fun of for really strange things (like a passive that does absolutely nothing without other abilities as your first skill, like on Earthshaker or Zeus), but overall nobody cares the order of skills you get as long as you make them work well.

that's what i wanted to hear.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
iCI7hXuUm6WTT.gif

Kard8p3

bind “F5″ “dota_camera_setpos -2273.898682 1232.745483 982.072876″ for the top rune

bind “F6″ “dota_camera_setpos 3035.773438 -2972.680176 966.072937″ for the bottom rune

I'm going to sound really dumb for asking this.. but how do I go about this?

how come people don't buy armlet on alchemist? it's really good if you're fighting early and works well with his ult. also +armor

I'm going to sound really dumb for asking this.. but how do I go about this?

put on the autoexec.cfg file or on the console. don't know if these binds would persist on game restart if you just type them on console

Artanisix

how come people don't buy armlet on alchemist? it's really good if you're fighting early and works well with his ult. also +armor

put on the autoexec.cfg file or on the console. don't know if these binds would persist on game restart if you just type them
console

Alchemist farms so fast that it isn't worth getting those midgame items if you're doing well. He's limited by t the amount of open slots he has and not necessarily b by the price.

Avallon

Isn't all this console modification stuff kinda cheating? I know there are scripts that can be used to:

• bind each of Invoker's spells to different keys without having to know the combos
  • autocast Shadow Fiend's Raze based on distance from the target
  • toggle armlet in 0.2 seconds, avoiding DOT damage
How does the community view these things? They seem pretty advantageous to me.

shira

Isn't all this console modification stuff kinda cheating? I know there are scripts that can be used to:

• bind each of Invoker's spells to different keys without having to know the combos
Dota2_UI_Report.jpg

Allchat: Blue's using hacks, report him

Kard8p3

So.. I tried the autoexec.cfg thing, but it doesn't work, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and now I feel all kinds of dumb, lmao..

Razzer

So there was a 70 minute interview with 2GD posted on reddit.http://www.aceresport.com/uk/content/362.htm
The interviewer unfortunately spends a lot of time trying to bait criticism of Riot but there is some fairly interesting stuff about Dota 2 and the wider e-sports scene so I thought it would be interesting. His idea of Valve creating an SDK for game developers to implement their own version of dota tv on steam games was particularly fascinating.

Arkanius

[*]toggle armlet in 0.2 seconds, avoiding DOT damage

Explain this to me
And Armlet Toggling in general, I never could grasp the concept.

Snowdrift

Having teammates who dick around and farm when you should be pushing racks is infuriating. Lost the game as a result, despite having a commanding position at the 30 minute mark.

Dec

Sure you can do some cheap stuff with it but there are many commands that aren't cheats.

Changing each health bar pip to 100hp instead of 250, enabling right click deny instead of A click, turn on and off autoattack with one key press instead of fiddling in the options menu.

Lotto

So.. I tried the autoexec.cfg thing, but it doesn't work, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and now I feel all kinds of dumb, lmao..

After you make your autoexec.cfg file make sure you bind a key to activate it. This is what my current notepad looks like.

"bind" "F5" "exec autoexec.cfg"

cl_cmdrate "60"
cl_updaterate "60"
rate "80000"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_smooth "1"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_pred_optimize "2"
engine_no_focus_sleep "0"
dota_disable_range_finder "0"
cl_forcepreload "1"
sv_forcepreload "1"
dota_minimap_hero_size "700"

net_graph "1"

//1920x1080
//net_graphinsetbottom "437"
//net_graphinsetright "-130"

net_graphheight "64"
net_graphproportionalfont "0"
net_graphinsetleft "0"
net_graphpos "1"
net_graphtext "1"

bind "F1" "dota_camera_setpos -2273.898682 1232.745483 982.072876"
bind "F2" "dota_camera_setpos 3035.773438 -2972.680176 966.072937"

Basically I just pressed f5 to activate it once I was in the Dota 2 client but you can bind it to any key, same goes for the camera spots (f1 and f2 for me). I don't remember ever pressing it again after I turned it on the first time. I kinda just took someone else's autoexec lol (
thanks arteezy, best solo mid na
) but there's other stuff you can find too (mine also gives me a range indicator and fps/ping data).

Kard8p3

After you make your autoexec.cfg file make sure you bind a key to activate it. This is what my current notepad looks like.

Basically I just pressed f5 to activate it once I was in the Dota 2 client but you can bind it to any key, same goes for the camera spots (f1 and f2 for me). I don't remember ever pressing it again after I turned it on the first time. I kinda just took someone else's autoexec lol (
thanks arteezy, best solo mid na
) but there's other stuff you can find too (mine also gives me a range indicator and fps/ping data).

Thanks, I stole that!

However, F2 doesn't work for me, but F1 does, not sure why this is happening lol.

edit: I fixed it, not sure what F2 was set at, but it wasn't set for the bottom rune lol.

Karakand

there aren't really too many heroes in Dota 2 with "builds." There might be certain distributions that work better than others, but pretty much anything goes. I guess you'd get made fun of for really strange things (like a passive that does absolutely nothing without other abilities as your first skill, like on Earthshaker or Zeus), but overall nobody cares the order of skills you get as long as you make them work well.

lol the people I play with yell at me if I don't start out with Gush when playing Tidehunter.

Boken

Banned
dota 2 seems like a nice wholesome RTS. i tried LoL and couldn't stand it with the lack of teamwork and the obsessive building in place of strategy. i've heard dota 2 requires more strategy, even with the usage of builds.
think i'll try this out soon.

lol the people I play with yell at me if I don't start out with Gush when playing Tidehunter.

in fact... people in this thread complain about builds all the time

Man the most disappointing feel in this game is having a higher gpm than enemy and good kda as a carry yet your team still loses because of 1-2 players doing dumb plays
fuck you tower divers
. Meanwhile their carry misses 80% of his last hits and still gets to win in the end...

zoku88

anyway, I'm pretty much just starting dota <100 games.(pretty much coinciding with the Linux release) I was wondering if there was some easy way to play with fellow gaffers. I've just been playing with randoms so far, but I've heard mobas are much more fun when playing with friends.

Low Tier
anyway, I'm pretty much just starting dota <100 games.(pretty much coinciding with the Linux release) I was wondering if there was some easy way to play with fellow gaffers. I've just been playing with randoms so far, but I've heard mobas are much more fun when playing with friends.

mumble neogaf guild neogaf ingame channel post here iunno figure it out theres people of all skill levels here just find a group ur comfortable playing with and having fun with and just stick with that good luck welcome to dota :)

Lotto

Watching these MLG games.. 1159 GPM Alchemist, so ridiculous how much free farm he was able to get during the laning phase.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
mumble neogaf guild neogaf ingame channel post here iunno figure it out theres people of all skill levels here just find a group ur comfortable playing with and having fun with and just stick with that good luck welcome to dota :)

What he means is:

1) We have a mumble server: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
2) We have an in-game chat channel. Click the + icon near the chat bubble at the upper right and type in 'Neogaf'
3) We have a Neogaf guild. Once you're in the channel, ask for an invite and if one of the officers is on, they will send one to you

zoku88

What he means is:

1) We have a mumble server: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
2) We have an in-game chat channel. Click the + icon near the chat bubble at the upper right and type in 'Neogaf'
3) We have a Neogaf guild. Once you're in the channel, ask for an invite and if one of the officers is on, they will send one to you
ah, I see. thanks for the help guys. I saw a neogaf channel on the dota client, but I guess no one uses that.

I'll see if I can join some matches with gaffers now :)

what does pumpkin pie taste like?

Delicious.

Do they not have pumpkins in Australia? Although, not many people make pumpkin pie from scratch at home, they use premade filling that's in a can, which I suppose wouldn't be common outside the U.S.

It's more common to see in the winter holiday months (October, November, December), though you can find it at other times of the year too.

Boken

Banned
Delicious.

Do they not have pumpkins in Australia? Although, not many people make pumpkin pie from scratch at home, they use premade filling that's in a can, which I suppose wouldn't be common outside the U.S.

It's more common to see in the winter holiday months (October, November, December), though you can find it at other times of the year too.
nope, no pumpkin pie. harry potter got me pretty interested though.

we have pavlova instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom