• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm in class so I can't see the stream. What are the picks in the alliance game?

Empire: Clock, Weave, Enigma, Wisp, Troll

Alliance: Puck, Chen, Antimage, Naga, Bounty Hunter.

At 9 minutes in, it is 0/3 in favor of alliance (And they just killed Empier's courier)

shira

turns out that Alliance is still pretty good

Tomorrow: Alliance vs Kaipi
t1378922400z1.png

Nymerio

Turns out I can't play Enchantress for shit :(

I tried jungling and the jungling itself went rather well, but as soon as I'm trying to do something with my creeps I'm totally overwhelmed. When I was trying to net someone I got yelled at for not doing anything with Enchantress. I'm soo bad at micheal :(

BraXzy

Oh the joys of steamrolling in this game <3 I went OD mid and helped dominate the enemy team, got a little reckless by their fountain and nearly died but my ult came up while I imprisoned myself. :D

profit

Single draft, teammates pick Pudge, Lina, Lifestealer and Weaver. I pick Earthshaker from my three heroes cause its the only support in there.
After about 15 minutes Pudge tells us we are a bunch of feeders while he has 14 death's allready.

About 15 minutes later he starts complaining to me how I only have arcane boots, wand and a gem. While I explaing to him I've been warding, buying couriers, buying TP's to assist (the only one on the team who actually bought TP's) and a gem. He starts mocking my why in the hell I bought a gem when I have so little HP. We were up against a BH and a Slark who kept destroying everyone.

Sure I could probably have more items if I was a better player, but some people dont seem to understand why supports dont have tons of gold like most carries do.

Tobe

Single draft, teammates pick Pudge, Lina, Lifestealer and Weaver. I pick Earthshaker from my three heroes cause its the only support in there.
After about 15 minutes Pudge tells us we are a bunch of feeders while he has 14 death's allready.

About 15 minutes later he starts complaining to me how I only have arcane boots, wand and a gem. While I explaing to him I've been warding, buying couriers, buying TP's to assist (the only one on the team who actually bought TP's) and a gem. He starts mocking my why in the hell I bought a gem when I have so little HP. We were up against a BH and a Slark who kept destroying everyone.

Sure I could probably have more items if I was a better player, but some people dont seem to understand why supports dont have tons of gold like most carries do.

just mute him. play your best use chat wheel to communicate.

demented

http://dotabuff.com/matches/305778782
This is what I like, I queued with my very high friend and other closer to my level one and we get an amazing game, sure might be because my friend's really good (pudge) but everything was great, wards, communication, pings, missings etc!

It was high skill game, checked after, think I'm gonna queue with him and others like that from now one, hopefully it boosts me up both in skill and MM :)

(I know it was a stomp and a lot of those deaths were reaching but it just feels good after some terrible loses lol)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there any evidence that match making actually tries to match people based on 'reputation'? You know, like put nice people with the other nice people, and the people who think they aren't ragers but really are with the other people who think they aren't ragers but really? It should be possible to an extent with Commendations and reports.

Is there any evidence that match making actually tries to match people based on 'reputation'? You know, like put nice people with the other nice people, and the people who think they aren't ragers but really are with the other people who think they aren't ragers but really? It should be possible to an extent with Commendations and reports.

4x4 plz kirb.

Low Tier

that would be such a waste of resources that its not even worth thinking about who cares what kind of personality a person has in a video game all that matters is skill factor so that games can be as evenly matched as they can be that way everyone can have fun playing the game :)

that would be such a waste of resources that its not even worth thinking about who cares what kind of personality a person has in a video game all that matters is skill factor so that games can be as evenly matched as they can be that way everyone can have fun playing the game :)
The best part of that is the smiley face. It's so passive-aggressive.

what if valve gave a blowjob to the losing team. like losing is bad and you feel bad but if you get it as a form of compensation it would be really nice i feel. the bigger the stomp the hotter the girl -- women can get hats

Around when was that last year we started getting hints/leaks for the Halloween update? I remember Kirby posting the Diretide map like 1 month before or so.

it's directly to the main client, so probably hats and stuff (if even)

I wonder if they'll retire the test client and only pull it out for hero updates. Really, that's all it's needed for these days.

Ketch

Anybody else ever do that thing, where you're trying to run down and to the left, but then you accidentally click the top right corner of the minimap and turn around right into them?

BigAT

Anybody else ever do that thing, where you're trying to run down and to the left, but then you accidentally click the top right corner of the minimap and turn around right into them?

dota_minimap_misclick_time "0.X"

Put in a value for X, your cursor will have to hover over the minimap for X seconds until your clicks count. It helps with that, although it still happens to me from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom