• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

it's directly to the main client, so probably hats and stuff (if even)

I wonder if they'll retire the test client and only pull it out for hero updates. Really, that's all it's needed for these days.

I don't see the need either, right now there is a tournament mode for lobbies but it's always the same as the normal one isn't it? Why not just test heroes in the main client like normal and let pro games use the tournament settings without the new hero/changes. No need for 2 clients that way.

Vaporak

Anybody else ever do that thing, where you're trying to run down and to the left, but then you accidentally click the top right corner of the minimap and turn around right into them?

Nope, never had this be an issue; though I've heard others complain about it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anybody else ever do that thing, where you're trying to run down and to the left, but then you accidentally click the top right corner of the minimap and turn around right into them?

All the time. Someone posted some autoexec lines a while back that put a delay on the minimap click, but I always forget to put them in

Kard8p3

GAF please teach me how to fucking LD.

I just suck as him, I have the build I want to use, but Im just so slow at getting my items.

ElyrionX

I have been playing Puck quite a bit and have been doing decently. Current win-loss is 8-6 and I have been getting the hang of managing all his skills and dagger and whatever else I buy.

However, I find that while I have a lot of influence in the outcome of fights in early to mid game, my late game impact drops off a cliff very quickly. 3 seconds of silence is too little in late game especially when I need to put myself in very dangerous positions to get it off. And while I tend to cast Dream Coil to catch a big group early in fights, would it be better to cast it late in general when people are more likely to need to retreat?

Puck is squishy throughout but even more so in late game when everyone hits hard. Am I doing something wrong or should Puck also have a good amount of influence in late game?

I typically go, in order, Null Treads Eul Dagger and Scythe or Null Treads Eul Dagger and Dagon.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wow, it just happened. My first Dota rage.

I didn't expect it.
Played Bane for the first time.
Naga got the DD rune top at the start of the game and was wandering down to gank mid. I helped intercept then she tried to hide in some trees. BrainSap and auto attacks were enough to buy time for mid, then I let mid get last hit.

-DISCONNECTED-

Oh man it feels so good.
You guys didn't tell me that Venge is the most fun hero in the game! I've been missing out
Zzzzzzzz

Anti-Mage's Blink doesn't even make sense. He hates magic but its totally teleportation. It even leaves blue sparks behind.
He kills magic to make it happen, he doesn't use magic.

Dahbomb

Blink isn't magic, it's Ki energy usage. Link a Monk or using Hadouken or Instant Transmission Goku style.

It's pure skill and years of perfecting the technique.

Hung_real

Also just throwing this out there: what's your favourite BM to use on the other team?

"I hope you step on a Lego" is always a good one.

The faithful followers of EE-kami humbly request your
financial support so that we can spread the love of our
heavenly Father, Jacky-dono, the Bringer of Rares, into the
hearts of people around the world, as He continues to fight
for justice and honor on the ROAD TO TI4 and JAPAN!​

Ketch

dota_minimap_misclick_time "0.X"

Put in a value for X, your cursor will have to hover over the minimap for X seconds until your clicks count. It helps with that, although it still happens to me from time to time.

That sounds like a life saver, how do I set this up?

shira

The faithful followers of EE-kami humbly request your
financial support so that we can spread the love of our
heavenly Father, Jacky-dono, the Bringer of Rares, into the
hearts of people around the world, as He continues to fight
for justice and honor on the ROAD TO TI4 and JAPAN!​

woah there sailor

you kiss your mom with that mouth
Steve Winwood sucks and I don't know anybody that knows who he is.

iRCNllmh57FYd.gif
Someone has to come up with a Donger-style emote for EE whenever he fucks up.

Lotto

In-game peak is about to hit half a million (483,835). Despite the game having no sizable updates post-International, it sure is getting more and more players! I hope there's a big update this week
who am i kidding, we'll hit half a million players before we get a new hero

Boken

Banned
In-game peak is about to hit half a million (483,835). Despite the game having no sizable updates post-International, it sure is getting more and more players! I hope there's a big update this week

ibmPFwi7naMvO2.gif

Razzer

Actually it hit half a million 3 weeks ago or so. The highest it's been so far is roughly 541,000.
I should mention that if you want peak times you should look at 3:00 pm GMT on Saturdays. That is roughly when the highest numbers appear. I don't know what time that is for you Americans etc though.

Zeth

Is it normal for randoms to friend you and want to rob you via trade/ are offended by any offers even remotely reasonable. Christ. I guess it's just perusing random inventories in chat channels?

Is it normal for randoms to friend you and want to rob you via trade/ are offended by any offers even remotely reasonable. Christ. I guess it's just perusing random inventories in chat channels?

Some people do have backpack scanners...

Just make your profile/inventory private or to friends only.

Arkanius

Guys let's talk Elder Titan
I absolutely love to play him. Natural Order is fucking awesome debuff as hell.
But god damn, I don't know how to build him correctly. I always get a Soul Ring first, but I feel I'm always way to squishy during all the phases of the game. I feel I need to build Strength items, but the best items to get for him are utilities and Intel.

So, tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom