• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
6a00e54fb092d588340147e02e0e25970b-800wi.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isn't all this console modification stuff kinda cheating? I know there are scripts that can be used to:

• bind each of Invoker's spells to different keys without having to know the combos
  • autocast Shadow Fiend's Raze based on distance from the target
  • toggle armlet in 0.2 seconds, avoiding DOT damage
How does the community view these things? They seem pretty advantageous to me.

I don't think that second one is actually possible.

Ahahaha SF was gonna beat Dignitas but lost the throne to creeps alone. Amazing.

And room temperature pumpkin pie is alright, warm it sometimes starts to get gross. Cold is fine too.

Swig_

How does the abandon game system work for wins/losses? No one seems to know and everyone has their own opinion.

I'm mostly interested in what happens when someone rage quits or discs well into the game. Some people seem to think you get a win or loss. Some people seem to think the game doesn't count.

Low Tier
How does the abandon game system work for wins/losses? No one seems to know and everyone has their own opinion.

I'm mostly interested in what happens when someone rage quits or discs well into the game. Some people seem to think you get a win or loss. Some people seem to think the game doesn't count.

u get a loss no matter what happens even if your team wins so you should always try to play it out until the end :)

you used to be able to leave until the first 5 minutes of the match if there was no first blood, but people started abusing that to dodge bad picks so it seems valve changed it

you only get a loss if your team losses though, unless they changed that too

i think you can still leave during the load time if you want to dodge a player/stack

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Lets say the person leaves at about 10 minutes in, first blood has happened, guy gets mad and leaves. This person will receive a loss no matter what, even if his team wins. The game will still count for both sides, but anyone is free to leave the game.

The only times a game doesn't count for the other 9 people is if they quit before 5 minutes or first blood, which ever happens first.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
did they change it then? you didn't get one before

i didn't see anything in the last 2 patches about it either

Yes, if you AFK at the pick screen, you will get an abandon, and always did. What they changed a few weeks ago was not getting an abandon if you left entirely before picking a hero (Since they assumed you must of crashed), they eventually realized that if you loaded into the map you likely quit manually and were trying to dodge a player or a draft.

Swig_

So if you're winning a game, and someone DCs, you still get the win? I've had several games where someone rage quits halfway through on the opposing team and they taunt our team because they think we won't get a win.

Yes, if you AFK at the pick screen, you will get an abandon, and always did. What they changed a few weeks ago was not getting an abandon if you left entirely before picking a hero (Since they assumed you much of crashed), they eventually realized that if you loaded into the map you likely quit manually and were trying to dodge a player or a draft.

are you sure it used to be like that? i thought if you just issued a disconnect and then clicked the leave game button, it wouldn't count (as long as it was before the first 5 min and there was no fb before you did everything). it would only count if you were to dc and then wait for the 5 minute countdown. the other guy i quoted (from the dev forum) assumes it works like that too. i think you're mistaking it because of the 5 minutes it takes to consider you as a leaver, which you could just bypass by using the dc command or closing and reopening the game

either way they changed it, so i guess it doesn't really matter. did they announce it officially somewhere? i didn't see anything in the patch notes

So if you're winning a game, and someone DCs, you still get the win? I've had several games where someone rage quits halfway through on the opposing team and they taunt our team because they think we won't get a win.

you get the win if your team destroys the enemy ancient

Boken

Banned

yes

the enemy team were idiots

ps. camo teemo > ugly ass sniper

batting for the wrong team

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Yes, as long as first blood has occurred before the d/c happens then the game counts. Nobody in MM seems to understand this, I agree. Seems like every other game with a d/c has the team complaining about how it doesn't count when it clearly does. The left side events message thing clearly says if the game doesn't count.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
It will tell you if you're going to get a win/loss or not. Either it will say the game is safe to leave and no stats will be recorded or it will just say that it's safe to leave.

KingKong

new Quantic roster

Brian “MaNia” Strandby
Mikkel “miGGel” Berg
Adrian “FATA-” Trinks
Titouan “Sockshka” Merloz
Sébastien “7ckngMad” Debs

but apparently FATA is still on Mouz? weird

Ultimatum

Banned
I hate it when people DC on the other team, when 2-3 people leave the remaining players get so much bonus farm that it drags out the game too much and then your own team just leaves giving you the loss. Stats shouldn't be recorded if it isn't 5v5.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I hate it when people DC on the other team, when 2-3 people leave the remaining players get so much bonus farm that it drags out the game too much and then your own team just leaves giving you the loss. Stats shouldn't be recorded if it isn't 5v5.

D/Cs are way too common for this to be a solution. Practically 1/3 games would end with no stats. And I've played plenty of great games on both sides of a 4v5.

Really they should just finally implement join-in-progress or bots taking over.

Swig_

Disconnecters should be punished more harshly. Give them a week in the low priority pool instead of 48 hours.

I agree. It's incredibly frustrating and a huge waste of time. If it wasn't that common of an occurrence, I wouldn't mind, but there are days where most of my games involve someone leaving or disconnecting. Happens way too often.

Also, I love Jessica Nigiri. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom